11

On Rainy Days

A/N: My exams are coming up, so I'm gonna have to leave this story here for about 2 weeks. Sorry ㅠㅠ Hopefully, the next few chapters will be worth the wait.


13:21:04

Jihyo shot Joon a mischievious look before pulling his arm towards her apartment door.

"Wha-"

Joon had no time to respond as he found himself being dragged out of Jihyo's apartment and up the stairs. They burst through the door on the highest level and found themselves standing on the rooftop in the cool midnight breeze. Jihyo let go of Joon's arm and walked onto the rooftop, taking a blanket from one of the garden tables on the side. She laid it out on the floor and sat on it whilst Joon stood fixated by the door, watching her.

She glanced at him, as if to say "what are you doing, standing there like a moron?" before he snapped out of his daydream and joined her on the blanket. Jihyo laid on her back, facing the stars above them. Joon followed suit, resting his head on his hands and gazing up at the sky.

"Figured it'd been a while since we did this," Jihyo said quietly.

Joon didn't answer but Jihyo knew he understood. When Jihyo first moved into this apartment to live on her own, she spent many of her nights like this, lying on her back, facing the stars with Joon right by her side. She would eventually fall asleep cuddling into Joon for warmth and the next morning, she would wake up in her bedroom downstairs again, Joon nowhere to be seen. As their roles in MBLAQ became more complicated, they spent less and less nights like this, and eventually stopped altogether.

Jihyo blinked at the dark sky above her, tracing the shapes the faint stars made with her eyes. A comfortable silence enveloped them as they laid there together.

"Joonie..." Jihyo broke the silence.

"Hmm?" Joon replied, his eyes still facing the sky.

"Do you... Do you ever think back? Back to the days when we were younger?"

Joon considered the question for a moment. "Yeah. All the time," he answered truthfully.

"Mm..." Jihyo responded quietly.

'Mostly about you... and how much I miss your smile. How much I miss happy Jihyo...' Joon thought to himself sadly.

"Me too," Jihyo finished her sentence.

"Why?" Joon asked curiously.

Jihyo hesitated before answering, "No reason."

Joon sighed. "I know you better than anyone, Jihyo. You don't ask things like that unless you have a reason to. So spit it out, what's up?"

Jihyo bit her lower lip. She wasn't sure how to or whether she should answer his question. A few minutes of silence passed before Joon spoke again.

"Thinking about Junhyung?" Joon said quietly, his words cool and cutting through the silence sharply.

"I... Yeah," Jihyo replied, defeated.

Joon pursed his lips in disapproval. Sure, he had been important in her life and sure, it was unfair of him to expect her to forget him... but it had been a long time since they'd last seen each other. During that time, Joon was the only one by her side. Joon was the one who watched her and took care of her during her lowest points. Joon was the one who wiped her tears away and hugged her, reassuring her, comforting her that everything was going to be okay. Yet all she could think about was him, all she could remember was him.

Jihyo hadn't mentioned Junhyung much since they joined MBLAQ, but Joon knew her and he knew her thoughts. She had never once forgotten Junhyung and although she hadn't seen him in years, he really hadn't left her life just yet. Joon never brought the topic up, but he knew how much Jihyo was hurting and how much she missed him. He could almost feel her longing for Junhyung when he saw her pained expression as memories of him flickered across her mind. Too many things reminded her of Junhyung, but she never showed it outside her own home.

Joon knew that she saw him as a best friend, maybe even like a brother figure. He was glad to take that role, but after so many years of harbouring feelings for her, he really wished she could see something else in him... but Joon knew it wasn't her fault, he couldn't blame her for something like that and so he had kept quiet about it all, forcing himself to keep those feelings inside. He didn't do the best job, since the other members of MBLAQ seemed to have caught on about his interest in Jihyo... Except Jihyo herself. Which kind of defeated the point.

Joon's thoughts were interrupted as Jihyo spoke again.

"I think... I saw him the other night," Jihyo said quietly.

Joon stayed quiet. He didn't move and just continued to stay there in the same position. When he didn't reply, Jihyo glanced at him out of the corner of her eyes. She sighed inwardly as she looked away again.

'I wish I could forget him too, Joon. I've tried so hard, but I just can't seem to do it. I know. I know that if I forgot about him, life would be so much easier for both of us... but I really do try, and it's so hard... It's too hard,' Jihyo thought in her mind. Thoughts she was never brave enough to say out aloud.

Jihyo closed her eyes, her mind drifting to him again.

09:03:19

Jihyo woke up the next day, asleep in her own bed. When she called for Joon, there was no response. She sighed, realising she must have fallen asleep on him again. She stretched herself and got ready for the day of training ahead.

08:29:06

When she arrived at HQ, the first person she saw was Joon. She greeted him with a smile and walked straight past him. She knew better than to mix her personal life with her work life. Joon managed to stay out of her way for the rest of the day that they trained. Jihyo thought nothing much of it, she simply thought Joon was busy, but Joon had his reasons. Hearing her mutter Junhyung's name even in her sleep had caused a rush of feelings through him. It hurt him to an extent that she couldn't forget about Junhyung but it hurt him more to realise she thought of nobody else but him.

00:18:24

Jihyo bid her fellow teammates goodbye and left the building. She sighed as she stretched her arms out above her head. The past week and a half had been brutal, the training was really taking its toll on her body. She thought about the other members and their tired faces she had been seeing all week. Up until now, she still hadn't figured out what the Boss had in mind when he ordered them to train individually for the first week before moving to extreme group training the past few days. Jihyo was sure the Boss had something in mind, but she just couldn't figure out what it was.

Stepping out of the building, Jihyo noticed how dark it was. Glancing at her watch, she realised it was nearly 2am. Stuffing her hands into the pockets of her jacket, she quickly made her way home.

00:00:00