Apartment's Dark Past and ... What?!

Room 405, It's Your Turn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minyeon’s knocking a main door from one of the houses, not too far from the apartment building placed. Getting no answer from the house, Minyeon starts shouting out her mother’s name. “Umma! Umma!” Minyeon called loudly, still knocking the door, “Umma Shinrae!!!”

Yunho, Changmin, and Kyuhyun could hear rushing steps from the house. Not long after that, the door opened and showing a woman with wrinkled face; seems annoyed. “Yah, Park Minyeon! Stop shouting my name to the neighborhood!” complained the woman named Shinrae, making three men in front of her jump in surprise.

Then, Shinrae starts turning to face Yunho, Changmin, and Kyuhyun. For a while, Shinrae’s frowning in confuse because she couldn’t recognize the people in front of her that still in their disguise. But when finally she could recognize them, Shinrae quickly makes an attempt to close the door before them getting in. Fortunately, Yunho reacts quickly by slipping his fingers between the doors and holding it.

“Umma! Why did you try to lock me here with the Oppas?!” complained Minyeon with a pout.

Shinrae doesn’t bother to replying Minyeon’s protest and still trying to close the door. But unfortunately, Yunho’s not the right opponent for her. With ease, Yunho’s pulling the door and opening it widely.

“Good morning Shinrae-Noona... May I call you with that?” Yunho said with full of confidence, while bowing towards her. Then, Yunho gives his ultimate smile to Shinrae, making her blushes immediately. “Take it easy, Shinrae-Noona.  We’re here not with a bad intention. We just want to talk with you for a moment... can we?”

Shinrae’s looking at Yunho sharply. “Are you giving me a choice?” asked her.

“I’m sorry, Noona. If it’s needed, I’ll force you to talk with us,” Yunho said with another smile, somewhat making Shinrae shivers, “Since it’s about my important person’s life.”

Yunho stops for a second and holds Changmin’s hand. “A matter of my brother’s life,” added Yunho.

Shinrae takes a glance to Yunho and Changmin alternately, while thinking over about the answer she should give to Yunho. Realizing she really has no choice, finally Shinrae’s sighing in defeat.

“I don’t want to get involved, but-” Shinrae said before sighing again, “Just get in.”

Yunho’s sighing in relief, glad that he doesn’t have to forcing her to get the information they needed. After Shinrae got into her house with Minyeon, Yunho’s quickly following her with Changmin and Kyuhyun on his back.

“Please sit down,” Shinrae said while pointing at the couches inside the living room.

Yunho, Changmin, and Kyuhyun immediately sit hesitantly, feeling unsure about the decision they made. Meanwhile, Shinrae keeps persuading Minyeon to get into her room for now and wait there until the talks ended. However, Minyeon keeps insisting to stick with Kyuhyun.

“Minyeon! Get into your room now, or Umma will tell Appa about your mischievous behavior!” ordered Shinrae in desperate.

“S- Shiro, Umma. Shiro!” Minyeon rejected quickly, while running towards Kyuhyun and jumping to his lap, “I want to be with Kyuhyun-Oppa. I don’t want to go!”

Looking at the quarrel between a mother and daughter because of him, Kyuhyun finally takes the initiative to help Shinrae persuading Minyeon. He turns Minyeon around, so that both of them facing each other. “Minyeon, just follow what your umma told you, okay?” Kyuhyun said with another smile, “Oppa need to talk with your umma now. After that, Oppa promise to treat you an ice cream.”

“Really???” asked Minyeon with sparkling eyes.

Kyuhyun nods and stretches out his pinkie to Minyeon. Immediately, Minyeon’s linking her pinkie with Kyuhyun to make a promise. Then, Minyeon hugged Kyuhyun slightly before leaving the four adults towards her room.

“Thank you so much,” said Shinrae after sighing in relief.

Kyuhyun just shrugs in ease. “Not a problem, Noona,” answered him.

After that, Shinrae sits on the remaining chair in front of the men and looks at them. Yunho, Changmin, and Kyuhyun doesn't dare to open their mouth, even thought the questions are on their tongue already. More precisely, none of them know where to start the conversation with Shinrae.

“I know what you want,” said Shinrae, breaking the silence.

Shinrae’s words makes the three of them looking at her in surprise.

Shinrae chuckles after looking at their reaction. “Do you think I never read the news or watch the television?” she asked, “I know about Dong Bang Shin Ki moves to the apartment number 405. I know about Changmin-Sshi who’s accused for trying to kill Yoochun-Sshi, and some other news.”

Changmin already open his mouth to ask, but Shinrae’s stare making him mum immediately.

“Did you dream about a woman... or strange things, Changmin-Sshi?” Shinrae asked again, making the three widen their eyes, “Or you felt can’t control your own body? Or maybe you even couldn’t remember about things?”

“How could you know about it?” asked Changmin in disbelief.

Shinrae smiles weakly after hearing Changmin’s question. “Someone close to me encountered the same occurrence like you,” answered her.

When everyone in the room remains in silent, suddenly Shinrae’s standing up from her seat and walking to the other room. The three men, who’re being left by Shinrae, just look at each other without able to speak out their confused minds. Not long after that, Shinrae comes back with a pile of old newspapers.

In silence, Shinrae puts one of the newspapers on the table and points to the headline news. Yunho, Changmin, and Kyuhyun immediately come closer to the newspaper and starts reading it. The three of them widen their eyes again when realized that the case was happened inside the apartment number 305, one floor below TVXQ!’s.

After finished reading the news, Kyuhyun looks at Shinrae carefully. “Is he your acquaintance? Friend?” he asked, “Or cousin, maybe?”

“He’s my ex-boyfriend,” Shinrae answered calmly, “Which is my current husband.”

The three of them look at Shinrae, again with silence, don’t know how to react.

“At first, he told me that he got lots of strange dreams, but I never paid attention about it,” Shinrae explained, “He told me that there’s a scary woman keeps following him, but I never paid attention about it. He started hurting people around him and told me that it wasn’t under his control, but I also never paid attention about it.”

Shinrae stops for a moment, wiping the tears on her cheeks. “When he was sentenced murdering his family, I thought he’s crazy. I thought he’d need a psychiatrist,” she continued, “I never believe in any of his words about the woman. And because I was afraid of him, we broke up once.”

Shinrae smiles softly to Changmin. “You’re lucky enough if you have friends that fully believe in you,” she said, “It’s hard to believe those kinds of stories, you know.”

“But- It’s normal... to not believe on the story,” Kyuhyun said, trying to make Shinrae feels better, “It’s not your fault at all, Noona.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter