(1) Switching Position

Broken Arrow

"God sent you down from up above. He sent you down for me to love. He picked you out from all the rest, because he knew I'd love you the best..."

~Air Bear


“Now the girl will go out from the door of that library...yes, she is carrying her books and stuff full inside her arms...and the boy...jumped off from the taxi and in one, two, three...starts running!” Seohyun was blabbering alone as she focused her eyes on those humans from between the clouds. Yoona rolled her eyes, slightly glancing sideway to her.

“What's so exciting, actually?” she asked, feeling annoyed when she saw Seohyun was giggling over the humans. Yoona darted her eyes back on her own targets and she held up the arrow inside her hand.

“Nothing...they are cute! This couple is cute! I have no doubt on how brilliant our Father is in choosing each life partner for every human...” she commented and before Yoona could give a reply, Seohyun gasped and immediately threw her hand over the back of her shoulder.

“Omo! Here they are! They are very close with each other! Yes...run faster, boy! On my count of three...two...” she mumbled excitedly and her hand reached for an arrow. Seohyun hastily hung over the arrow on her bow and she held it high, pointing it straight towards the human boy. “...one!”

Then she released the arrow and it flew down far from the sky until it deep straight into the boy’s chest and buried inside his heart. Seohyun put down her bow on her lap and she clapped her hands, grinning broadly. “Yay!”

“Hmmm...look at how deep you shot the arrow to him...he will fall head over heels for her...” Yoona gave her opinion as she peeked down on those humans. Their arrows were invisible among the humans because only angels from above could see it. The humans can never see but they will feel it, the love that was sent down to them. That was when the boy and the girl bumped into each other and the books held by the girl fell all over the ground.

“Sorry! I’m so sorry! I didn’t see you...” the boy apologized as he caught the girl on her wrist, preventing her from losing her balance.

“No...I’m...I’m fine...I didn’t see you either...” the girl replied and smiled sheepishly to him. As they stood straight again, she smoothed down her dress and that was when the boy got to see her face clearly. He opened his mouth, trying to say something but the word failed him when he heard his heart slowly started to beat insanely inside his chest.

“Yes! I did it! He is falling for her...” Seohyun cheered for more when she could feel the gentle love and soft attraction sneaking secretly inside the boy’s heart for the human girl. Yoona was chuckling upon seeing her sister’s delighted face but she curved up a warm smile too when she knew that Seohyun managed to unite two hearts into one pure love again.

“Congratulations...another mission is accomplished again...” Yoona patted her maknae on her shoulder and Seohyun winked to her.

“Why don’t you shoot the arrow for the girl too? Don’t you want them to be a happy couple?” she slipped the question to Seohyun as she got up and flew to another cloud to resume shooting arrow upon her own targets. Seohyun pouted but she shook her head.

“Of course I wish the best happiness for them...but, unnie...don’t you remember what our Father always says? True love needs scarification, bravery and time...if they want to build a last long relationship, she needs to take her time in knowing him...learn to love him sincerely...then only they can be honest with their feelings and build the pure love together...” the maknae explained to Yoona in full graciousness. Yoona laughed to her but she nodded her head, looking back on another couple that will be her target for today’s mission.

“Yes, I supposed that is true...” she agreed at her and at once, shooting her arrow upon those humans. Seohyun peeked at them too and she gave out a roaring applause when she saw that Yoona had also managed to complete her task as a cupid angel.

“Okay, that’s enough for today...no more tasks from our Father, right?” Yoona asked, frowning as she put down her bow and checked on the list of human couples that they needed to send down the love for them. Seohyun scanned on her own list too before she sighed in relief and folded the list into a tiny piece of paper.

“Mine are all finished...how about yours, unnie?”

“Same here...now, let’s go back...” Yoona gave an assuring smile to her and Seohyun nodded. She slung the bow across her shoulders and hung the bag full of arrows on one side of her arm. Then her eyes fell back on the couple, now talking to each other while laughing. Seohyun curved up a warm smile too. She always felt happy and satisfied when she saw the harmonious atmosphere among those humans. She was proud that she could be the cupid that united those hearts for eternal love.

“Come on, Seo ah...” Yoona had now ready to fly back to their home, higher above the skies but Seohyun looked over her shoulder and held up her palm.

“Wait a moment, unnie...” she requested and stared back on the humans. She took a deep breath of the air on the humanland before she held up her hands and clasped them together. She closed her eyes tight before she started to pray silently.

“My most graceful Father, please destined them to be together, living in true love and be happily ever after...” she prayed, sending up her wish for the couple toward the higher sky, toward her Creator. Seohyun opened her eyes once she finished and she stood up from the cloud.

“Let’s go...” she tugged Yoona who watched her from behind before the two cupid angels spread their mighty wings together and flew back toward their home.

-Broken Arrow-

Seohyun and Yoona landed their feet on the Garden of Eden when they listened to the seraphim, singing their lullaby with softest and gentlest melody ever heard. As Seohyun paced further, brushing her fingertips on the blossoming roses planted around the garden – she spotted another one of her sisters – Tiffany.

Tiffany was a seraphim or literally known as the God’s healer. She has the power of healing anything despite inside the Heaven or on Earth. Everything about her was curing – her voice, her touch, her smile and her words. In their home, seraphim usually worked as the healer to the thousands of babies’ souls. These babies died earlier even before they managed to be born. So they always longing to see their parents and seek to feel the life on Earth – being a human. That was when Tiffany played her role by singing calming melody for them to entertain those souls.

Seohyun was grinning on the thought and she dropped lightly to her knees, just next to the rose branches. She sat there, savoring the beautiful moment when her ears listened to the graceful rhythm of Tiffany’s voice. She watched her as Tiffany’s slender fingers swept along on her harp, playing the low tune out of it. The young souls were all enjoying her company too, they were grouping her around in a large radius of a circle.

“Oh, you’re here...” suddenly someone touched her on shoulder and Seohyun turned sideway. She instantly curved up a smile when she noticed her oldest sister was kneeling next to her – Taeyeon.

“Yes, unnie...just coming back from completing my task...” Seohyun answered her and Taeyeon nodded in understanding.

“Have any problem?” she asked in concern but Seohyun gave a pat on Taeyeon’s knee.

“Don’t worry...everything is fine...I’ve done it very well...” she grinned assurancely and Taeyeon chuckled to her.

“I know that you can do the best in your mission...you will never disappoint our Father, right?” Taeyeon commented to her and it caused Seohyun’s cheeks to flash with pinkish hue.

“Aigoo, unnie...I’m just doing the best for my duty...” she replied shyly again but someone suddenly shouted from the back, interrupting their conversation.

“Haish! What a troublesome human!” the babies’ souls hastily ran away, leaving their seraphim once Sooyoung yelled impatiently and she landed with a loud thump on her feet, causing the garden to rattle a bit. Taeyeon and Seohyun turned over to her while Tiffany shook her head and she kept away her harp. She stood up again while Yoona walked over to Sooyoung.

“You’re finally back, unnie! So how is it? How’s your mission?” Yoona started to ask but then another angel appeared from behind Sooyoung.

“She failed...” Hyoyeon answered Yoona carelessly and it earned a sharp glare from Sooyoung. She bit her lips, gathering her patience back as Taeyeon rolled her eyes and gave a sarcastic look towards Seohyun.

“Speaking about doing the best in mission...” Taeyeon sang before she moved slowly approaching Sooyoung and the rest. As Tiffany finally reached the group, Seohyun stood still on her place. She kept her hands behind her body as she eyed her unnies. They were very special and unique to her. Even when Sooyoung always failed on her mission but she was in higher rank apart from Seohyun. She was a guardian angel just like Hyoyeon. Tiffany was a seraph while Taeyeon was the highest among the Girls’ generation sisters – she was an archangel, the one closest to the God. Seohyun knew that her sisters were all carrying bigger and heavier duty with them and failing in a mission was such a disgrace for them too. Meanwhile her sisters were all surrounded with powers and fame, Seohyun, on the other hand was nothing special. She was just a plain, old transition angel – a cupid angel which was at the bottom of the rung. Her work was simple too – shooting arrows on humans and send down love for them. But Seohyun had never mind it, she loved herself – the way it was.

“How can you failed again, Sooyoung ah?” Seohyun heard Taeyeon asked her but Sooyoung groaned and folded her arms across her chest.

“I don’t know! She’s very stubborn! That human is very stone-headed...I swear I never saw a mortal so arrogant like her all in my whole 200 years being a guardian angel!” Sooyoung complained but Tiffany stretched out her hand and rested it on Sooyoung’s arm.

“Calm down, Sooyoung ah...keep your voice low...” she said and Seohyun caught it that she was flowing some healing energy towards Sooyoung to keep away her anger. Angel needs to stay cool and soft so Sooyoung has to control her anger. Slowly, they let out a relief sigh when they saw Sooyoung’s face started to smooth down back.

“Thanks...” she smiled sheepishly towards Tiffany and Tiffany shook her head. “It’s nothing...you’re welcome...”

“I heard someone failed again...” they shifted their eyes towards where the melodic voice came and the Girls’ generation sisters landed their eyes on their mentor or leader, BoA. She curved up a broad smile as she walked approaching the girls.

“What now, Sooyoung ah? You didn’t manage to guide the human?” she started to ask her as Sooyoung exhaled heavily.

“I don’t know...she’s just being too stubborn...it’s not that I’m giving up but I’m running out of way to fix her...” Sooyoung explained to BoA and she nodded her head.

“Okay...it’s fine...just pray to our Father, seek for forgiveness so that he will let you go for failing this mission...I need to meet up with the Covenant now, discussing over this matter...” BoA said calmly to them and the girls nodded.

“Thank you, unnie...” Sooyoung bowed down to her but BoA chuckled and shifted her eyes back to Taeyeon.

“Are you coming with me?”

“Yes...but instead of having a discussion, how about sending Yuri away this time...I’m sure she is ready to handle a new task and she will be able to guide that problematic human...” Seohyun watched the two magneficient archangels, talking to each other. When an angel failed in its mission, the Covenant or a circle of archangels needed to find another angel to become a substitute and complete the mission immediately. It  was because every task given to the angels were wishes from their Father. They can’t decline it not to mention about ignoring it without being completed.

Seohyun kept herself silent as she heard Taeyeon was mentioning about Yuri. In Girls’ generation, Yuri was the strongest guardian angel. She never failed in her mission and every human guided under her will be the most pure human ever. She did her job very well, leading them to the God’s way and protecting the humans from getting involved in any harm. Surely she could finish the incomplete task left by Sooyoung no matter how stubborn the human was – Seohyun herself was positive about it. She agreed with Taeyeon’s suggestion but BoA shook her head.

“I understand that Yuri is the best guardian angel that we have but let’s meet up with Changmin and Yunho first...if they’re agree with it, then we can proceed with Yuri...plus, she hasn’t got back from Earth yet, right?” BoA replied and Taeyeon bit her lips, nodding slowly.

“Yeah...but I’m sure that she will complete her latest mission soon enough and be back here...” Taeyeon insisted with her idea until lastly, BoA smiled to her.

“Okay, okay...I know you’re worried...just take it easy...let’s talk more about it with the Covenant, okay?” BoA assured her and Taeyeon finally grinned.

“Excuse us...” Taeyeon looked back toward Seohyun and the rest before she disappeared with BoA.

“Aigoo...it’s hard to deal with human...” Sooyoung commented lazily and she swiftly folded her wings back under her shoulders’ blades. Hyoyeon nodded in agreement.

“Bingo! Sometimes humans can be so !” Tiffany frowned on her amused-teasing face.

“Would you mind not blaspheming?” Tiffany asked politely and it earned a chuckle from Hyoyeon while Yoona and Sooyoung broke into laughter together. Seohyun cracked a thin smile too but her jaw clutched sternly. Hyoyeon was another excellent guardian angel. She spent most of her time on Earth, guiding many humans because she was an easy going and a bit open-minded angel. She mingled well with humans so she was used to their weird and impolite terms. Even when her sisters found it amusing but Seohyun still had her thought on the human that failed by Sooyoung. Seohyun sighed and she stepped closer to Sooyoung.

“Unnie...may I know...why is the human...the one that under your care is so stubborn?” Seohyun slipped the question hesitantly from as she peered on Sooyoung through her anxious eyes. Sooyoung fell silence, she exchanged looks between Hyoyeon while Yoona and Tiffany frowned questioningly to their maknae.

“Em...I’m sure that it isn’t her choice to act stubborn...she is just an ordinary girl but...God destined her to live a harder life...” Sooyoung tried her best to give a simple but clear explanation to Seohyun. She gave her a nod before Seohyun walked back toward the roses nearby them.

“Poor her...she must be very lonely...” Seohyun commented, her voice thick in sympathy as she closed her eyes and prayed inside her heart. She hoped that the human girl will get a better guardian angel that can watch over her, protect her and guide her for betterment. A tear escaped from the corner of Seohyun’s eye before someone cleared his throat from behind the girls. Tiffany, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Yoona turned back towards the person and they caught sight of Changmin. The girls bowed down politely as a greeting and Changmin bowed back.

“Aren’t you supposed to see BoA and Taeyeon unnie?” Yoona was the first to start talking to him and he nodded with smile.

“Yes...I’m on my way now...” Changmin agreed, he stole a glance towards Seohyun, still deep in her prayer as she continued to cry over the poor human.

“Her feeling is so soft and sensitive...” Changmin thought inside his mind before he forced another smile for the girls and walked behind Seohyun to leave.

-Broken Arrow-

“So tell me everything that I missed out...” Changmin poked inside the deep conversation of Yunho, BoA and Taeyeon. The three tilted their heads towards him before BoA rolled her eyes.

“So much of being the leader inside this Covenant...coming late for a meeting is really a good example huh?” she sarcastically and the archangels broke into laugher. Changmin grinned playfully while taking his seat next to Yunho.

“Pardon me...I’ve something to deal with the M members...” he explained and Yunho raised his eyebrow.

“How about that? Did they find any clue on those fallen angels?” Yunho asked him, starting to sound interested in hearing the news about their long lost archangels. These angels were not cast out from the Heaven but they suddenly lost on Earth during their mission. For over thousands of years the rest of the angels in Heaven trying to search for them but it were now almost a million years since they were gone. Changmin shrugged.

“Not yet...aish, Yunho ah...don’t change the topic! I’m here to talk about Sooyoung and her cracked mission...so what do all of you think? Have anyone in mind to become her substitute?” Changmin landed his curious eyes from BoA to Taeyeon. The girls turned glancing to each other before Taeyeon swallowed down .

“I hope we could send Yuri...” she suggested and Changmin rested his elbows on the round table in front of them. He frowned as he thought over it for a while. Then Yunho nodded his head, staring at Taeyeon.

“Yes, I agree with you...Yuri is our best guardian angel...she can do it...” he added but Changmin clicked his tongue and shifted his eyes up toward Taeyeon.

“No...I don’t think she is the right person...” he insisted while BoA frowned to him.

“Then who is the right person to you?” BoA guessed, raising her own eyebrow on him as Yunho and Taeyeon waited for his answer patiently. Changmin kept silent for another minute until he finally exhaled heavily. He fixed his eyes straight on Taeyeon.

“Let Seohyun do it...let her be that human’s guardian angel...”

To be continued...


A very special thanks to my subscribers:

*icekyuream *nicetwomeetyou *anazirahs6729 *ica_aulia

*24Rere *Eycha_sk11 *glamzchic *hensyy

*koreanchick *seohyun10 *Seomate_seobaby *quynhanh

Thanks a lot for your support!!!

*bow*

Please leave your comment on this chapter and more subscribers perhaps??? Hehehe...^^