(6) Escaping from the devil

Broken Arrow

"Each of us are angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another..."

~Luciano de Crescenzo

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Huang Zitao and Kim Jongdae...”

“Em...just call me Chen, madam...it will sound easier and less mouthful...” a middle aged lady peered up through her thick glasses towards the two awkward boys standing in front of her desk.

Tao glanced sideway to Chen while he flashed a wide grin for the lecturer. Her forehead folded into line of frown before she cleared and closed the file that kept both Tao and Chen’s student profile inside it.

“Alright then...Chen and...” she started but shifted her eyes to Tao and he stood straighter on his feet.

“Ta...Tao, madam...” he answered her hesitantly and the lady gave him a quick nod.

“Well...Chen and Tao...welcome to this college...I wish both of you may have your bright future starting from here...just focus mainly on your study, do not make any discipline record and I highly guarantee that you will success with flying colors...” the lecturer advised them with her strict tone as the boys exchanged questioning glimpse between them.

At last, Chen smiled and nodded his head. “We will, madam...thank you for reminding us...”

With such a simple gratitude words, he bowed his head politely to her and Tao followed his action. They quickly spun their bodies around and arranged their robotic steps out from her office. Once the door was closed, Tao let out a long relief sigh while Chen slowly massaged his forehead.

“Huhhhh...seriously! It’s hard to act like a normal college boy!” Tao complained as Chen bit his lower lip.

“Yeah...and I don’t know why Kris hyung ordered us to do so! I mean, it’s not that attending this college got to do with our mission to find the fallen angels! Nobody is angel here!” Chen added to his complaint but Tao quickly elbowed him on his waist, causing Chen to jump in slight pain.

“Ouch! Yah! What was that for?” he exclaimed to him but Tao leaned forward to whisper mysteriously into Chen’s ear.

“Yah...watch your words while you’re talking...actually there is an angel in this college...” Tao corrected him and it earned a frown from Chen’s confused face. “Huh??? Which one???”

“Turn around if you wanna know...” Tao stood straight, folding his arms across his chest while he pointed his chin forward to the end of the corridor. Chen rubbed his hair, completely confused by his words but he did as he said. Then only he caught sight of Seohyun who was walking towards them in her pure white knee-length dress and tight denim wrapped around her slim, tall legs.

Though she tried to disguise as a normal human girl but far from where Chen and Tao stood, they could clearly notice the shining aura that sparkled by Seohyun who was originally an angel. Once she saw them staring on her, she waved up her hand and curved a blinding smile. Tao and Chen blinked their eyes innocently to her, totally mesmerized by her angelic charm.

“Ye...ah...I almost forgot that the angel baby is studying here with us too...” Chen finally found his voice back and commented to Tao without shifting his eyes away from Seohyun. He heard Tao chuckled to him.

“Actually, you forgot one more thing...and it’s even more important one...” he told him while Chen glanced slightly to him. “What is it then?”

“Are you forget to count yourself in, huh? You’re an angel too, right? In addition, not just an ordinary angel but you’re an archangel...the Covenant’s member...” Tao reminded him but Chen lazily nodded his head in reply.

“Fine, fine! I’m aware of it...you and I and her are all angels...satisfy already???” Chen rolled his eyes to Tao while the younger but taller male angel was laughing slowly beside him. Seohyun finally reached them and she stopped walking in front of the two.

“Annyeong! I’ve been looking for both of you...Luhan oppa said that starting from today both of you will be studying here in the same course as me...is it true?” Seohyun grinned, changing her eyes from Chen and up to Tao. The boys smiled before nodded their heads simultaneously to her.

“Yeah...I guess so...we are here already, Seohyun sshi...we just got our registration finished just now...” Tao informed her and Seohyun pouted.

“Come on...we are going to be close friends after all...don’t address me with such a formal name like that...just call me Seo or Seohyun is enough...” she corrected, winking to them only to cause Chen and Tao to forget on how to breathe again. Her beauty was truly a breathtaking one.

“Em...of course, Seohyun ssh...em! I mean, Seo ah...let’s take care each other from now on...” Chen agreed to her and he held out his hand towards Seohyun.

She smiled again and shook his hand for a while before changing it to shake Tao’s hand instead.

“Come on, then...let me show you around here...though I’m also still isn’t very familiar with this place but I guess I can show you the main building and so...all the important spots that the students usually go to...” Seohyun started explaining to them and she dragged Tao and Chen to walk in three with her. They simply agreed and followed her but then, someone walked pass them when they almost reach the elevator.

“Yes...I’m on my way now...I’m going to keep the new students’ files inside the information room before going to see you...yeah...I’ll catch up with you later, okay? Bye!” Seohyun looked up to her while Tao and Chen noticed that she was the awkward old lecturer just now.

Seohyun bit her lips as she recalled her words when she conversed using her phone just now. She said that she was going to the information room where all the students’ profiles were kept there. It means that Amber’s file was included among them. Despite every bad thing that Amber has did to her but Seohyun was determined to not give up on guiding her. Therefore, she stopped walking and looked up to Tao and Chen.

“Em...why don’t you guys wait for me at the cafeteria? You know where is it, right?” she smiled apologetically to them. Tao nodded his head but he asked her.

“We do...but where are you going?”

“Em...I just wanna go to the ladies for a while...excuse me, okay?” Seohyun answered him shortly, forcing a smile for them again before she quickly turned her way back to follow the lecturer just now.

Tao and Chen looked blankly on each other but they chose to drop the matter and walked away. As Seohyun was sure that they were no longer paying attention to her, she picked up her pace and half running to find the lecturer. She cornered her way around and ran down the second floor until she stopped panting when she caught sight of the lady again.

The lecturer just unlocked the door to the information room and Seohyun seized the chance to get inside. She tiptoeing silently towards the door before slowly got down to her knees to crawl on the floor.

Finally, the lady left the room after she finished keeping away Tao and Chen’s files on their exact place but when she pulled the door to close it, she didn’t notice a figure that was actually hiding behind the door. Seohyun sighed in relief when she had secretly sneaked into the room. Once she heard the door was locked from outside by the lecturer, Seohyun stepped further inside the room.

Her eyes scanned wildly through the surrounding but lastly, she stopped standing at the center of the room. She slowly closed her eyes and started possessing her inner power, using the combination of the thought in her mind and the wish inside her heart to seek for Amber’s file among those piles of clear folders.

In just a couple of minutes, Seohyun saw a vision inside her mind and she opened her eyes again. She tilted her head to her right before landed her eyes on a brown cupboard situated there. Walking towards it, she stopped and pulled the first drawer of it. Just as her vision told her, Amber’s file could easily be seen on top of those folders. Seohyun smiled and reached out for it.

She closed the drawer back before clasping her hands together and closed her eyes, praying shortly.

“Please...I promise I’ll put this file back to its place once I have the information that I look for...don’t punish me for secretly sneaking inside here, Father...” out of her innocence heart, Seohyun still didn’t forget to seek for forgiveness from the God on behalf of her action now.

She knew that stealing was something really wrong but she had no other ideas than to do this – just for Amber. Seohyun quickly flipped on the file and she gasped in shock when she read all the thick collection of papers only to record the discipline cases made by Amber. Seohyun sighed in despair. How troublesome can Amber be actually? She thought helplessly, kept on flipping from page to page until she stopped on her main profile.

“Ah...this is it...” Seohyun finally found the only information that she seeks from it and she walked around the room to find a pen and a small piece of paper. She jotted down the current address of where Amber was staying before she placed the file back inside the drawer and left the room as fast as possible.

Once outside, Seohyun crumpled the paper securely inside her palms. At least now she knew where to find Amber aside from the dangerous nightclub.

-Broken Arrow-

“Em...ahhh!!! Morning, guys!!!” Lay greeted his brothers cheerfully when he walked entering the kitchen.

Xiumin simply smiled to him, looking up over the newspaper that he read while Luhan was grinning from where he was in the middle of stirring his cup of coffee. Only Kris was freely standing tall beside the windowpane and looked outside through it.

Lay took his seat around the dining table and started grabbing up a slice of toast prepared by Luhan but then he stopped on his attempt to chew on it. His eyes wandered around.

“Em...it’s weird...where are Tao and Chen?” he questioned but Luhan chuckled to him and sat across from him.

“They are off to college with Seohyun sshi...don’t ask me the reason why because I’ve no idea too...maybe you should ask Kris for it...I wanna know the reason as well...” Luhan said, sipping on his coffee but his eyes darted up to Kris.

Xiumin nodded, smiling in thrill while Lay blinked his eyes towards their leader. Kris heard them but he refused to turn looking at them. Still, he replied them with a simple answer.

“Nothing special actually...I just thought that since we’re going to stay here longer, so why don’t sending them there to learn something? I mean, we live among humans now so we have to act normally like any other mortals too...they go to college and so we must attend it as well...being normal as much as we can and try to adapt...is it wrong to all of you?” Kris explained to them and finally turned around to look at Luhan.

He shrugged but laughed shortly. “Yeah...and it’s smart enough for you Kris to make the two youngest brothers of us to be the victims of your adapting project...”

Luhan replied him sarcastically but it caused Lay and Xiumin to laugh upon his comment. Kris curved up a small smile too but he kept himself silent. The true was, he just wanted any of them to be a company for Seohyun. He knew that the young angel was still very new on Earth and so Kris was worried that Seohyun might get into trouble when she was alone at college. That was why he sent Tao and Chen to be by her side just in case she needs them.

Suddenly Xiumin cleared his throat and put down the newspaper on the table. He tilted his head up to look at Kris again.

“Kris...can you explain to me again? What exactly meant by those vampires when you guys met them yesterday? I don’t really get what they were telling you...”

The topic brought up by Xiumin regarding their mission made Luhan to sit still on his chair. He nodded his head in agreement to his question and peered up to Kris.

“Yes, Kris...the faster we understand the meaning of Leetuk’s words, the easier we find the trace to the fallen angels...” Luhan added but Kris sighed out loud.

He shook his head and paced back to the table, taking his seat next to Lay. Then he looked up to stare sternly upon Xiumin and Luhan.

“I’m not gonna wait until the answer came to me...I’m gonna start finding them...tonight...” Kris determinedly told them and Lay frowned sideway to him.

“If you seek for it, then you will never see...but if you let it comes to you, then you will easily see...he told you exactly like that, right?” Lay repeated to him and Kris pursed his lips. He realized that there was no clue came to them if he believes in those words.

“I know that it will only come to me if I don’t look around for it...but how can it comes to me if the fallen angels didn’t know that I’m already here? Then I’ll come to them in order for them to see me...”

-Broken Arrow-

“Guansuk Orphanage House...” Seohyun reread the address written on the paper for the nth time today.

She exhaled heavily before raising up her head to gaze upon a white building ahead of her. So this was where Amber should be living now – in an orphanage. Seohyun swallowed in regret. She felt so bad for not knowing from the very start that her human girl was actually an orphan child.

No wonder Amber was acting all cold towards the people around her. She needs love, more than anyone else – and Seohyun was determined to give her all of that. On top of that, she did something against her nature by secretly sneaking into the information room and stole her address just to come here and gets to know Amber even closer. Seohyun knew that Amber won’t like this idea if she found out about it but Seohyun herself has no other choice.

At last, she took a deep breath and began arranging her steps into the front garden of the house. When she tilted her head around, Seohyun could clearly see a big group of kids, aged around 5 to 12 years old were running and laughing in carefree inside the garden. She smiled while watching them but suddenly, someone knocked against her knees.

“Ouch!” Seohyun yelped and looked down but she saw a little girl just stumbled down to the ground. She immediately gasped and held out her hand to help the girl.

“Oh, God! I’m so sorry...I didn’t see you there...” Seohyun apologized pitifully to her and the girl looked up, finally revealing her cute face to Seohyun. They widened their eyes on each other.

“Wow...you’re as pretty as an angel, unnie...” the girl didn’t take her hand but she remained hypnotized by her beauty as Seohyun’s face was so close to her. She could clearly see the shine from two pools of Seohyun’s eyes.

“Em...” Seohyun blushed awkwardly before she grinned and pulled the girl up by her wrist.

“Thank you...but I hope you’re alright...you don’t get hurt anywhere, do you?” Seohyun asked her tenderly once she got on her feet and the girl laughed a bit while dusted off her skirt.

“No, I’m fine! What are you doing here, unnie? I’ve never seen you anywhere close here...” she commented to her and Seohyun gave her a nod filled with hesitation. She wasn’t so good at lying. Well, scratched that – she didn’t even know how to lie so Seohyun simply changed the topic.

“Err...do you believe in angel?” her sudden question made the girl to furrow up to her but then she chuckled. “I do...why?”

“Hmmm...actually, I have a secret to tell you about angels...” Seohyun started grinning excitedly to her.

“Really? What is it then, unnie?” the girl clasped her hands and Seohyun knelt down in front of her. She stared softly to the girl.

“This is just between you and me...the true is, I actually have seen the real angel...” she whispered to her and the girl instantly widened her eyes.

“Seriously?”

“Yup...and if you choose to stay believing in angels, one day, they will come to you...”

“Then can I see them?”

“Hmmm...it depends...but if you pray with all of your heart, then the angels will let you see them...they will help you to grant your wish...so start praying sincerely now!” Seohyun cheered to her, smiling a little too bright before she patted the girl on her hair and stood up again.

Seohyun left the girl with her blinking eyes upon her mythical story just now and she finally reached the main door of the house. She was hesitated to push on the bell but even before she did, someone had opened the door from inside.

“I’ll go and get the kids now!” a woman, look like in her late forties tried to step out through the door but she was immediately stopped when Seohyun was blocking her way there. Seohyun tried to smile and bow politely to her. Of course, just like the girl just now, she was too – amazed by her magnificent beauty.

“Who...who are you?” the woman started and Seohyun swallowed hard.

“Sorry to interrupt, madam...but I’m here to look for Amber...can I meet her now?” Seohyun answered her truthfully but the woman somehow widened her eyes in shock upon the mentioning of Amber’s name. She shook her head aggressively.

“You, young lady...you look so innocent and fragile to me...why do you want to get yourself involve with somebody like Amber?! You can’t risk yourself like this!” Seohyun clutched her heart when the woman snapped to her out of a sudden. Seohyun blinked her eyes, trying to breathe calmly again.

“But...but...I don’t understand...I thought she lives here...in this orphanage...I mean...I need to know what is happening to her...I want to help her...I don’t get myself involve with something dangerous but I think, Amber does...and I want to stop it...I want to stop her...so please, tell me anything that you know about her...” Seohyun pleaded to the woman, grabbing her by her hands but the woman sighed and pulled Seohyun slowly.

“I’m sorry, dear...no matter who you are...her new volunteer, maybe...or somebody else who tried to care for her...I guess it’s only a waste of time, honey...I want to make it clear for you that Amber is beyond repairable...she’s already very rotten...since long ago...and just to let you know, she has left this orphanage for years already...she didn’t want to live here...with all the kids...she wants to live in her own life...alone and in her own world with her own style...that’s it...all that I can conclude about Amber, she isn’t a good person to start as your friend...please, just leave...” with those confusing words, the woman walked pass Seohyun and left her with many questions stuck inside her head.

Seohyun sighed in despair. Her fists balled up and she still wasn’t going to give up until she knew the truth! She spun her body around, wanting to chase after the woman but then she paused on her way when she saw a person suddenly running into the garden.

“Yah!!! Where’s Krystal??!!!” Seohyun blinked her eyes in disbelief when she realized that it was Amber who yelled just now. Seohyun tried to stop her but she already reached the woman and grabbed her by her collar. The woman choked in pain.

“Argh! Am...Amber! Let me go!!!” the kids around them were all screaming around, running fiercely as they were scared of Amber. Seohyun gasped and wanted to save the woman but she thought again and decided to hide herself behind the wall.

“You! You better tell me now!!! I need to know where Krystal is!!! Where is she???!!!” Amber forced even louder to her and the woman choked again.

“I...I don’t...I don’t know...a...a...boy came...last night...he looks friendly and he took her away...” she told her but Amber growled and gripped even harder on the woman’s neck.

“And why on hell do you gave her to him???!!!! Who the is he actually???!!! Do you know him???!!! Why did you give her away??!!! She’s in danger, you bloody !!!” Amber shouted on top of her lungs before she finally let the woman go and threw her down to the ground.

The woman kept on coughing, didn’t even manage to explain anything and Seohyun ran out from behind the wall when Amber had already left the house as well. Seohyun followed her silently from behind. She felt curious to know the reason why Amber was so desperate to find a girl name Krystal. From the way she scolded the woman a moment ago, Seohyun could easily assume that Krystal was one of the orphans from that house too. Were they friends?

Seohyun racked her brain furious for a conclusion to it but she failed when Amber suddenly stopped walking and she cursed loudly before answering her phone that rang.

“You ing idiot! Let her go, you bull!!!” Amber instantly greeted the caller with her nonstop cursing but then Seohyun read her panic face that was sweating madly now.

“What?! Where???!!! You better knock this out because when I found you, I’ll slaughter your head to death! You better believe me!!! Krystal has got nothing to do with me!!! Let her go!!!” she warned the caller angrily but maybe the line was suddenly off and Amber yelled in frustration again.

“Hish!!! Argghhhh!!!” she threw away her phone and Seohyun watched helplessly as it broke into pieces to the road. Speechless, Seohyun looked up again to Amber and saw that she was ruffling her hair now.

Krystal...that girl must be very important to her – and Seohyun knew that Krystal must be in danger now that caused Amber to terrify like this. She assumed but then hastily followed Amber once she ran again.

-Broken Arrow-

“Why didn’t Seohyun come home with you?” Kris stole a quick glance to Lay when he heard Tao conversed with him. Tao shrugged as his answer.

“We don’t know either...she just said she has something on her way to be settled so she left earlier...” Chen told on behalf of Tao and Lay nodded quietly, staring down to his feet.

“Ah...that’s enough talking about college...first day of learning about anatomy and human skeleton is already dreadful to me...so let’s just skip it!” Tao rolled his eyes, earning short laughter from his hyungs but he stretched around his arms and fixed the cloak wrapped around his tall figure.

“Hyung? Are we here?” he asked, turning to look at Kris and their leader simply gave him a nod. The six of them breathed in heavily before they secretly sneaked farther into the forest.

Kris peeked slightly from behind his hoodie to five male vampires who sat in group in the middle of the thick forest. The other M members – Lay, Tao, Chen, Xiumin and Luhan stood behind Kris as they were too, covered their bodies with the long and hooded cloak from their head to toe – black in color so that the vampires won’t notice their presence there. They tried to blend with the night.

Kyuhyun, the youngest but big eater among the monster clan wiped the corner of his lips off from the fresh blood stained there. He then looked up to their leader – Leetuk was still deep in the blood.

“Yah, hyung...are you sure that the angels won’t come here again?” his question made the M members to exchange anxious look among them but they stayed silent.

Leetuk the last drops of blood from his prey and raised up his head to stare on Kyuhyun.

“No worries, Kyuhyun ah...angels held firm to their words...I believe in them...” he replied but another one of them suddenly chuckled.

“I doubt that, hyung...what if they come here again and seek from us to know about the fallen angels? I mean, they won’t give up when they started their mission, right?” the vampire asked him but Leetuk shook his head.

“Relax, Donghae ah...the angels won’t know anything about the battle if we don’t speak a word about it to them...besides, they don’t really know what they are looking for...fallen angels? Are they really still like any other normal angels? All of you and I knew it a little too well...it’s too late to save them now...not when the demons are in their hearts already...”

Leetuk’s words caught the M members in major surprise. They didn’t have a single idea about how worse can the fallen angels be right now. Did they...transform into demons? Curiosity clouded the M members but the vampire spoke again.

“I think it’s better for us to inform them, hyung...just in case...they will know what to do if the angels suddenly meet them...” Heechul suggested to their leader and Leetuk fell silent for a while. He sighed before nodded his head.

“Yeah...inform the K members...Donghae and Eunhyuk ah...you know where to go...” Leetuk peered sideway to both of his brothers. The pair was the fastest when it came to run and so in just a brief second, without any other words, they disappeared from the sight.

Kris clicked his tongue impatiently while Luhan whispered to Lay.

“The K members...who are they? Are they vampires too...or the devils?” he guessed, his face seems horrified by the idea but Kris had turned around to face the five of them.

“We can’t easily guess on it...we need to know...and I need to see them...you guys wait here...keep your mind with me so that when I need your help, you’ll know where to find me...” simply after his brothers nodded to him, Kris flipped off his wings and flew, tracking the two vampires just now.

-Broken Arrow-

“Hey, sunshine...why do you look so pale, honey? Come on...chin up for us!” Baekhyun said seductively as he trailed a finger on Krystal’s cheek.

She was already out of energy now. Her head hung over her neck as she could only cry silently. Her milky skin was wounded with bruises all over her pretty face, arms and legs. She did nothing. She was already too tired to speak now. Krystal simply let the K members touched her, kissed her or do anything to her without going against them.

Bored by the way she was acting all paralyzed, Baekhyun snorted and walked away from where they tied her hands and legs against the wall. He skipped freely inside the abandon warehouse.

“Haish! This is damn boring!!! That Amber is seriously a slow poke!” he complained, stretching his arms and waist until they heard footsteps of two people echoing throughout the place. Kai opened his eyes and saw Donghae stopped standing with Eunhyuk in front of them.

“A’hah!” Baekhyun who shared the same sight as Kai skipped faster to crush his body beside Chanyeol who was still sleeping. He jerked woke up when their bodies collided.

“Ya...yah! Omo! Omo! Aigoo...Baek ah!!! You freak me out!!!” Chanyeol glared from the corner of his eyes to Baekhyun but his shortie friend tiptoed on his feet to whisper into his ear.

“Yah, stop sleeping idiot! Look, the bloodsuckers are here out of the blue...” Baekhyun sang mysteriously to him and Chanyeol blinked his eyes.

“Like seriously? Where?” Chanyeol rubbed his eyes, still thick in his sleepiness.

“Over there...” Baekhyun pointed a finger towards the direction where Kai stood up to face the two vampires and their mouths moved while muttering something secretive among them.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol giggled together, feeling eager to know the thrilling news brought by Donghae and Eunhyuk while Sehun, Suho and Kyungsoo simply watched Kai conversed with them in silent.

Suddenly, Krystal cried in pain and the vampires shifted their eyes sharply to her way. Donghae bared his teeth.

“What? Human? Why are you keeping her?” he said, deep the air of his surrounding where it was all filled with the strong scent of Krystal’s blood. Eunhyuk had started turning his body straight to Krystal but Sehun immediately stood up and blocked his sight off from her from where he stood. Eunhyuk smirked to Sehun.

“You wanna save her for good huh?” Eunhyuk commented lazily, looking at Kai again but he shook his head sternly.

“The girl is with us...I said you better go away now...I’m aware of the angels...thank you for being informative...” Kai shooed them away. Donghae and Eunhyuk exchanged smirk between them but they disappeared into the thin air.

Sehun peered towards Kai and he slightly nodded to him, signaling that it was save to leave Krystal alone now. As the K members resumed waiting for Amber to come, they were being careless by letting their guard off and never realize the present of a majestic angel up there on the ceiling.

Kris was crawling on the rails while his eyes focused down upon the six boys. He tried to figure out on who they were, the real one but unfortunately he couldn’t think of a matter now. His mind was too full with the thought of the fallen angels and Leetuk’s words just now. Suddenly, Kris flinched a bit when the entrance of the warehouse was again being knocked down loudly by someone.

“BANG!!!”

“Yah! Where’s Krystal?! Give her back to me!!!” that was when Kris frowned on the figure of a human girl. She wasn’t look so ordinary. Besides, she was indeed look different with her short hair and boyish clothes hugged all over her body.

Her face was fierce as she scanned around the place, tilting her head to right and left. Kai curved up a demonic smile when he saw her finally arrived here. He kept his hands inside his pockets and Kris watched the dark-skinned boy approached the girl.

“So, you’re here? Welcome, Amber ah...” Kai spoke first, greeting her but Amber gritted her teeth and balled up her fists.

“I don’t need your fake introduction...just let Krystal go and give her back to me!” Amber growled to him but Chanyeol and Baekhyun burst out laughing in unison to her.

“Hahahahaha!!! Wowowowo...chillax, Amber ah...Krystal is being just fine with us...besides, she’s having fun too, I guess...” Chanyeol assured her but with his annoying mocking smile, Amber would never believe him. She hissed to him.

“Just shut the up and give her back to me!” she finally blown off angrily and cornered her way to land a punch straight on Chanyeol but Krystal slowly opened her eyes and saw Amber was there.

“Am...Amber ah...” she breathed weakly, calling her name and it caused Amber to stop from attacking Chanyeol. The tall devilishly cute demon grinned when Amber shifted her shock eyes to Krystal but Kyungsoo suddenly happened to stand next to Krystal.

“Go on, honey...call out for her...your so –called hero is finally here so go on...call out for her, scream out her name!” Kyungsoo started slowly but he grew louder until he grabbed Krystal by her chin and forced her face towards his lips. He kissed her hungrily while Baekhyun and Suho were laughing madly to them.

“You jerk! Stop it! No!!!” Amber lost her mind and she launched forward to Krystal’s direction but Chanyeol and Sehun who were closer to her quickly blocked her way and pinned Amber down to the floor by both sides of her hands. Amber screamed out in anger and frustration.

Kyungsoo pushed Krystal’s face away before he gave her another rough slap on her already wounded cheek. She yelled in agony, closing her eyes but her suffer didn’t end there. It was now Suho’s turn to torture her as he came to stand in front of Krystal and grabbed her face to make her look at him.

“Look at me, baby...yes, like that...good...” Suho whispered to her before he parted with one hand and used his other hand to pour down a bottle of wine deep into . Krystal coughed loudly, couldn’t stand the ecstasy from the wine but Suho simply shrieked evilly to her. He enjoyed seeing the wine dripping down from to all over her face and neck. She begged to him to let her go through her tears but Kai jerked up his brow.

Shaking his head, he showed a face like he did has sympathy for the poor girl but Kai kept his fists inside his pockets and he paced over to Amber. He stared down on her emptily while Amber struggled to free her hands from Sehun and Chanyeol but the tall demons were way stronger compared to her.

“You, monster! What do you want from me actually huh??! Who are you guys???!!! Why did you guys torture Krystal like that??!! Just let her go!!!!” Amber shouted to Kai while she stared fiercely to him. Kai twisted his lips into a little sarcastic smile before shaking his head.

“My apology, Amber ah...I don’t mean to hurt anyone here...I’ll let your friend go if you tell me the true connection that you have between you and the girl that you sold the other day in the club...” Kai said but Amber stopped moving and she gulped. Of course she remembered that girl though she knew nothing regarding her. She just thought that weird girl was someone as busybody as a grandma!

Amber decided to fool the boys a little and so she suddenly laughed. Kai frowned on her.

“Huh! So you’re looking for that girl huh? Pity you...but I won’t be telling you anything about her! Beg and slave as much as you want! But I still won’t spill a word to you! Loser! Dickhead!” she mocked him and it only adding up oil to the fire inside Kai’s heart – well, if he ever has one but as a demon, he felt nothing except anger.

She played with fire and so she gonna get back from him! Kai thought angrily as he spun his body around and look for any closest object to beat her to death. The first thing that came to his sight was the wooden chair that he sat just now. Kai smirked and he snatched the chair up high in the air, ready to hit it down straight on Amber’s body.

Chanyeol and Sehun grinned to each other, completely enjoying the cruel scene but Kris widened his eyes in major shock from up there. He was furious that Kai was about to throw the chair to the girl. He decided to jump down and save Amber but her guardian angel was fast enough. Kris stopped dead on his track.

“No!!! Stop it!!! Amber ah!!!” Seohyun came out from behind the wall out of a sudden and she ran straight towards Amber.

Kai turned looking at her sight and he also paused on his attempt to throw the chair. He watched as Seohyun already cried out and dropped her body on top of Amber to protect her. Amber widened her eyes upon seeing Seohyun was there. She never expect for this girl to suddenly show up here. Seohyun pushed Chanyeol and Sehun away before she hugged Amber tight in her embrace.

Everyone was so caught off guard by her sudden existence until Chanyeol and Sehun didn’t really realize that they were letting go of their victim. Suho and Kyungsoo stood still nearby Krystal while Kai glued his eyes on Seohyun. Finally, she was here as he wanted her to.

She threw him a sharp glare from the corner of her eyes. “You again! What do you want now??? Why do you enjoy so much hurting people??? I hate you!!!”

Seohyun yelled loudly to him but Kai dropped down the chair, leaving it to thump on the floor before he chuckled to her.

“You hate me??? Are you sure you do, princess??? I guess you care...that’s why you’re here!” with that, Kai launched forward to her and he grabbed her arm to pull Seohyun up to him.

Once Kris saw he landed his hand fiercely upon Seohyun, he lost his mind. He can’t stand seeing Seohyun was hurt by that cruel guy. He just can’t!

“Brother, come on! I need your help!” Kris closed his eyes and whispered loudly inside his head. He sent the message through telekinesis of his mind and in just a blink of an eye, all his other five brothers arrived exactly inside the warehouse.

Kris knew where they were so he flew off slowly from the ceiling, not wanting the K members or Seohyun to notice him there before he landed swiftly in front of the rest. Luhan ran hastily nearing him, followed by the other. He was the angel with the telekinesis power and so Luhan was the first to hear Kris’s panic voice inside his head.

“What is it, Kris? What do you saw just now?” Luhan held their leader on his arms and Kris looked over his shoulder, checking on Seohyun that was still struggling inside Kai’s arms.

“I don’t know what I saw...I was so shock...Seohyun suddenly being here now...” Kris told his brothers and the M members widened their eyes in unison.

“Wait...what??? She’s here??? What did she do in this place???” Xiumin asked in worried to Kris but he shook his head and frowned.

“No idea...we’ll find out later but I need us to save her for now...she’s in danger, guys...we need to help her...” Kris pleaded to his brothers and Tao walked pass him to peek from where they were hiding to see Seohyun with those dangerous boys. Tao hissed and he tilted his head back to Kris.

“Agreed...I say we fight those men...” Tao suggested to them but Kris quickly shook his head in disapproval. For a best warrior and fighter like him, of course Tao got nothing to fear when it comes to fight but for the others, it would inconvenience!

Tao furrowed seriously to Kris. “Why can’t we fight? Are you afraid of them?”

“Of course I’m not! But if we fight now, we’ll put Seohyun in even a bigger danger! Plus, we don’t even know what are those men...they can be anything...human, demon or vampire...but if they’re something inhuman, I’m sure you don’t want to go against them with your bare hands, Tao ah...”

Their leader reasoned out the rationality of their action to them and Lay nodded his head, agreed with Kris. He peered through Kris’s shoulder and he gasped in shock when he caught sight of Krystal – all bleeding on her face and arms. He shifted his worried eyes to Kris.

“Kris...is that...a human?” he questioned and Kris nodded once to him. Lay shook his head.

“No! We can’t wait! I can’t stand to see they harm the human girl and do nothing about it! Quick, Kris! If we have to fight, then I’ll fight!” Lay exclaimed.

“No! I have another idea...” their inserted and Kris glanced around to Chen. Nodding his head, he said.

“You know what to do, Chen ah...” Xiumin looked at his younger brother and easily get the meaning of Kris’s words. He replied Kris a firm nod before Xiumin grabbed Chen by wrist and started walking away.

“Come! I’ll show you the circuit box...” Tao frowned when he heard Xiumin was talking like that to Chen. He turned staring on Kris.

“Circuit box? What can Chen do with it?” but Kris ignored his question and shifted his eyes to Lay and Luhan.

“Listen...Lay, you save the girl after this and bring her out from here...Luhan, you’re coming with me...we’re going to beat down the boy who got Seohyun and you, Tao...just stay with Lay...just in case the other boys come again to take away the human girl, then you know how to defeat them...get it?” Kris explained their whole plan to his brothers but only Lay and Luhan nodded their heads. Tao still frowning in confusion to Kris.

“No, wait...I don’t get this...when are we going to do all this huh?”

Kris focused his eyes back to Seohyun who was now being dragged away by Kai to start leaving the warehouse. He could hear her screaming and he was determined to save her.

“...after Chen black out the whole place...”

Just in time he said so, Xiumin and Chen stopped in front of the main electrical box of the warehouse and they glimpsed to each other for a second. Xiumin gave Chen a firm nod before Chen raised up his right hand, balling it the into fist and punched the box at once.

“BOOM!!!”

The whole warehouse exploded by the massive electric shock and at once, it turned the whole area into complete darkness. The K members flinched in sudden shock while the angels seized their chance.

Lay hastily ran his way towards Krystal into the darkness and he kicked Suho and Kyungsoo down to the floor. Tao heard them yelled roughly but he helped Lay untied the rope around Krystal’s body and her weak body slipped lightly inside Lay’s waiting arms. The two quickly ran out even before Suho and Kyungsoo notice their presence there. Xiumin and Chen had already followed behind them, leaving only Luhan and Kris to deal with Kai and the rest.

“What is happening? Let me...let me go!!!” Seohyun pushed Kai strongly on his chest but he didn’t budge a little. Kai hissed and tightened his grip around her body as he shouted to Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun in the dark.

“Yah, all of you! Take that damn Amber with us! We’ll settle her later!” Seohyun squealed when she heard her human girl was threatened like that. She landed punch on every part of Kai that she could reach.

“You, evil!!! Let her go!!! Stop tormenting her!!!” Amber struggled to escape from Chanyeol and Sehun too but suddenly in the dark, Baekhyun was the first to scream in pain when Luhan threw a kick straight on his stomach.

Once he dropped to the floor, Luhan did the same to Chanyeol and Sehun before he pulled Amber strongly by her arm and started dragging her away from the group.

“Yah! Now who the hell are you?! Get off me!” Amber pushed him away when she felt different arms were holding her but Luhan hissed and gripped even tighter to her.

“Shut up and follow me if you wanna live!” with that, they left the place as well. Only Seohyun was left alone with Kai but only a few steps before they reach the entrance but somebody smacked Kai hard on his face, making him to automatically let go of Seohyun.

She seized the chance to run but as she took her steps further, her waist was grabbed by someone in the dark. Seohyun screamed and Kris covered with his palm and hugged her from behind.

“Shhh...it’s okay, Seohyun ah...it’s me, Kris...” he whispered to her and Seohyun stopped struggling in his arms.

“What...how???” she wanted to ask but Kris silent her by grabbed hold of her hand and he pulled her to start running.

“Come, Seohyun ah! We need to hurry!” Kris said over his shoulder to her and they ran hand in hand to escape from the demons.

Kai hissed when he heard the footsteps of those pairing of angels. He stood on his feet and shouted loudly for Baekhyun.

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun! You relight this warehouse now!” he ordered him despite thinking about Baekhyun that was still in pain impact from Luhan’s punch just now. Kai grew impatient when Baekhyun didn’t seem to make a move and he ran towards him before he grabbed Baekhyun’s palm to shoot out the light from his hand.

Baekhyun squealed in pain when his power was control by someone else but Kai completely ignored him and he used his hand to become his torchlight. He scanned all over the dark warehouse until he caught sight of two people running upstairs to the rooftop of the building. Kai clicked his tongue and started chasing after them. The K members followed behind him.

“Oh my!” Seohyun and Kris stopped by the edge of the tall building when they realized that they finally trapped on the rooftop.

Kris scanned around while panting. There was no other way out of here except flying away but will it be fine for him to show his true self to Seohyun? He promised his Changmin sunbae already to keep his identity as a secret from her but was it include during such a critical moment like now?

Seohyun was battling inside her heart too in order to keep Kris and herself save from Kai and the rest. She was so panicked and Seohyun flinched on her feet when she heard those running footsteps that were rushing up here to catch them. Without taking another second to think, Seohyun pulled Kris to stand in front of her.

“What...what are you trying to do?” Kris asked but Seohyun circled her arms around his waist from behind and she whispered to him.

“I beg you to believe in me...just close your eyes and don’t open it until I ask you to...” she instructed him and Kris was blinded by the light when she spread out her mighty wings and slowly, their feet were no longer attach to the ground.

“!!! Where are they???” Kai and the rest arrived at the rooftop but as they looked around they found nothing. The angels had successfully escaped from them.

-Broken Arrow-

Seohyun landed slowly on her feet again and she carefully put Kris down. Slowly raising up his eyelids, he turned his body around to check on Seohyun. She sent them straight into the wood now.

She had stopped trembling but her face was somehow still looking so pale. She swallowed hard and dared to peer up to Kris. She tried reading his face, expecting to see his terrified face for just flying with an angel but, Kris was strangely looked so calm. His face was as gorgeous as ever.

Seohyun dropped her eyes to her feet but she didn’t unfold her wings. Instead, she let Kris stared on them.

“So this is it...this is who I am...I’m sorry for keeping it a secret from you and your friends but...I have something to do on Earth so...yeah...I’m actually the boyish girl’s guardian angel...I’m tasked to protect her...” she told him truthfully, revealing everything as Seohyun has a strong instinct that Kris was someone that she could believe.

Kris didn’t reply a word but he took his steps further to her until he stopped only a few inches in front of Seohyun. She stared upon his handsome face while Kris raised up a hand and touched her halo, the white circle on top of her head.

“You...do you see my halo?” Seohyun sounded disbelief of it because there was no human could see an angel’s halo. Only their kind could see it while human could only feel it. Kris shook his head while smiling a bit.

“No...somebody told me that angel got halo...so I wanna feel it...it’s true that you’re an angel...your halo is warm...” he commented to her and grinned down to Seohyun. Of course it was just his mere act but deep inside, Kris had to admit that Seohyun was prettier with her wings unfolding.

They kept on gluing their eyes on each other, feeling a weird sensation greeting their hearts from inside before Kris finally cleared his throat.

“Em, ehem...I guess we better go back now...if not the rest of my friends will be worried about us...”

Seohyun nodded a bit and Kris led her to walk out from the forest. Seohyun accidentally tripped on those giant roots and luckily Kris was fast enough to support her by her waist.

“So...sorry...” she apologized and stood straight again. Kris wanted to laugh upon seeing her clumsiness but he stopped himself and offered a hand towards Seohyun. She looked up questioningly to him.

“If you don’t mind, can you believe in this human to help  you find a way out of this wood?” he joked to her and Seohyun smiled a bit.

She hid away her shy face but carefully placed her hand inside Kris’s palm. “Let’s go...”

They entwined their hands and resumed walking – didn’t aware at all of two pairs of bright red eyes that were staring sharply on them from above the tree.

Heechul glanced to Kyuhyun. “So that girl is an angel huh?”

To be continued...