The Breaking Down

Room 405, It's Your Turn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yunho leans his body on the wall and closes his eyes tightly. He’s waiting for Changmin inside the operation room in worry right now. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun’s taking care of Changmin’s administration and everything else. Yunho knows that he should be the one doing those instead of Kyuhyun. But he doesn’t think that he can do it for now, remembering his mind keeps replaying what he saw.

Yunho really pays no attention to anything around him, not even when the footsteps coming closer. Because of that, Yunho’s getting shock all of sudden when something hits his cheek hardly. He’s immediately opening his eyes abruptly and facing the angry Jaejoong right in front of him.

“Jae-”

“Why?” asked Jaejoong shortly, with a clear hurt expression on his face.

Yunho remains silent, too surprised to react on anything.

Without any warning, another punch landed on Yunho’s cheek again. “I believed you! I thought he’ll be fine with you beside him! You know I was hesitant to let him go, but you were reassuring me! Then why are you ruining my trust?! Why?!!!”

Yunho’s falling to the floor without any defense.

“Hyung, stop it!” shouted Junsu in panic.

However, it seems that Jaejoong’s not listening to anything more. “Answer me! Why did you let Changmin hurt? Why could this happen?!” asked Jaejoong, this time while grabbing Yunho’s collar harshly. Full with anger, Jaejoong pushes Yunho backward, until his back hitting the wall. “Answer me! Speak to me, Jung Yunho!”

“Jae... I’m-”

Yunho stops his words right after looking at Jaejoong’s teary eyes.

“It’s hurt. It’s hurt, Yun,” said Jaejoong while releasing Yunho from his grip. Then Jaejoong quickly covers his face using both of his hand to hide it. But unfortunately, even though Yunho can’t see Jaejoong’s face, he’s still able to hear the sobs clearly.

Without thinking, Yunho pulls Jaejoong’s trembling body to his embrace. He keeps rubbing his back gently, trying to calm Jaejoong down. “I’m sorry. You’re right; everything’s happened because of me,” Yunho said in whisper, “I’m really sorry, Jae.”

Jaejoong shakes his head furiously. “I should come with you. I shouldn’t just stay at home,” said him helplessly.

“It’s okay. I’m the one who should be blamed,” said Yunho while Jaejoong’s hair softly. Unconsciously, the tears also start rolling on Yunho’s cheek without able to be stopped. “I should stop him. I shouldn’t be afraid. I’m very sorry.”

Yoochun, who’s been eyeing two of them since the start, walks towards them. “What was happened is not because any of you, or any of us,” he said carefully, “Stop blaming yourself, Hyung.”

Without someone’s ordering him, Yoochun joins the group hug right after that.

Looking at the three hug in front of him, Junsu can’t help but starts getting jealous too. He’s immediately running towards the other three and joining the hug. “Don’t worry. Changmin is the strongest, like the name. He’ll be safe,” said Junsu.

The four of them stay in their hug for a moment, until Kyuhyun’s appearing and making a sound to attract their attention. Hearing Kyuhyun’s voice, all of them break the hug unwillingly before looking at Kyuhyun, who’s standing awkwardly.

“I hate to interrupt. But please sign first?” asked Kyuhyun while giving Yunho the paper.

Yunho’s reading each word carefully before signing the paper that contains an agreement between him and the hospital about Changmin’s condition. Before able to bring the paper back to the administration desk, Kyuhyun already gets a call from Leeteuk. After cursing slightly, he answers the call immediately.

“What?” asked Kyuhyun, doesn’t bother to hide his annoyed feeling.

“We have a sudden work to do. Come back quickly!” ordered Leeteuk.

“Can’t anyone else go? I’m busy! Changmin’s in operation room and you asked me to work? Like... seriously?” asked Kyuhyun again in disbelief.

“I know, and I’m sorry to hear that. But Changmin has the other members, right? For now you have to go back, Kyu,” said Leeteuk, trying once more.

“Kyu, you should go. We’ll take care of Changmin so don’t worry,” Yunho finally said to reassuring Kyuhyun, “I’ll immediately tell you if there’s any news about him.”

Kyuhyun remains silent for a moment. After knowing that he has no choice but to believe on the other four, Kyuhyun sighs in defeat. “Fine. Fine, I come back now,” he said, before locking his eyes at Yunho’s, “And you better do it well!”

Yunho smiles slightly and gives Kyuhyun a nod.

After Kyuhyun out from their sight, the four of them are sitting quietly and waiting for any news about Changmin. It seems that hours has passed already since the last time Yunho saw Changmin, but there’s no sign the operation will be ended soon. They only see the doctors and nurses are getting in and out the operation room in rush.

Starts getting tired, Jaejoong’s leaning on Yunho’s shoulder; letting the younger his hair to put away his nervous feeling. When Jaejoong almost falling asleep, suddenly all of them can hear the doctor’s voice that make Jaejoong awakes again. “Shim Changmin family?” asked the doctor.

The four of them stand up and look at the doctor quickly, trying to find any hope there.

“I’m sorry. We’ve tried our best,” said the doctor.

“What- He- Changmin- he’s not- right?” asked Junsu, trembling on his words.

“He’s still alive,” the doctor answered quickly, knowing exactly what Junsu wanted to ask. But before they’re sighing in relief, the doctor already continued, “However since the knife wounded him deeply, he’s still not in a stable condition now.”

They start widening their eyes and waiting for the next words.

“He’s in coma. There’s a possibilities his condition will be dropped several times, and to be honest with you... we’re not sure how long he’ll make it,” added the doctor.

Everything seems turning black for the other four.

“But life and death is on God’s hand. So, let’s just pray,” said the doctor again, trying his best to give the other a hope, even a very small hope.

“No. No. You can’t do it. You can’t,” said Jaejoong unclearly. Then without anyone expected, Jaejoong’s suddenly rushing to the doctor and almost grabbing his collar if Yunho’s not stopping him. “YOU HAVE TO SAVE HIM! YOU CAN’T LET HIM DIE! YOU CAN’T!”

Jaejoong struggles on Yunho’s grip, before finally breaking down at the floor helplessly. He starts sobbing like there’s no tomorrow. The more he thinks about Changmin, the more he feels the hurt and pain at his chest. He doesn’t like the fact that none of them able to do anything for Changmin.

“Please... save him. He’s our precious maknae,” whispered Jaejoong.

While Yunho’s trying to help Jaejoong to stand up, on the other side Yoochun’s head starts getting dizzy. His mind seems not working anymore and his body’s felt weaker all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter