Change The Target?!

Room 405, It's Your Turn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Changmin’s still sitting comfortably on the end of his bed, gives Jaejoong a very confident smile on his face. While looking at the unmoved Jaejoong, Changmin keeps playing with the IV’s cable which is stuck on his left hand. “Good to know that you realized I’m not him,” said Changmin with a woman’s hoarse voice, still with smile on his face.

“That’s obvious,” answered Jaejoong straightly, trying his best to cover the fear inside himself up.

Changmin’s remaining in silence for some seconds, before starts laughing with the woman’s voice once more. It seems that the woman, or whatever inside Changmin’s body, can easily finding the truth about Jaejoong’s fear. Jaejoong’s almost letting some words out, when Changmin suddenly pulls the IV off from his hand. Liquid’s flowing out from the cable just like that, getting ignored by two people inside the room.

“I won’t do anything with you, Dear,” said Changmin calmly, still playing with the IV on his hand.

Even though Jaejoong doesn’t understand what the woman will do, he’s having this bad feeling inside him. Because of that, Jaejoong’s finally trying to encourage himself and take some steps forward to Changmin’s direction.

Jaejoong will be lying if he said that he’s not afraid with everything. Heck, how could someone not afraid after witnessing his bestfriend talk with a woman’s hoarse voice? Or when his bestfriend’s staying awake, yet his chest remains unmoved at all? If he knows any ways to get out from this trouble, Jaejoong’s sure that he’ll gladly doing it like, right now.

But as much as Jaejoong wants to running away from everything, he knows that he can’t abandon Changmin’s alone on this state. Not that he’s still blaming Yunho about Changmin’s condition now, but he doesn’t want to repeat the same mistake with Yunho. Mistakes were made to not be repeated again later, but to be learned.

“You can do nothing,” said Changmin with a smirk on his face, before showing his wrist out and aiming the IV’s needle towards it.

Jaejoong widens his eyes right away, knowing exactly what the woman will do to Changmin’s body soon. Jaejoong keeps gulping his own saliva and biting his lower lips, feeling extremely nervous to watch what Changmin’s going to do. “No. Please, don’t,” begged Jaejoong, taking another step forward to Changmin’s direction.

“It’s his choice,” replied Changmin toneless, with eyes locking at his own wrist.

“What do you-”

Jaejoong stops his words and holds his breath immediately, when looking at the sight in front of him. He can see clearly that Changmin’s hand now above his head, getting ready to smash it down; towards his own wrist. When Jaejoong’s seeing Changmin’s hand starts moving down with a high speed, he quickly runs towards Changmin as fast as he can.

“NO!!!” shouted Jaejoong.

He’s immediately gripping on Changmin’s hand, before takes the IV off from his hand in no time. Without caring where it’ll be landed, Jaejoong just throws it away to anywhere. After Jaejoong’s sure that the IV is out of reach already, he quickly pins Changmin down to the bed; prevents him from doing anything else.

“Stop it! Stop hurting him!!!” said Jaejoong angrily, while pushing Changmin deeper to the bed. Jaejoong doesn’t even realize when Changmin’s yelping out of pain; seems forgetting already that the woman’s actually inside Changmin’s body. “What do you want? Why are you doing this? Why him? Why not me!!!”

Changmin’s coughing over for several times, before back smiling at Jaejoong victoriously. “Do you want him to get killed? He has a hard time to breathe already, without any of your actions. Now he can’t breathe at all... because of you,” asked him calmly, still with a cold and empty gaze.

After the realization hits him, Jaejoong’s immediately backing off from his place. Even though there are some spaces between him and Changmin now, Jaejoong’s eyes never leaving every movement from Changmin. Jaejoong even keeps telling himself to get ready anytime, just in case the woman will do something towards Changmin’s body again.

Without too much effort, Changmin’s standing up and facing Jaejoong, still with a confident feeling. After knowing that Jaejoong won’t attack him again; at least for these time being, Changmin starts laughing. “I don’t have the need to breathe at all, if you want to know. But this boy here,” Changmin stopped for a second to point at himself, “will need that so bad.”

Jaejoong remains in silence, feeling very angry towards the woman.

“Actually even if I wasn’t trying to hurt him before, he’ll still die sooner or later. Am I right?” added Changmin, while sitting on the bed once more.

“Can’t you just stop doing whatever it is to him?” asked Jaejoong, feeling helpless for the first time. Jaejoong knows that Changmin will need the oxygen mask and IV plastered back on his body, even though his heart beat’s still normal until now. However, Jaejoong also knows that he has to make the woman’s getting out from Changmin’s body to save him.

“I believe that I’m doing nothing to him right now, Dear,” answered Changmin quickly.

“Why don’t you get the off from his body and leave him alone now?!” said Jaejoong with a threatening voice. He’s feeling way too annoyed with the woman inside Changmin’s body already, until he remembers nothing about his fears anymore.

“Or what?” asked Changmin back, challenging Jaejoong confidently.

Jaejoong’s just biting his lower lips nervously as the answer.

After looking at Jaejoong’s reaction, Changmin chuckles right away. “Can’t answer it? Let me help you then,” said Changmin, still with his woman’s hoarse voice.

For a moment, Changmin seems pretending to think over about what’s the best answer Jaejoong should give to him. But not long after that, he starts clapping his hands happily; as if getting it already. “How about kill this body along with me? Who knows, maybe I can die because of that. But... what if I’m going to stay alive after that? Oh, you’re going to be in a big problem, Dear,” Changmin said while laughing along, “I’m sorry, it seems that I can’t help you at all. What to do?”

Jaejoong clenches his fist tightly beside his body, trying to prevent himself from hitting Changmin’s body. His eyes starts getting teary now, after knowing that he can’t do anything to save Changmin. His only hope is just making the woman agree to let Changmin go. He still doesn’t know how to do it, but he promises to himself to make it happen... somehow.

“Oh no, I made someone’s crying here,” mocked Changmin after spotting Jaejoong’s tears.

“Just- please?” said Jaejoong while kneeling in front of Changmin. He doesn’t care about his pride or anything more right now. He doesn’t care if he’s begging to the woman inside Changmin. “Let him go. Let him live peacefully. I don’t understand why you did these to him. But-”

Jaejoong’s suddenly stopping his words abruptly and letting it hangs just like that. He can’t bear with the pain on his chest, and his mind keeps going to the worst possibility; the death of Changmin. He’s failed to prevent himself from crying. He’s letting the tears escaped from his eyes; since no matter how hard Jaejoong’s trying to wipe it off, the tears keeps coming back.

Changmin looks a bit shock with the sudden break down in front of him, but he manages to keep himself on the track. He’s trying his best to make an expressionless face in front of Jaejoong.

Jaejoong stares at Changmin deeply, hoping that the woman will have some pity on him. “Please, just let him go. I’m willing to do anything as you want,” said Jaejoong desperately. After some seconds has been passed and Changmin still doesn’t give any answer to Jaejoong, Jaejoong immediately added in whisper, “Let me replace him.”

Changmin’s raising his eyebrows, seems impressed with Jaejoong’s firmness. “Why do you want to sacrifice yourself for him? You’ll be able to live happily even without him around you. It’s just his life, not yours. So- why?” asked him.

“Are you crazy? How can I live happily without him around me? He’s my precious friend! Wait- just scratches that. He’s more than just a friend fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter