(8) Greeting her neighbors

Broken Arrow

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares..."

~ Hebrews 13:2

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Yah, Hana ah! Don’t run!” a teenage girl, wearing a complete formal school uniform was chasing after another young girl. The one that was chased by her shrieked, laughing loudly as she glanced at her from over her shoulder and stuck out her tongue to the girl.

“Euw! Faster! You, slow poke!” and the five years old girl wheeled even faster on her feet after she badmouthed her older sister. The teenage girl stopped running, trying to catch for her breath as she felt tired to go after her sister anymore. She hissed.

“Aish, this girl...doesn’t she knows how to walk?” she mumbled and continued walking, tugging her beg tighter to her shoulder but out of a sudden, somebody came to block her way.

The teenage girl looked up and her eyes instantly mesmerized when there was a very tall boy, standing right before her now. He looked so gorgeous with his messy brown hair and when he smiled upon her, she was completely blinded.

“Here...I believe this belongs to your little sister...” that boy opened up his palm to her and the girl slowly dropped her eyes on it. She smiled a bit when she noticed Hana, her sister just now accidentally slipped off her small butterfly hair pin when she was running –and this handsome guy picked it up.

What a luck. The girl thought but she gazed up to him again and curved a broad smile for him. “Yes, thank you...”

After bowing down politely to him, the girl avoided his eyes and sheepishly running back to her house as she grinned and giggled all the way there. The boy turned around, watching her until she cornered at the end of the road and entered a house second to the last along the row of it. He smirked and glimpsed to the wood next to where he was standing now.

“Just come out now...she’s gone...” the second he announced like that, Kai and the other four of the K members sneaked their way out from between the bushes there. Kai kept his hands inside the pockets of his trousers and he walked to stand next to the boy just now.

“So is it true that she’s living there?” he asked and the tall boy chuckled.

“Yeah...exactly beside the house of your so called angel...” Chanyeol sang to him but Kai smirked devilishly he was, focusing his eyes sharp upon another big white colored house that situated next to the house of the teenage girl just now.

“Kai...I still don’t get it...why do we need to stay close to our enemy? I mean, there’s no point...okay? She’s angel and we’re demons...we are just creating disaster by staying close to each other now...” Baekhyun complained to him, shaking his head in disapproval of what they will be doing today but Kai glared to him.

“Yes...she’s an angel and we’re demons...we shouldn’t live in the same place and not to mention to be friendly towards each other but...she got something that is mine...” Kai told them and it made the whole K members to frown on him.

Their surprise reaction caused Kai to snort at them. “Don’t act like you guys don’t know...remember the task that Minho hyung gave me? I’m ordered to lure Amber...she’s my target human now...but as I get to know her, I understand that she’s also a very special badass for having a guardian angel watching over her...”

“What? A guardian angel? You mean...Amber is also that angel’s target human?” Suho asked in confusion and disbelief drawn on his face but Kai nodded his head.

“Yeah...and now we’re targeting on the same human, different tasks and different missions...but still, I won’t ever let her win...Amber will end up in my hand...” Kai said determinedly as his hand balled up into a firm fist. Sehun replied him an understanding nod and tapped Kai on his shoulder.

“Got it, bro...so shall we start?”

“Hell yeah! Leave the pretty chick just now to me...” Chanyeol answered him on behalf of Kai while he grinned evilly and stretched both of his arms, ready to take action on their plan.

Kyungsoo slipped his fists into his pockets but he led the six of them to start walking. “Let’s go...”

“Lalala...lalala...” Hana, the 5 years old baby just now humming slowly under her breath. She got on her knees as her pinkish stretched out to pluck a flower. She tried but when her fingertips just about to touch the red rose, a bug flew out from it and she screamed.

“Ah!” Hana pulled away her hand from it, hiding it behind her body. She watched the rose disappointedly but as tears started forming in her eyes, there was a hand reached down from outside the gate and that hand plucked the rose for her.

“There you go, sweetie...” Hana raised up her head and she blinked cutely when she saw Suho was smiling brilliantly to her. He put the rose on his palm and offered it to her but she continued watching him with weird stare. Suho chuckled.

“Come on...a present from oppa...don’t you wanna play with it?” he convinced her. Hana thought over for a minute before she easily believed him and picked up the rose.

“Thanks!”

“Then how about a butterfly? Do you want to play with it as well?” Suho lured her even more and Hana widened her eyes in excitement to him. “Can you catch it?”

“Sure...anything for you, dear...” as Suho grinned broadly, trying to distract her attention, he glanced mysteriously towards the main gate of this house.

Kai and the rest of the devils had already unlocked the gate and so easily made their way further into the compound of this house. They glanced around, noticed that Suho was still playing with the little girl nearby the garden but Kai signaled to the rest that they need to move fast now.

Chanyeol and Sehun nodded to him before they cornered their way and started finding the balcony of the house – they were going to sneak inside through it. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun followed Kai inside. They casually entered through the main door that led to the living room without bothering to ring the bell, knock the door or so.

“Who...who are you?” once Kai, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo stood together in a line, they faced a lady – probably the mother to the two lovely siblings just now.

She was in the middle of ironing the clothes in the living room but her eyes widened in shock when the devil trio suddenly showed up there. Baekhyun curved up his cute, eyesmile to her before he said,

“Pardon us for the interruption, ma’am...but we’re just asking for a room service here...” he played along and it earned a smirk from Kai while Kyungsoo kept his eyes sharp on the woman. She frowned even more on them and hastily put down her iron.

“What the hell are you guys talking?! You all are trespassing my house now! Leave or I’ll call the police!” she started threating them loudly, running over to the desk phone and pick it up to start dialing for the cop.

Kai massaged the back of his neck lazily, strolling around the living room but he stopped checking on the collection of photo frames decorated in the house and stole a glance towards Kyungsoo. “You may start now, Kyungsoo ah...”

The woman narrowed her eyes on Kai when he looked so calm and didn’t even infect by her threat. As soon as Kai gave his permission to him, Kyungsoo threw the woman a deadly glare from the corner of his eyes and without any warning, he launched forward towards her.

“Ah!!!” the woman screamed on top of her lungs, making the whole of her family members to surprise at their own place but Kyungsoo was fast enough and he grabbed the woman by before he used his beastly hand to strangle her with his gigantic strength.

“Argh...argh...” she suffocated, begging desperately for air but Kyungsoo gripped even tighter to her neck and crumpled straight until her bones forming crack sound – he almost break her neck away.

“Honey! What’s happening to you?” an old man, her husband suddenly appeared from the kitchen behind and Kai quickly grabbed up the first frame he could reach before he spun his body around and shot it straight towards the man.

“Ah!!!” his eyes widened but he didn’t stand a chance even for a second to dodge away from it and the frame knocked exactly on top of his forehead. Baekhyun laughed triumphantly, seizing the chance to destroy him and he stormed straight to the man before trapping him by his arms from behind.

“Hahahaha!!! Come on now, Kai!” Baekhyun called out to him and Kai positioned himself exactly perpendicular from the man’s way before he ran forward and landed a flying kick hard and straight into his stomach.

“Argghhhhhh!!!” the man growled, blood splattering out from his mouth but the devils won’t stop playing with him until he was dead. So Kai looked back to Kyungsoo and he already let go of the woman’s dead body – a corpse now as he left her laid forgotten, rotten and tortured on the floor.

“Take him and finish it!” Kai commanded towards him before he pulled the man just now up from the floor by his hair. The man grunted in pain but everybody ignored him and Kai kicked him away to where Kyungsoo was stood waiting.

The man landed weakly in front of him. Kyungsoo stared down on him – his expression was empty and plain but being the heartless demon with beastly strength, he never hesitate to grab him up by the collar, pushed him against the wall before Kyungsoo crushed him deep into his throat with his one but hardest punch. The man didn’t even worth to yell for he was dead at an instant, in just a split of second and Kyungsoo let go of his body that rolling down with blood to the floor.

“Omma! Appa! Are you guys okay?” their eldest daughter, the teenage girl just now finally got out from the bathroom as she just finished taking her bath but she stopped by the door and yelped a bit when she caught sight of two hot guys in her room.

Sehun was already sitting casually on her study table, making her reference books and stationary as the cushion to his but he turned smirking on her when she stared angrily upon him for making her stuff like that. She changed her eyes on her bed only to see Chanyeol was already lying there and in the middle of playing with her big teddy bear now.

“Well, hello beauty! We meet again...” Chanyeol waved up to her, smiling his gorgeous but demonic smile but the girl hissed and walked towards the exit door.

“Who are guys?! What are you doing here?! Where are my parents?! What’s happening to them?!” she asked them forcefully in her way to reach there but before her hand could touch the knob, Sehun jumped off from the table and he hastily stopped next to her.

She glared up to him when he snatched away her hand and held it tight to his chest.

“! What do you want from me?! Let me go!!!” and Sehun winked cunningly to her.

“My pleasure, dear...let’s send you to the hell, shall we?” with that sweet voice of him, Sehun twisted her arm away, causing her to squeal loudly in pain but he spun her body around and trapped her close to his chest so that they both were facing Chanyeol now.

She had started crying and begging in his arms but Chanyeol laughed out loud to her, enjoying her misery and he slowly walked over to them. On his way, the girl widened her teary eyes in major shock when she saw Chanyeol pulled out his right hand from his pocket but his palm was fiery. The combination of hot red and orange flaming there until he finally stopped in front of her and brought that palm up to caress her cheek.

“Urgh! Arghhhhhh!!!” she shouted in extreme pain when the flame was burning her skin and Chanyeol chuckled playfully, sweeping his palm all over her face.

“Well, well, well...don’t be afraid, honey...you’ll like it there...hell is even hotter than this...just as hot as the handsome face of mine...” Sehun wrinkled his nose once Chanyeol said so but he let go of the girl and simply continued to watch as Chanyeol kept on barbequing her on the floor until she turned into nothing but dead ashes.

“Hey, bad boys...done already?” Baekhyun waved to Chanyeol and Sehun when he saw them walking from upstairs. They both stopped halfway on it, nodding their heads but they shifted their eyes to the center of the living room when Kai and Kyungsoo gathered the dead bodies of the woman and her husband just now.

Last but not least, Suho walked in from outside and he joined beside Kyungsoo once he stopped next to him and dropped the lifeless body of Hana. He also had successfully killed her just now in the garden. Kai grinned upon eyeing the corpses of the whole family before he clapped his hands and announced in victory.

“Good job, everybody! Now, let’s have a feast for starting from today, we will be living here in this house...next to the angel girl!” the rest of his friends laughed devilishly out loud but Kai only smirked and he paced over to the window.

Peering outside, he focused his eyes sharply on the house next to this stolen house. He knew that inside of it was the place where Seohyun was staying.

“Let the game begin now, Miss Angel...”   he whispered firmly in determination to himself.

-Broken Arrow-

Luhan tapped on the pipe, humming slowly to himself as he let the water flowing out from it. Then he looked up and reached out his hands to pull open the curtain of the window in front of him. As he opened it up, his eyes spontaneously caught sight of his neighbor’s house.

“Huh?” his forehead creased up into line of frowns when he noticed that there were big fire with heavy black smoke drifting up in the air from the backyard of that house.

“What’s the matter?” he turned around when Kris greeted him while walking into the kitchen.

“No...I don’t know...I’ve never seen the uncle next door causing such a big open burning like that...it’s too dangerous...” Luhan commented back, continued to watch but he let out short chuckle after that.

Kris came to stand next to him, throwing his eyes out towards the fire but he looked down to the sink and tapped off the water that left running by Luhan just now.

“Don’t waste the water if you’re not going to use it...plus, why don’t you go and take a look of your neighbor? They might need our help after all...” Kris reminded before walking away from the window.

Luhan smiled lazily without looking at him. “Yeah, I will...but I can’t be there with empty hand...I’ll cook something for breakfast and send it to them...”

“What do we have for breakfast then?” Kris asked, ducking his head inside the refrigerator as he stopped there. Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Pancake maybe...Seohyun likes it...”

Once Luhan was mentioning her name, Kris closed the door of the refrigerator and paced out from the kitchen. He took the path to his left, wanting to go and check on her in the room where they locked Amber away last night. Seohyun had been accompanying her for the rest of the night and Kris thought it was the best to wake them up by now. Before he reaches the door, Kris paused on his feet when Amber suddenly stormed out and Seohyun tailed behind.

“Amber ah...wait up!” he blinked his eyes upon them but Amber ignored him and simply walked pass, the same went for Seohyun as she kept on following her human. They walked straight to the front door until Amber pushed open the door widely and stepped out. That was when Seohyun stopped behind her and she grabbed Amber by her wrist.

“Please, Amber ah! Stop and listen to me!” she insisted and Amber clicked her tongue impatiently to her, turning back to look at Seohyun.

“What do you want now? I thought it’s enough for me to be grounded for the whole night yesterday! Just let me go...I still need to catch up with my life!” Amber groaned while folding her arms across her chest but Seohyun stared on her without showing the sign of giving up.

“I know, I know...you still have a lot of things to do in your life...but I just wanna tell you that you can always stay here and live with me...besides, Krystal is here too and it is safer to be with us...who might know what will happen to you again after this? The boys who kidnapped Krystal...we don’t know what they’re planning for more...” Seohyun explained and reasoned out to her.

Amber looked away, sighing heavily under her breath but she hated to admit it that Seohyun was right. She can’t risk for Krystal to be in danger again. Two minutes after that, she turned her eyes back to Seohyun and nodded.

“Alright...I promise you that I’m going to be fine...but please...just take care of Krystal for me...I’ll be right back to see her again...” Seohyun’s face brightened in pleasure when she heard Amber’s decision.

“Really? So you’re going to come back here again?” she asked, smiling excitedly but it earned a smirk from Amber.

“Yeah...I will, for Krystal...just take a good care of her...once I’ve done with my work today, I’ll be right back...” Amber assured her again and Seohyun grinned while holding out her pinkish to her.

“Promise?” Amber watched her childish attitude in annoyance but she rolled her eyes and landed a light punch against Seohyun’s shoulder, causing the girl to push backward a bit. Seohyun widened her eyes playfully.

“I promise you, trouble...see ya...” after chuckling a bit, Amber shook her head and resumed leaving the house. Seohyun touched the place where Amber punched her but she curved up a very wide smile when she felt relief that Amber finally could open up a bit to her.

She looked to the front again and ran to the gate, waving her hands up to send Amber away as she watched her steps from behind. Seohyun shouted happily to her.

“Okay!!! Then I’ll wait for you here! Come home early!!!” Amber could only furrow and smiled a bit once she heard Seohyun was cheering to her. Seriously, she had never met such a strange, kindhearted-for-nothing girl like her.

“Seohyun ah!” she stopped waving once Amber disappeared from her sight and Seohyun turned around towards where the voice came. She grinned when she saw it was Luhan that was gesturing for her to come and see him at the kitchen’s window.

“What is it, oppa?” Seohyun skipped her way towards him until she stopped facing the window from outside.

“So how is it? Amber promises you to come back here again?” Luhan guessed to her while laughing a little but Seohyun replied him a firm nod and she wrinkled her nose.

“Yeah...and I’m so glad of it!”

“Great then...seeing that you’re very free now, why don’t you give me a hand?” Luhan didn’t wait for her agreement but he simply held out his hands that were carrying a bowl of soup now. Seohyun peered down on it but she chuckled and took it inside her hands.

“Sure I can help you, oppa...where do you want me to send this thing?” she asked him and Luhan pointed out a finger towards their neighbor’s house across from where there were standing now.

“There...give it to Mrs. Soh...thanks, Seohyun ah...”

“My pleasure!” she cutely saluted to him. They broke out laughing together but Seohyun spun her body around and started walking out from the front garden to pace straight to the main gate of their neighbor’s house.

Once she stopped in front it, Seohyun put on a very polite and sweet smile, ready to greet their neighbor but as her finger almost press on the bell, someone came out from the main door. Seohyun tilted her head over the gate to look at that person and her eyes instantly widened.

Kai glued a dangerously attractive smile for Seohyun once their eyes met. He kept his hands inside his pockets but he arranged his steps over to her and unlocked the gate for her. Once he stepped outside, Kai stretched out his hand towards Seohyun.

“Well, annyeong chingu ah...we meet again...” he greeted her, pretending to sound friendly but Seohyun didn’t say a word. Instead, she took a step back and scanned him up and down with great fear in her eyes.

“What are you doing here?” and Kai smirked wickedly in respond to her weak voice.

-Broken Arrow-

Krystal lifted up her eyelids in weak motion. Even when the action she made was supposed to be the easiest thing to do but it hurt her. She snapped close her eyes back when she felt her muscles were screaming all over her body. A weak groan escaped from and she felt someone touched her hand that rested on her abdomen.

“Miss, you’re awake?” a gentle voice came into her ears and Krystal forced herself to slowly open her eyes again. The first thing that came into her vision was the white ceiling up there.

She traveled her eyes all around the room before she dropped it down and landed straight on a figure of a boy, staring upon her worriedly. Krystal widened her eyes in shock and she sat upright.

“Ouch!” she howled out loud, feeling the pain spread wildly throughout her body for she suddenly forced her muscles to move like that. That boy jerked stood up from his chair and he came to support Krystal around her shoulders.

“Miss, relax! Don’t move around too fast...you’re still weak...” he told her, patting and Krystal gently on her back. Feeling the way he touched her, she knew that he wasn’t here to harm her so she slowly calmed.

Krystal turned her head around to him and their eyes met. The boy stopped patting her as well, avoiding her eyes sheepishly before he let her go when he was sure that Krystal could sit properly on her own now. Krystal narrowed her suspicious eyes on him.

“Who...who are you?” she started asking once she found her voice again. “...and where am I now?”

“Em...I...” the boy wanted to answer her but they were interrupted when suddenly came footsteps from the rest of the boys. Krystal flinched in fear again as she gripped on the blanket that covered her body more tightly when she realized that were six of them in total surrounding her now.

“So she woke up already, Lay ah?” one of them, the one with quite chubby face and very small eyes asked the boy who sat next to her bed.

“Yeah...but she still looks in trauma...” the boy named Lay nodded to him, glancing a bit towards five of his friends before he focused his eyes again on Krystal. Krystal shook her head.

“I...I don’t understand...who are you guys actually? What do you guys want from me? Where’s Amber?” it seemed that she only remembered her friend though these boys had been rescuing her last night.

Xiumin chuckled to her but he stepped forward, closer to the bed and he waved up a hand with friendly smile upon Krystal.

“Well, it’s clear to us that you need an explanation now...so let’s start with an introduction, shall we? Hi, I’m Xiumin and these boys are my buddies...” Xiumin led the rest to speak first as he introduced himself and swept his hands around to show Krystal the handsome faces of s.

“Here...meet Kris...he is our leader...kind of like a big hyung, I guess...and next here is Luhan, Chen and Tao, the youngest one...last and no others is our kindhearted buddy here, Lay...” Krystal’s innocent eyes followed his gesture around when Xiumin pointed to a very tall boy with cold eyes. He got his hair colored in golden before Xiumin pointed to another blondie guy next to him and a short, skinny boy but with a very cheerful smile on his face.

He seemed talkative and naughty to Krystal but she stayed silent as Xiumin continued showing her another tall boy with a pair of eyes with black circle beneath it – like a Panda. Krystal almost laughed at the idea popped out inside her head but she swallowed it and at last, her eyes stopped on the last boy who sat next to her bed, on the chair.

Lay, that was his name. Strange, but just by staring on him, it gave Krystal a very different and new feeling. It felt serene to look upon those gentle eyes and tender smile of him. Krystal tried to smile back at him. He surely got the sweetest smile she had ever seen because of a cute little dimple crafted at the small corner of his lips.   

At last, she broke the eye contact she had with Lay and looked down only on her lap. “Em...I...”

“You’re Krystal...we know you already because we saved you last night...Amber was there too...” Kris cut her short and it made her to turn looking at him with confusion drawn on her face.

“Saved? Amber?” she questioned him absentmindedly and Chen grinned to her.

“You still don’t recall anything, do you?” he tested her while arranging his steps away to stand next to the windowpane and peeked outside.

Krystal frowned to herself while massaging her forehead slowly. She tried to gather the pieces together but at last Luhan smiled and he walked over to her. He sat by the edge of the bed and patted Krystal with assurance on her arm.

“It doesn’t matter whether you remember it or not...it’s not a good memory after all to be treasured...just treat us as your friends and you’ll be fine...because Amber already trusted you to us...she said that you need to stay here for a while...it’s safer...” Luhan convinced her but Krystal stared closely to him with serious expression on her face. She tried her best to absorb everything that he just said but suddenly they heard Chen gasped by the window. All of them turned to look at him.

“Oh my, hyung! This is bad...come, look!” Chen jumped once on his feet and he aggressively waved his hand over the boys to call for them. Kris and the rest furrowed to him but they walked in unison towards the window.

“What? What’s happening?” Krystal wondered in weird of what they were looking at. She pushed away the blanket, trying to get out from the bed but Lay stopped her – giving a firm squeeze on her shoulder – before he walked away to join the rest by the window.

“What...how?” Xiumin narrowed his eyes in disbelief when the sight of Seohyun and Kai were facing each other by the gate of their neighbor’s house came into his eyes. Kris clenched his jaw, staring sharply upon them as his hands started balling fists on its own.

Luhan, Tao, Chen and Lay exchanged looks among them with the mixture of shock, worried and strangeness showered on their faces. They were frozen on their feet, kept on thinking without moving away from the window until at last it triggered Krystal to feel curious upon them.

She slowly pushed her body out from the bed and arranged her steps carefully to approach them. Once she stopped next to Lay, she ducked her head further to take a look outside the window.

As soon as her eyes caught sight of Kai, her brain automatically arranged back all the pieces of that night’s memories – the one when she was kidnapped from her orphanage house. Then she was dragged forcefully to the abandon warehouse before the boys were torturing her without showing even a slight sympathy in them.

Krystal gasped loudly, covering a palm on and she stepped backward when the puzzles were placed together again. She remembered him! She remembered Kai and all his cruel deed to her. Lay noticed she had started shivering in fear so he immediately supported Krystal by her hands before he wrapped an arm protectively around her waist.

He pulled her closer to him and whispered, “No, it’s okay...calm down, Krystal ah...nobody is going to hurt you...” he assured her, reading on her frightened expression but Kris stole a glance to them before gesturing the others to follow him out.

“Lay, bring Krystal away from the window and stay with her...guys, come along...we need to talk...” he announced and the others obeyed.

“Let’s go...” Lay helped Krystal to walk back to the bed and he sat her down there. Wrapping the blanket back around her trembling body, Lay stood up again and quickly closed the window – covering it with curtain.

He paced to Krystal and got on his knees in front of her as he peered up gently to her. He nodded his head. “I know...you’re scared of that guy...but trust me...I won’t let anybody hurt you...”      

“How come we didn’t realize that he is here?” Luhan asked alone, more to himself rather than to the others once they walked out from the room and stopped on top of the staircase. Chen looked at Kris.

“Should we call Seohyun to come back? It’s dangerous to let her talking alone with him...” he suggested but Kris stayed silent, still deep in thinking as his face tensed even more.

“But...what does he wants from her? I mean, he’s like following her around...it’s weird...” Tao added to their dilemma and Xiumin nodded in agreement to him.

“Yeah...and this guy is connected to the vampires...he knows something about the fallen angels as well...clearly he is not just a bad guy but someone that even more than ordinary...” Xiumin’s thought about the fallen angels clicked Kris regarding something else in his mind. He bit his lips, battling inside for the right decision to be made but Luhan patted him by his shoulder.

“Think fast, Kris...we need to hurry...Seohyun is still outside with him...” he urged him and Kris turned his body to face the four of s. He exhaled heavy sigh but he gave them a firm nod.

“Let him in...” Tao furrowed to him in response to his decision.

“What? Are you mad, hyung? He’s a threat to Seohyun and now we’ve got Krystal and Amber in this house! They both could be in danger as well...” the youngest reasoned out to him but Kris glued his cold eyes to Tao.

“I know...I’m not that slow...but we have to take the risk...Xiumin is right...this guy and his friends are somehow connected to the vampires and obviously, he knows something about the fallen angels...and remember, finding them is our mission...so the closer he gets to us, the easier for us to figure out the clue...so let him in...as for Seohyun, Krystal and Amber...we can’t do much about it but we will try out best to protect them...deal?” Kris eyed the archangels one by one on their worried faces. At last, Luhan looked up to him and smiled a bit.

“Deal...we’re not afraid of anybody...whoever comes for us, we are ready to face them...besides, facing your biggest fear is the only way to get out from the problem, right?” he assured them firmly, arching an eyebrow up towards them and Chen finally chuckled to him.

“Sure...let’s do this...”

“Yeah, me too...” Tao smiled as well before Xiumin nodded to them, giving Kris a firm nod. “I’m always by your side, Kris...”

“Good then...Tao, go out...ask Seohyun whether she’s okay or not and remember...you’re free to strangle that guy to his fatal if he ever dares hurting her again...” Kris ordered to him and Tao smirked. He stretched his arms, waist and neck before started climbing down the stairs.

“Roger...”

-Broken Arrow-

Meanwhile the M members busily discussing in the house, Seohyun and Kai was still staring upon each other with two different expressions. Seohyun was with her confusedly shock face while Kai was with his demonic teasing one.

“Well...don’t you think that we’re somehow fated to meet each other? I’m surprise to know that you’re living next door...I’m here to stay with my friend’s aunty...” Kai at last started the conversation but Seohyun exhaled in disbelief.

“Your friend’s aunty? You mean...Mrs. Soh knows you?”

“Yeah...she is Baekhyun’s ajumma...isn’t it?” exactly when he said so, the other five of the K members walked out from the house and Seohyun threw her eyes over his shoulders when the boys were all grinning evilly as they approached her.

Finally, the K members stood in line in front of her and Baekhyun was the first one to let out his palm towards Seohyun. Even though he smiled sweetly to her but Seohyun showed nothing in return – she stayed frowning on him.

“It’s true, everything that Kai just told you...this is my aunty’s house...but Mrs. Soh and her family isn’t here right now...they’re travelling out from the country...they won’t be back in any short time so she asked for my help to look over her house...in conclusion, we will stay here starting from today and boom! Let’s be close neighbors together!” Baekhyun broke out laughing madly, couldn’t stand the lie he just created in front of the angel.

Of course there was no such thing! Mrs. Soh and her whole family just killed by them this morning and they burned the Soh all at the backyard easily by Chanyeol’s power to control the fire. That explained why Luhan saw such thick, black smoke flying out from the back of their house just now – it was actually the burning of the corpses.

Seohyun shook her head. She still couldn’t believe of what they had said. She just watched Kai and the rest harmed Amber and Krystal yesterday and now, they suddenly appeared here only to become her new neighbors? They will stay next to each other? No! She was afraid of Amber and her safety. Plus, she can’t put Kris and his friends in trouble anymore. She looked up again to Kai but he smiled broadly again and took a step forward to her. Seohyun reversed away from him.

“I know what you might be thinking...what are these jackasses doing here out of a sudden huh? They just hurt my friends and now suddenly turn out to be all friendly, right? Well, that’s why I’m here...I want to apologize and live peacefully with you...so let’s get to know each other, shall we?” Kai raised up an eyebrow cunningly to her but he held out his palm once again to Seohyun.

She simply blinked on his hand but still refused to take it. She shook her head to them. “I’m not gonna believe you...I saw you guys in the club where Amber is working and you kidnapped her friend...you bullied her, hurt her and so...that’s very cruel and you’re doing it to a girl! That’s totally insane! I won’t let you hurt anybody anymore! You guys better leave this place!”

“That’s not going to happen...you heard Baekhyun just now...we’re going to stay here whether you like it or not...besides, are you sure you’re in the right side to judge me? Don’t ever forget it, miss...I saved your life once...in the club before those monsters destroys your life...” Kai bent down his face towards her and he whispered coldly, causing Seohyun to recall the incident when she was almost being by those evil men when Amber sold her to them.

She gulped down her fear and peered up again to Kai, distancing their faces. “Then what do you want from me now?”

“Well...nothing...I just wanna be your friend since we’re neighbors now...and I don’t even know your name which is quite pathetic...I’m Kai...so how about you?” Kai shrugged and stood straight again. He introduced his name and offered his palm towards Seohyun for the third times.

Being the softhearted angel as she was, Seohyun at last gave in and she forced her heart to believe in these guys. She slowly stretched out her hand to take Kai’s in hers but Chanyeol suddenly chuckled and snatched her hand away – causing Kai to narrow his eyes at him.

“Well, that’s my girl...we shouldn’t create so much fuss and just live happily together, right? I’m Chanyeol by the way and I’m always at your service, miss...” he said before bringing Seohyun’s hand up to his mouth and he kissed her gently there. Seohyun flinched in surprise but she quickly jerked her hand off from him. She cleared and avoided his flirting grin.

“Em...Seo...Seohyun...”

“Wow...what a cute name just like the person herself...I’m Suho by the way...” another boy introduced himself to her and Seohyun only smiled a little to him. She shifted her eyes to another boy next to Suho and he gave her a small, lazy nod.

“Sehun...and this is Kyungsoo...” the tall boy with his sleepy eyes introduced himself before he slung an arm casually around the shoulders of the boy stood next to him. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow sarcastically to Seohyun. He didn’t really like the idea of staying close to the angel. He hated it, in fact.

“Yeah...” Seohyun could only replied that word to them because she had never thought getting to know these guys were something nice after all so she shouldn’t easily deceives herself and said ‘glad to meet you’, right? Baekhyun clapped his hands once and walked closer to her.

“Yes! Finally it’s my turn! I’m Baekhyun, cutie pie and oh! You brought this for my aunty? Oh...that’s very nice of you...thanks a lot!!! I’ll take this inside with me, okay?” Baekhyun talked to her in a very fast mode that Seohyun ended up blinking to him. She watched speechlessly as Baekhyun took away the bowl from her hands and started waving to her before he entered the house again.

The rest of them followed after him as well, leaving Seohyun to be alone with Kai again. She turned to look at him and Kai smirked while shaking his head and scratched the back of his neck.

“Hmmm...pardon those stupidos...here, let’s rewind everything...adhdjsdsddbsgdsjiaiujhsdhgkf...em, ehem...hi, I’m Kai...how about you?” Seohyun stared on him with such a ridiculous face when Kai acted like that but he still didn’t give up and shoved his hand to her. At last, she sighed loudly and took his hand.

“Yeah, whatever...I’m Seohyun, you knew it already...” she answered him lazily but Kai naughtily squeezed her hand and he strongly pulled her towards him, crushing Seohyun’s body to his chest.

“Ouch!” she yelped and glared sideway to him but Kai grinned even broader. He showed no sign to let her hand go.

“Since we’re friends now, Seohyun sshi...how about a cup of coffee with me?” she frowned even more when he suddenly invited her but someone cleared his throat from behind of them. Kai and Seohyun looked around.

“Going somewhere?” Tao kept his hands inside his pockets, pacing calmly towards the two as he smiled a little on Seohyun but immediately changed his face to cold one when he gazed up to Kai. Kai smirked on him and dropped Seohyun’s hand.

“Em...no...we...we are just greeting each other...meet Kai, Tao ah...he will be our new neighbor from now on...and Kai, this is Tao...my dongsaeng...” Seohyun introduced them to each other. Tao faked his smile for him and held out a hand for a ‘friendly’ shake but Kai snorted in return and didn’t bother to take his hand.

“Yeah...nice meeting you...what a great combination of siblings, don’t you think? The great Panda eyes with plastical Barbie doll...” he teased shamelessly, laughing with his shoulders shook along but Tao hissed, letting down his hand back to the side of his body before he gripped Seohyun by her arm and started dragging her away.

“Come on, noona...let’s go back...” he managed to shoot a glare towards Kai who stopped laughing at once, watching them with wide eyes but Seohyun suddenly figured out that she needed to warn Kai about a very important matter so she decided, it was good to have a talk.

“Wait up, Tao...” she tugged him on his chest and they stopped walking. She smiled apologetically up to him before looking back at Kai, now raising his eyebrow to her.

“Let’s go...I have something to say to you anyway...” she agreed with her most insincere voice but Kai grinned in victory, beaming playfully towards Tao.

“Alright then...I guess I’ll borrow your noona for a while?”

“But...but, noona!” Tao hesitantly stopped. Seohyun gazed back to him and he made a face, trying to signal to her that it was dangerous to go out with him alone but Seohyun took a deep breath. She knew that she can handle herself well so she patted Tao on his shoulder and smiled assuringly to him.

“It’s okay, I’ll be fine...after 30 minutes, if I still doesn’t come back...come and look out for me...we will be just at the coffee shop down the street...” Seohyun gave him a reminder to ease his heart but Kai rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in front of his body.

“Please, Seohyun sshi...you’ve make it sounds like I’m the biggest criminal ever exist...” Kai pouted to them but Tao threw him a wicked smirk. “Well, technically you’re...”

Kai clicked his tongue, irritated by Tao and he was about to take a step closer towards him but Seohyun hastily blocked between them and she grabbed Kai by his arm, pulling him away from Tao. He watched them taking their steps with such bloodshot eyes.

“Just go! I’ll see you later, Tao ah...”

To be continued...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hahaha...boring chapter! Well, leave your comment if you love me and just keep your eyes out because right in the next chapter, these new characters will make their appearance~~~~ *smiles evilly*

From the top, left side: Go Ara, Luna, Sulli and Victoria. All girls from SM as well.