(7) Talking about the archangel, Kris

Broken Arrow

"To love for the sake of being loved is human, but to love for the sake of loving is Angelic..."

~Alphonse de Lamartine

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

By the time Kris and Seohyun stepped into the blooming garden and made their way through the front door, it left only a few hours before dawn. They didn’t know neither to realize how the whole night had been restless for both of them. Kris and Seohyun could only think of comfortable bath and warm shower before hitting deep to their slumber.

But it seemed to them that the long day has not yet come to end when they both reached the living room only to see Luhan was frowning on the wall clock up there, counting the time silently in his heart. He flinched upon hearing their footsteps and looked around.

“Jesus! There you are...” he jumped to his feet, walking straight towards Kris and Seohyun exactly when the two stopped before him.

“We all dead worried about you, Kris...we thought you might lost over the boys and Tao urged me to go back for you but I guess we might cause you more trouble if we ever...” Luhan reported everything to them in fast mode, Seohyun herself could barely catch up with him but his words stopped the second his eyes dropped and noticed that Kris was still linking his hand tight to Seohyun’s.

The two realized what he had been frowning on and Seohyun quickly pranged her fingers off from Kris. She hid her hand behind her waist and tucked her long hair to the back of her ear shyly; avoiding Luhan’s curious stare on them. Kris cleared his throat.

“Go on then...” he asked him to continue and Luhan gave him a daze blink.

“Where am I just now? Oh yeah...em, I mean...I don’t want our brothers to go back there because we might cause you another trouble...but...I guess everything is alright now?” he ended his explanation with a question that sounded so anxious and sarcastic to Seohyun.

She stole an innocence glance to Luhan while the round eyes boy simply grinned and shifted his eyes up to Kris. His leader nodded and titled his head around, checking the quiet atmosphere in the house.

“Yeah, everything was settled...Seohyun and I are fine now...but where’s the others?” he chose to change the topic before Luhan started asking more but the mysterious wild stare that Luhan still had on his face signaled to him that he wasn’t going to stop there.

Kris breathed heavily to himself, he needs to think of a good reason now for coming home while holding the hand of the only and infamous girl in their house – Seohyun. He started furrowing on Luhan.

“Where are the rest, Luhan ah?” he pressed again on him and Seohyun saw Luhan was hiding his naughty smile that almost break on his lips. Luhan swallowed the tease that he was about to spill it out, thinking that it wasn’t time for that so he assumed he just has to wait then – until Kris and him were alone.

“Yeah, yeah...they all are fine too...come here...” at last he cornered around the living room and led Seohyun with Kris to enter the nearest room that situation here on the first floor.

“Sorry, Seohyun ah...we have to tie her up to stop her from running away...I mean, she’s very...defensive of herself and quiet strong...for a girl...” Seohyun peered through Kris’s shoulders from behind him and she landed her eyes on Amber exactly when Luhan paused in front of her.

Seohyun’s eyes softened. She felt awful and poor upon her human girl but there was no one to be blamed on this for she knew that Luhan and the rest only did this to keep her save. Seohyun nodded her head towards Luhan and smiled assuringly.

She walked pass Kris where she scanned her eyes around the small room and saw Chen, Tao and Xiumin were also resting on a brown couch in there – only Lay was nowhere to be seen. They all flashed a wide grin to her, clearly feeling relief to see Seohyun was saved and sound but the girl darted her eyes back on Amber.

She had her eyes closed, probably was sleeping while her weak body leaned against the wall down on the floor and both of her hands were locked by a long, thick rope that linked to the nearest chair beside her. Her sight looked so torturing to Seohyun but she can’t waste the effort Luhan and s had done to tame her down. So she gulped slowly and knelt down so close in front of Amber. Seohyun touched her gently on one of her shoulders before Amber opened her eyes weakly.

“You...” she whispered through her tired and raspy voice but her eyes seemed to not give up on giving Seohyun a grudging stare through it. Seohyun cracked a sincere, soft smile for her before glancing back to the boys.

“Em...can I talk to her for a minute? Personally?” she requested politely to them. Kris who stood the closest to her gave Seohyun a knowing pat on her hair before he signaled with his chin for the rest of his brothers to follow him out from the room.

Chen, Tao and Xiumin rose from the couch, yawning almost simultaneously while Luhan approached them and wrapped his arms around Chen’s and Tao’s neck.

“Pity both of you...go on then...you guys can sleep now...” Seohyun heard him told the two youngest among them but she caught sound of Tao pouting.

“It’s too late for that, hyung...I’m already being a Panda even before the black circle under my eyes are worsening...” Seohyun shook her head with a smile when that comment followed by Xiumin and Chen’s light laughter but she turned her head back to Amber.

She was still glaring to her but when Seohyun met her gaze, Amber looked away and snorted.

“In case you wanna talk something nonsense or give me your religious discourse, then thank you so much for that...I’m officially deaf now!” she rolled her eyes, refused to listen to her. Seohyun carelessly smiled but she crawled her way nearing her and pasted her body next to Amber on the wall.

She sat hugging her legs close to her chest while throwing her sight ahead of them on the collection of frames decorated there. Then Seohyun sighed loudly, pretending to be tired.

“I’m so sorry for everything that happened to you and Krystal...” she started and peeked sideway to Amber but the girl raised an eyebrow without looking at her.

“I don’t need your sympathy...”

“I thought you’re deaf now...” Seohyun and it earned a sharp glare from Amber.

“Did I sound like I’m joking?” she asked sarcastically, her voice thick with annoyance to Seohyun but the angel shook her head playfully.

“No...but we don’t need to make a stress out of this...we should just relax...everything is fine now...” Seohyun told her but it strangely made Amber to laugh in indifferent amusement.

“To you...but not according to me...you see what am I now...a voodoo doll tied up with a rope? Nice catch...” Amber replied her, shaking her head while trying to move her hands but she failed even for an inch. Seohyun looked down to the rope, guessed Luhan tied her up too tight.

She sighed and peered up again to Amber. “I’m gonna let you go, Amber ah...but you need to promise me something...”

“I’m not making any deal with you, doll face...I won’t trust anybody right now...not even after you and your jackass buddies saved me and Krystal!” she started rising her voice again and Seohyun shifted her eyes through the door when Xiumin peeked inside.

“Is everything alright?” he asked and Amber cursed to him.

“Do I have to spell ‘BUSYBODY’ for you?” she questioned him, feeling irritated when Xiumin suddenly poked into their conversation and Xiumin chuckled in return.

“No, thank you...I know how to spell ‘’...” he mocked naughtily, jerking an eyebrow to Amber while Seohyun widened her eyes – she hadn’t yet getting used to all the rude terms so she cleared and frowned towards him.

“We’re good, Xiumin oppa...thanks...” she cut him off and Xiumin simply shrugged before disappearing again. Seohyun heard Amber groaned lightly under her breath but she looked on her with tender gaze, still pitying her.

“I’m serious, Amber ah...I’m not asking you to thank me or my friends for saving you just now...it is the right thing to do...to save you and Krystal from those dangerous boys but please...I beg to you just one thing...please let me help you, okay?” she was pleading for that favor one more time from Amber and she had started feeling tired of it.

Amber shook her head, serious line of frowns folded on her forehead as she turned looking at Seohyun back, at last. It was her turn to sigh now.

“I don’t know who you’re or what you want from me...but it seems that since I met you...you keep on coming for me and there’s nothing good happen around me! Now it involved Krystal? How can I let you into my life simply like that if it dangers the only person that I loved? I can’t and I won’t! Please...just get lost!” Amber spilled out everything that she had been holding on from the first time she met Seohyun.

Her guardian angel bit her lips, feeling slightly pained when her own human girl was chasing her away after all that she had done her best to protect her. Seohyun closed her eyes for a second, gathering her patience but then she whispered to her.

“I’ll leave...sooner or later, I promise you I’ll vanish from your life...I’m sure you will hardly notice it too but for now, just let me help you...I can see how much Krystal is matter to you and don’t worry about that...because she’s safe here with us...you have my words...” Seohyun explained patiently to her and Amber continued to stare sternly on her but she was no longer frowning, just keeping her gaze intense.

“Why are you willing to do all of this? Why do you want to save me and moreover, help me? Who are you actually?” Amber poured her with those questions that were hard enough to be answered and not to mention to understand it for a human like her.

Seohyun curved up a friendly, breathtaking smile for her but she reached out and brushed Amber’s caramel brown hair out of her eyes gently, like a mother cared for her daughter. Amber stunned and turned stiff upon feeling her healing touch but she went on staring to her lovely face.

“I can’t tell you exactly who I am but...you may take me just as a friend...or a stranger that suddenly came to your rescue...” Seohyun answered her jokingly and Amber rolled her eyes, chuckling for something that she didn’t find it funny.

She was about to talk again but her empty stomach sang out loud so suddenly. Seohyun quickly dropped her eyes on it while Amber closed her eyes tight and mentally cursed her stomach for grumbling like that. Seohyun understood the meaning out of it and she giggled, laughing from behind her palm.

“Shut up! I’m just hungry, okay???” Amber shortly scolded her while Seohyun gave her an understanding nod.

“I know...it sounded clear to me...so do you want to eat? I’ll prepare something for you...” she had pushed her body to stand up but Amber glared towards her.

“What kind of question was that? I’m not some kind of superhuman...of course I need to eat when I’m hungry...” Amber reasoned out to her and her words made Seohyun to pause on her track. She gulped down silently. Talking about superhuman, Seohyun felt kind of guilty to Amber for have to keep the secret of her as her guardian angel. Well, a superhuman – she was one of a kind.

Seohyun smiled to herself and turned back to Amber. “I’ll be right back...”

“How on Earth can I eat if I’m tied like this? Do you plan to feed me like a baby as well???” Amber shot her another amusing question and Seohyun beamed cutely.

“What? You wish for it?” she offered but Amber made a gesture like she wanted to puke.

“Gross...I’ll rather die than to eat...” she replied her and Seohyun broke out laughing shortly. She nodded her head but stopped next to the door.

“Don’t worry...I’ll release you...but you still need to promise me that you won’t land your unnecessary punch on anyone here and of course, don’t try to run away anywhere...Krystal is still with us...” Seohyun warned Amber, her voice back with that serious intonation and Amber groaned out loud.

She hated the fact that she needed to stay longer here with this weird, overprotective girl and her seven, oh – six dwarfs but thinking that Krystal was better saved here so at last she nodded her head.

“Yeah, yeah...got it! I just need to stay still, right? So quick, I’m dead starving here!” Amber told her but her voice was so loud until it reached exactly the front corridor of the room where Seohyun walked out and met with Chen and Tao who both still stood guarding out there.

Seohyun grinned for them but she put her hands on her waist and said a little too clear.

“Guys! Amber is hungry...do we still have anything in the kitchen?” she pouted playfully towards Chen and Tao but Amber was growling again.

“See??? I deserve nothing but the leftover from you! Thanks!” she complained from inside and it caused Seohyun to laugh along with Tao. Chen snorted and made an annoyed face.

“Got it, trouble! I’ll make something fresh and hot for you! So which one? Do you prefer orange juice or chocolate latte???” Chen joked loudly as he started walking entering the nearby wet kitchen.

Amber pretended to chuckle in the room. “Geez...juice??? I don’t drink that...give me beer...”

She demanded shamelessly from those angels but Chen who just stopped in the kitchen widened his eyes and Xiumin who was also standing there by the refrigerator laughed upon seeing his shock expression. As an angel that just arrived on Earth like Chen, he never expect for a girl to drink beer. Xiumin shook but he tilted his head out towards the room so that his voice reaches there.

“No beer is allowed here for a girl! I hope ice coffee will do for you! You need to consume some energy after all...” Xiumin commented before chuckling playfully and Seohyun finally got out from the room, walking towards the living room with wide smile on her face. She was happy to see her friends and Amber was teasing each other, though they were only playing with sarcasm.

By the time she caught sight of Luhan sitting on the couch there, she heard Amber shot another comment loudly again.

“Beer is not allowed??? How old-fashion is this house??? Puhh...just send me to church then!”

“Happy too...but unfortunately, you’re not that holy...” Tao replied after her, using their heavenly terms and Seohyun laughed with Luhan as she landed herself next to him.

Luhan shook his head to her while stealing a glance towards the kitchen. Then he looked again to Seohyun.

“You’ve got yourself one loud, lousy and stubborn target human, don’t you?” he and Seohyun simply smiled in surrender.

“What else can I say...my Father tasked me to...” she answered before sighing under her breath. Luhan chuckled, giving Seohyun a supportive squeeze on her hand before his eyes focused back on the TV ahead of them. Seohyun watched it for a second too but then she finally remembered something. Her eyes started sweeping around.

“Oh yes, Luhan oppa...where’s Lay by the way?” she just noticed his absence there and Luhan leaned forward to grab up the remote control.

“He’s upstairs...he keeps watching on Krystal since we brought her back just now...guess he had finished attending to her bruises...” Luhan told her and Seohyun gasped in panic.

“Oh my! I almost forgot about that...is she okay now?” she asked and started standing up to climb to the second floor but Luhan grinned to her.

“She’s fine, Seo ah...I’m sure of it...just with small cuts and bruises and of course, running out of energy but rest assured, she’s okay and probably is sleeping now...” he explained further to her but being caring as she was, Seohyun can’t help but to rush up through the spiral stairs. Half of her way, she stopped and looked down to Luhan again.

“Luhan oppa, you too! You should stop watching TV and get your sleep...you’ve been awake the whole night...go and ask the boys to take their rest as well!” Seohyun added like a mother’s command for them but Luhan rolled his eyes, intended to ignore her concern.

“Speak for yourself...and instead of asking me to sleep, why don’t you tell Kris the same huh? It must be tiring to run away the whole night until Kris had to hold your hand so that you won’t get lost???” he sarcastically while peering up with such a sweet smile to her.

Seohyun widened her eyes, her cheeks flushed with pinkish hue before she squealed to him. “That’s totally out of topic!”

She heard Luhan’s booming laughter faded downstairs as she climbed further but Seohyun can’t hide her giggles when she thought of the scene when Kris was holding her hand in the middle of the quiet wood. That kind of affection somehow left her heart to feel warm and flutter inside. Then she stopped and frowned alone.

“Aish!!! What are you thinking right now, Seohyun ah???” she punched her head with her small fist a few times before...

“What are you thinking then?” Seohyun glanced around and jumped a bit when she noticed Kris had already standing tall behind her. Seohyun clutched her chest.

“Haish!!! Aigoo, Kris!!! Don’t do this to me!!!” she smacked him lightly on the side of his arm before pouting but Kris simply rolled his eyes.

“Go on then...you wanna check on the girl, right?” Kris continued while Seohyun nodded with wide eyes.

“Yes! Where is she? Is Krystal okay?” she quickly switched back her concern attention on the poor human girl before thinking much about Kris and her. Kris gestured his hand towards the door that led to a room just across from the staircase and Seohyun walked entering it without waiting for him to talk again.

Kris followed slowly behind her, keeping his hands inside his pockets before he stood watching Seohyun from the door. She finally reached next to the bed where Krystal’s slender body was lying on it. Seohyun stared pitifully on her before she shifted her eyes towards Lay who was sitting next to Krystal while having his body leaned against the headboard of the bed.

He was in the middle of wiping Krystal’s forehead with a small white towel. As Seohyun watched him, he looked so caring and gentle towards the girl which made Seohyun to feel happy, calm and less guilty towards Amber for there was someone like him to care for her precious friend like this.

Seohyun slowly got to her knees and sat with her elbows stood on the bed next to Krystal. She touched her hands and held them tight, showing the same love and care like Lay did to her. Lay finally put away the towel and landed his eyes on Seohyun, reading her face.

“Are you okay?” he asked her first, sounded concern as the cliché of him for being the God’s healer. Kris who watched them from behind simply snorted slowly but Seohyun answered him.

“Never better...” they exchanged relief smile with each other before Seohyun turned gazing on Krystal again.

“How about her? Is she okay since you brought her back just now?” Lay sighed heavily, like he was still worried.

“Hopefully she’ll be fine after she wakes up...she was kind of trauma when we arrived here...luckily Amber is here too so we had to leave them alone while Amber was talking over something with her...it seems to me that she only trusted Amber alone...” he paused for a second, rolling his eyes like he couldn’t believe the idea of someone relying on a gangster like Amber.

“...after she calmed down...I ordered Amber to clean her up and gave your pajamas for her to change in...I hope you don’t mind she wears your stuff...” Seohyun shook her head.

“No, of course not...she’s free to use any of my belongings...she’ll be staying here longer after all...” Lay smiled warmly to her and nodded again.

“Good to know that...then, I shoved Amber away for she kept on yelling and cursing bad words in here so yeah...that made her to be tied up by the rest and I helped this girl with her wounds and bruises...that’s it...she fell fast asleep...” Lay ended the whole story that she missed.

Seohyun curved another sincere smile to him, feeling glad that there was such a considerate and gentle person like him among them to look after this weak girl. Seohyun traveled her eyes back again on Kyrstal’s sleeping face. She remembered bumping into this girl on her first day at college. She didn’t have any idea that Krystal would be Amber’s best friend.

“What’s her name again?” Lay suddenly asked her and Seohyun grinned a bit.

“Krystal...she’s beautiful like one, isn’t she?”

“Krystal...” Lay rephrased her name and caressed Krystal softly on her cheek. “Yeah...she’s one of the most beautiful human I’ve ever met...”

Seohyun immediately frowned to him while Kris stood straighter on his feet. He just said ‘most beautiful human’! What was that supposed to mean??? Seohyun had never has any idea that the boys were angels as well!

“One of the most beautiful ‘human’??? What??? You’ve never seen the others???” Lay gulped down his throat in slight shock when Seohyun pointed it out. She caught that huh??? Lay shifted his uncomfortable glimpse towards Kris before chuckling slowly.

“No...I mean...em, one of them...” he corrected the statement earlier before scratching his hair out of the awkwardness.

“So...let’s see...are you get injured anywhere?” he instantly changed the topic, didn’t want Seohyun to feel curious to him and he reached out to raise Seohyun by her right arm. Seohyun pouted.

“No, I’m good...” she answered confidently but Lay narrowed his eyes on her and twisted her arm to reveal a line of thin cut leaving bleeding scar on her skin down there. He could feel it and spotted each bruise on anyone’s body simply using his sense as a healer.

Seohyun shifted her eyes down to her own arm and gasped slowly when she just realized her arm was hurt there. She barely felt the sting pain until Lay mentioned it out. She brushed her fingertips across it and whined in pain.

“Ouch...I didn’t even know when I got this...” she commented on her own lack of self-awareness while Lay rolled his eyes. Without asking for her permission to attend on her wound, he spun his body around and picked up a small complete box of first aid kit from top of the bedside table before shuffling closer to Seohyun. Seohyun blinked questioningly to him.

“Come...let’s put on some medicine on it...you need to be healed...” he told her while Kris was still watching, arms folded across his chest but suddenly the three of them heard hurry footsteps from downstairs.

“Lay hyung! Quick, Chen needs you right now! He just cut his finger!” Tao was the one appeared by the door with his panic expression but Lay frowned in return to him. He dropped Seohyun’s hand back on her lap.

“What? Why did he cut himself so suddenly???” Lay questioned him but Tao clicked his tongue and stormed inside to impatiently grab Lay up by both of his arms. Seohyun and Kris just being speechless and watching the two.

“Aish!!! Don’t ask too much! He’s just helping Xiumin cutting the tomatoes!” Tao reported to him but Lay threw him such a confused and weird look when Tao pushed him out of the room.

“What...why??? Aigoo...why did he need to cut the tomatoes exactly at 4 o’clock in the morning??? Aish! Is he out of his mind???” Lay went on blabbering as Seohyun and Kris listened to his noisy steps with Tao until it faded away downstairs. It must be Chen and Xiumin were cooking something for Amber to eat.

He totally forgot about healing Seohyun’s arm and so Kris took over his place. He walked over to sit in front of Seohyun as he shrugged.

“Pardon my brothers...they are always chaotic like that...” he commented on behalf of the clumsy behaviors of s but Seohyun shook her head while giggling.

“No...they’re cheerful...that’s great...” she tried to be positive but Kris snorted.

“...or crazily mindless, you mean...come, show me your arm...” he demanded and stretched out to see Seohyun’s arm but she shook it high in front of his face so that Kris can see that it wasn’t hurting her.

“I’m fine...it’s not that big...” she refused but Kris slightly hissed and insisted to help her cleaning the little bruise.

“Don’t let your bruise turning into a scar, Seohyun ah...one day, you’ll feel hurt looking at it...” he told her, sounded like an advice rather warning so she gave in and let Kris attended to it.

She watched his every movement in silent as Kris tipped a few drops of water on the cotton before cleaning off the dried blood around her cut. She whined a bit and felt Kris slowed down his movement while wiping it. Then he applied some yellowish liquid upon the bruise before carefully and skillfully wrapped up the cut with a little piece of bandage. At last, he smiled and looked up to her – his face brightened in relief.

“That’s it...finished...” he announced and Seohyun gripped gently the place where Kris bandaged her just now. Smiling upon it, she thanked him.

“Thank you...but why did everyone is looking for Lay when there’s somebody hurt?” she noticed that strange role among the boys like Lay was some kind of personal doctor or nurse. Kris pursed his lips, trying to give her a safe answer but he ended up chuckling.

“No certain reason...he just happens to be a former Red Cross member...” he informed her the first idea to lie about their true identity that crossed his mind and Seohyun immediately laughed to him.

“What? Are you serious?” she didn’t seem to believe him but Kris shrugged again.

“Yes, I am...he is the most particular when handling the first aid kit and all...” he added and Seohyun chose to drop the matter. Silence wrapped then again until Seohyun turned to stare on Kris who had his eyes on his palms while leaning against the bed. She smiled on his gorgeous side face.

“Kris...”

“Hmmm?” he looked up and met her eyes. Seohyun was kind of lost for her words now.

“Um...thank you...thank you so much for suddenly being there and saved Amber, Krystal and me...” she brought up the topic earlier. Kris read her face for a minute before he shook his head with a smile breaking across his lips.

“Don’t mind, Seohyun ah...you’re living with us right now...that makes you a responsible to all of us...” he explained but Seohyun formed a line of confused frowns on her forehead.

“But...I’m feeling weird...how do you guys knew that I’m there?” Kris fell silent once she shot him that question. Of course he had never expect to see her there because he only came to seek and investigate about the fallen angels but now it was clear to him that Seohyun and him was somehow connected in a complicated and unexplainable bond that still invisible to them.

“We...Luhan was worried when you didn’t come home even after it was late already...so, we decided to go looking for you...we searched everywhere around the town and there you were...just be grateful that we were in time...” Kris expertly arranged his words to twist the truth. Though it was uncertain and unbelievable for Seohyun to trust his words but considering what Kris and the rest had gone through to save her, Seohyun simply smiled thankfully to him.

“Of course, I am being grateful to you...thank you...” she said that again and Kris laughed shortly to her, ruffling her hair to become a mess. Seohyun dodged away from his hand but he was fast enough and has a long hand that made him easily grabbed her long wavy hair and messed it even more.

“Hey, stop it!” she complained but they giggled and laughed together.

“You know, considering that you had already helped me a lot...it’s not fair for me to keep a secret of who I am to the rest of your friends...so feel free to tell Chen, Tao and Lay about me...because Luhan oppa and Xiumin oppa already knew it...they’re tasked to be my caretaker here in Earth...but you’re their friend so you deserve to know the truth...” she at last gave up hiding the fact that she was an angel from Kris and the boys.

She just showed everything about her true appearance in front of Kris so she decided it was useless to hold it back from the rest of them. They were part of her too now that they were willing to be shoved in trouble and saved her with the humans. Kris stared on her pretty, worried face. He could see that Seohyun was doubting his reaction to be something good or bad but at last, he grinned.

“Actually, we’ve long know who you are...it’s hard to miss it, don’t you think?” he confessed to her and it made Seohyun to widen her eyes in surprise.

“What...what? You...you mean you’ve know who I am right from the start?” she asked shockedly to him and Kris snorted to her.

“Yes, sunshine! Do you think Luhan will hide it away from us??? Think fast, silly! How can he hide it away when we’re going to share this house and live quiet long with you??? Plus, you’re always sparkling...normal girl don’t sparks, you know...” he shrugged while pouting to her but Seohyun bit her lips in dissatisfaction.

She scrambled to her feet and hurriedly ran to stand facing a long mirror hung in the room. She eyed her whole body up and down before narrowing her eyes to Kris through the mirror.

“Which part of me that is sparkling??? I’m normal, I think!” she complained in worried to him. Kris rolled his eyes and sighed under his breath. How slow poke and innocent this angel can be???

He didn’t answer her but standing up as well, ready to leave and get his sleep. As he made his way through the door, he told her while Seohyun was still curiously examining her whole body in the mirror, feeling worried that she will expose herself too much in front of the other humans. Kris glanced around to her over his shoulder and grinned.

“Sparkling means you’re beautiful...so don’t spark too much if you don’t want to be noticed...” Seohyun threw him a sulking glare from the corner of her eyes but Kris can’t help but to grin even wider upon her cuteness.

“Night, sunshine...” he waved a hand up to her and Seohyun slowly cracked a blissful smile as well.

“Night, Kris...” she whispered back to him, watching his tall figure disappeared behind the door but then her eyes slightly widened when he poked his head back inside. He narrowed his eyes on her.

“Oppa...”

“Huh?”

“Kris oppa...you called Luhan and Xiumin like that so why am I so different from them? I’m the same age as them too...so address me properly will you?” he demanded so childishly to her until it made Seohyun to laugh while feeling ridiculous about it. She agreed so easily with him.

“Oppa it is then...Kris...oppa...” she practiced uttering it out from and Kris liked the way how it sounded with her soft voice. Suddenly she grinned broadly and clapped her hands once.

“What?”

“Kris...your name reminds me of a name that also belongs to an archangel...” it was Kris’s return to turn his eyes larger when Seohyun mentioned it in sudden. An archangel??? Wasn’t that him??? He swallowed hard and trying to ask her on whatever that she knew about him.

“What??? An archangel...???” he tried to make himself sounded curious about it and he eventually nailed it. Seohyun nodded and smiled even more.

“An archangel means the God’s warrior...I’m just a low rank angel in Heaven, up there...” she pointed a finger up over roof to indicate about the sky. Kris nodded to her but leaning next to the door for his interest on her story.

“...so, I’ve never seen the rest of the archangels aside from my oldest sister...” she told him about Taeyeon.

“...but I’ve heard about them...a group of archangels...they called themselves as the Covenant where they are the closest and most powerful servants of the God...they are His warriors where each of them have their own power and ability...I know that one of them also named Kris...but I’ve never seen him...I just frequently heard from the nymphs that he’s somebody that...darkly gorgeous...” Seohyun smiled upon ending her story about Kris. She heard a lot about him but she had no idea that the person she just talked about was actually standing exactly in front of her.

Kris thought alone about himself while looking away from Seohyun. He can’t risk for her to see his prideful smile for feeling proud when he knew that he was quiet famous even in the Heaven. Finally, he cleared his throat and smiled back to her.

“Wow...what an interesting story about your home up there...but try to remember...that I’m just a human...” he winked to her and said goodbye.

She waved back to him before pacing over to the window. Seohyun gazed upon the vast skies that was now slowly turning bright in color for another new day was about to born. She smiled alone, here comes another day of her journey on Earth.

She wasn’t going to give up as a guardian angel for she knew that...she has Kris and the rest of his friends by her side now. Yes, her Kris oppa – her own version of warrior.

-Broken Arrow-

“We know where the girl is living now...” Kai peered up to Donghae through his cold murderous eyes.

“Where?” Suho pressed his husky voice to him but Leetuk snorted and stepped forward to the rest of the K members.

“Why didn’t you tell us that she’s an angel?” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow to Leetuk’s way.

“And why should we report that you?” he asked the leader of the vampires daringly but Eunhyuk chuckled mysteriously to the demons.

“Well, of course it’s important for us...you guys just makes thing easier for us now...” Eunhyuk told Kyungsoo back and Heechul agreed with him, resting an arm on his shoulder.

“That’s damn right...we’ve been looking for angel for a very long time...a female angel, precisely...”

Kai replied them a nod without hesitation.

“You tell us where she’s living and I’ll give her to all of you...”

The K members exchanged unexplainable looks among them. Now, Seohyun was the target of the whole bloodsuckers’ clan.

To be continued...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah!!! This story has officially reached 100 subscribers and above!!! Yahooo!!! Thanks a thousand for all the supports, my dearest and precious readers!!! Thank you so much!!! I loved you guys!! So let's aim for 200 and + subbies, shall we??? Hahaha! If you guys really wanna help me, then simply hit the 'subscribe' button on foreword beauties!!!

Oh my, I'm so happy now so please leave your comment (at least a little) for this recent chapter okay??? Okay??? Promise me??? Love you!!!

And oh, one more IMPORTANT THING...since I'm so happy that this story reached 100 subbies already...so yeah...I'm offering any of you to request for a special ONESHOT featuring ANY OF THE SEOEXO COUPLES...

Huhu...you guys can request if you trust my writing skill... >,< here are the little and very simple rules!

1) Only the first three lucky commenters will be choosen. (so do comment and request quickly! Palli! Palli!)

2) Choose pairing only among SEOEXO pairings and plus, EXOSHIDAE pairings if you wanna put in any third person in the oneshot.

3) Comment below with this little form:

*Story title: (you may choose yours and I'll use it or you may leave it to me to decide)

*Pairing: (only SeoExo, okay baby? Plus, Exoshidae if you want any male/female third party)

*Genre: (happy, fluff, sad, angst, fantasy, horror, mystery...etc...cause I write anything...haha! Just no confusing theme, okay? Like sad and happy??? What's that??? -_-)

*Quotes/Scenario/short storyline: (you may choose the background ideas of the oneshot but not too long or too much...besides, you may also describe your characters if you want!)

That's all, honey!!! Request your heart out and remember...ONE THE FIRST 3 COMMENTERS WILL BE CHOOSEN! Thanks~~~~~