12

On Rainy Days

A/N: I'm back ^-^ thank you for being patient and sorry that this is such a short update~


Jihyo woke up to the sun shining through her windows. She stretched out and glanced at the clock, realising she had slept for 6 hours, longer than she usually did. The non-stop training really was tiring her out, she sighed. Getting out of bed, she got ready to leave for HQ. After getting changed, she walked to her living room and switched the TV on whilst she went to fix herself a quick breakfast.

"...a man found dead in his house early this morning..."

Jihyo heard the news reporter on the television and her ears pricked up with interest.

"...police reports say that he was shot in the heart and had no chance of survival. The man is said to be living alone. Police reports also mention that there was no sign of a break-in or forced entry..."

Jihyo walked back to the living room to watch the news report more carefully. Something about it didn't seem right. She froze when the camera pulled away from the news reporter and focused on the sign of the building behind her. The sign read 'J.Tune Inc.', otherwise known to Jihyo as HQ.

"No... No..." Jihyo whispered.

She hurriedly walked back to her bedroom to retrieve her phone. Picking it up, she realised it was dead, she had forgotten to charge it last night. She cursed under her breath and pulled out a spare battery from her bedside table to replace the one in her phone. Turning the phone back on, she returned to stand in front of her television.

As the phone , it vibrated several times and Jihyo mentally slapped herself as she saw a flood of messages filling her inbox. She quickly scrolled through them and noticed they were from the other members of MBLAQ, most of them from Joon. She opened the most recent one:

From: Joon

Jihyo. Stop scaring us. Get your to HQ right now.

Jihyo quickly turned her TV off and left the apartment, walking swiftly to HQ. Remembering the news reporters by the front of the building, she headed for the back entrance that was used by staff members. After taking the elevator to the basement floor, she quickly pressed her thumb on the fingerprint reader and walked in.

"Unnie!" Eunjung ran towards her and hugged her tightly. Jihyo looked at her and saw her eyes were b with tears. "Jihyo, we were so worried about you! We thought something had happened to you too..."

Jihyo hugged Eunjung and the girl's hair as she sobbed quietly on her shoulder. "No, I'm fine. My phone was dead and I overslept. I..."

She paused and looked at the members behind Eunjung. They were stood together solemnly, watching her intently. Joon had stopped mid-pace and turned around to face her, letting out a small sigh.

"What happened?" Jihyo asked quietly.

Jihyo glanced at Joon, who merely stared back at her, but it was enough to alert her to the fact that something was wrong. Something was very wrong. The concern in his eyes had softened as he had turned to look at her and she realised the concern was because of her absence. As her mind fluttered back to the news she saw earlier, she mentally counted the number of members present. One... two... three, four, five... six... and seven, including herself. The members were all there, so...

Jihyo walked with Eunjung to join the rest of the members that were looking at the computer station where Thunder was sat at. They had pulled up various news channels that were covering the same story Jihyo was watching before she arrived.

"Is it..." Jihyo didn't want to finish her sentence.

"The Boss..." Seungho said quietly. "The Boss is dead."

Jihyo grit her teeth together as hard as she could to stop the tears forming in her eyes. Deep down, she knew it already when she first saw the news, but she didn't want to admit it. She couldn't. She stood amongst the other members in silence, a large weight within her causing her heart to sink.

The Boss... was dead.

The Boss, who she always regarded as a father figure since she joined the team... The Boss, who was almighty and knowing... The Boss, who they all looked up to and respected... was dead.

***

There was a sound as the sliding doors to their level opened. Jihyo glanced around at the other members and counted the number of people there... 7. Who could be entering their level? The only people that ever came were the members of MBLAQ or the Boss himself. The members of MBLAQ were all present and the Boss was...

"Who the hell are you?!"

Jihyo looked up at Joon's words to see a man standing in front of them. He was quite tall, with a built body and broad shoulders. He wore a black formal suit with a white shirt and a thin black tie. His jet black hair was styled meticulously and his eyes were hidden behind black sunglasses. He stood confidently in front of them and watched them as he held a medium sized black box in front of him.

"Relax, Joon. He couldn't have gotten in if he wasn't on our side. The reader wouldn't recognise his fingerprint," Seungho said, stepping out in front of the group and gesturing at the key card hanging around the man's neck.

Sure enough, the key card had 'J.Tune Inc.' written on it with the company logo to accompany it. That was the company who this building belonged to, the company that the Boss publically owned besides managing MBLAQ's activities. Joon backed down but continued to stare at the stranger warily.

"Sorry for his behaviour," Seungho apologised, bowing to the man in front of him.

"It's understandable. I'm not a familiar face," the man replied coolly, taking off his sunglasses to look at the members carefully.

"May I ask who you are though?" Seungho said politely.

"I'm Kim Jong Kook. I'm," he paused momentarily. "the Boss' right-hand man."

The members glanced at each other. If he was the right-hand man, how come none of them had seen him before?

"I understand your reactions. You haven't seen me before even though I worked closely with the Boss and you have no reason to trust me," he continued. "But I'm here to pass on orders."

Jong Kook offered the black box he was holding to Seungho, who took it cautiously.

"What's this?" Seungho asked, confused.

"The Boss'... last wishes," he replied, unsure of how to describe it. "He left it in his last orders to pass this onto you, the members of MBLAQ. You'll understand when you open it."

With that, Kim Jong Kook turned around to leave. He stopped when he reached the doors to their level and turned around to face the members once again.

"The Boss... was very fond of you kids. He cared for each and every one of you as if you were his blood children," he turned his gaze to the floor, a small smile forming on his lips as he recalled some memories. He looked back up at the members. "It was very clear to the people around him, how much he loved you kids. Even if he never showed it, he really did care a lot for you."

The members were surprised and touched by his words. He turned around again to face the glass doors in front of him.

"I hope you'll do the right thing," he said lastly before swiping his key card into the card reader.

The doors slid open and he left the members, still shocked by the man's sudden appearance and words.