06

On Rainy Days

Jihyo was sprawled on her bed. It was only 1am by the time they had finished clearing everything up and returned home. This was the usual routine of their lives now. They would sleep in the day and surface in the night. They caught roughly around 4 hours of sleep when the sun was out, then their days would be spent in their basement level, training or gathering information about their next targets. They usually appeared in the public at night, for missions or for performing the routines their ordinary selves did.

It was like each member had two personalities; one in MBLAQ and one at home.

Jihyo at home was just like any other ordinary girl. She lived life like it was. She liked music, reading, coffee and sitting in the coffee shop around the corner from her apartment doing all three of the things above at the same time. She was warm, she was simple and she was happy. She was also lonely and her only friend was Joon, but as long as she had him by her side, she was fine. Joon... Jihyo sighed to herself. She'd been thinking about him a lot lately, not entirely sure why either.

Jihyo at home was as vulnerable as Jihyo in MBLAQ was dangerous.

Jihyo in MBLAQ was trained in assassination, specialised in handguns but also competent in close combat and sniping. She did, however, leave the tech work for Thunder and Eunjung, the only two in MBLAQ skilled in tech. Jihyo in MBLAQ was often quiet, cold and distant but she showed enough concern for her team-mates for them to know that she really did love and care for them as she would with her family. MBLAQ was her family now, there was no denying it.

Jihyo had joined MBLAQ as soon as she left high school. That year, only Seungho and G.O were in the group. Seungho was appointed leader of a group that only existed of two people only a year before Jihyo and Joon had joined together. The four of them formed close bonds, being in the group for a sole reason that they only shared between them under the Boss' orders. To this day, the four remain the closest out of the whole group.

Shortly after, Mir joined the team and after showing his immense attention to detail and accuracy, he was appointed as the official sniper of the group. Jihyo, Joon, Seungho and G.O continued to train in all aspects of shooting and close combat. They trained hard in paying attention to detail just like Mir did, and developed natural instincts that proved most useful in their profession. Soon after, Jihyo and G.O decided to specialise in handguns whilst Joon and Seungho specialised in close combat but still maintaining their skills in the others.

Up until then, they still hadn't performed a single mission. The team understood the Boss' wishes though. In order for them to perform a mission successfully, they needed to form a close bond within the team and build enough trust to be able to work together well. It wasn't until Thunder and Eunjung joined together did the team feel complete. The Boss hadn't accepted any missions until the team went under months of analysing and criticising each other in the team. Those few months added a fairly large weight to each individual member's burdens but the experience only brought them closer. It was a tactic the Boss had experienced in his previous team and knew all too well that it would have the same effect on them too.

Now, they worked together as a solid unit. With just a few words, or sometimes even no words, spoken between them, they knew what the other was thinking and vice versa. They understood each other well and that was clearly shown in the precision of their missions. Although there was clearly a closer bond between the elders (Seungho, G.O, Joon and Jihyo) and between the younger trio (Thunder, Eunjung and Mir), they were still all close. They didn't know each other's darkest secrets, but they knew enough to know them and their true feelings.

"Each one of you is here for a reason," the Boss had said to them. "Don't ever forget that."

They never did. Those words still echoed in their minds each and every day. They were likely never to forget. They were like family, because without each other, they would be alone in this vast world.


A/N: Just a little background on the team... Junhyung will enter very soon, I promise. Thank you for subscribing, it means a lot and comments are always welcomed aha. This is really fun to write but I hope you guys are enjoying it so far!