Chapter 15

Hate Turns Into Love (Arranged Love sequel)

Minho woke up a bit earlier than Krystal. When Krystal woke up, she didn't know Minho slept next to her that night. 

"Sulli said to meet her at the jacuzzi. She called me. Room #2." he lied. 

Krystal scratched her head. She looked at the gorgeous beach view through her window. 

"Mmm, ok,,.." She went to get ready. She wore shorts and a tank top. Her hair was tied up in a messy, high ponytail. She went to room #2. The steam filled up the room. She stepped in the hot water and felt calmed. 

Where is that girl? she thought. 

The door opened and Minho came in. He was wearing a muscle shirt. His muscular, ripped arms peeked out. 

"What are you doing here? I thought Sulli was supposed to come..." 

Minho went in. "I lied." Krystal got up. Minho grabbed her wrist. 

"Let go." He pulled her back and made her sit with him. 

"What do you want?" 

"Just stay." Her arms relaxed, but Minho still held on to her. She tilted her head back and let the steam hit her face. She closed her eyes. Minho looked at her and quietly studied her features. Her fair complexion was milky and soft. Her eyelashes curled up to the ceiling. Her nose was thin and tall, but not too tall. It was the perfect height, in his opinion. Her eyebrows were full and dark. He focused on them, and could tell they were real, because he could see each hair overlapping each other. Krystal was a beauty he had never seen before. He brushed a strand of her hair out of her face. She pretended to be asleep. 

Why is he touching me? she thought. Minho accidentally moved his arm and dropped his cell phone in the water. He picked it up. 

"Damn it!" He tried turning it on, but it was water-damaged.

After half an hour or so, Krystal got up. Minho followed her. They went back up to the hotel room. Minho changed his clothes first. He got out of the bathroom and Krystal went in to change. He was gonna go out of the room. He reached for the door knob and turned it. It didn't open. He rattled it and twisted it. It still didn't open. He shook it too hard and the door knob broke off. When Krystal was done, she came out. 

"Er...what happened to the doorknob?" Krystal asked.

"I broke it! On accident."

"How do you break a doorknob?" 

"It wouldn't open so I tried to open it and that's how it broke." he replied. He went  to the door. He tried pulling it open. 

"Now the door won't open. It's stuck! Only people from the outside can open. But no one can open it but us..." Minho said.

"Call one of the guys or Sulli." Krystal told him. 

"Can't. My phone got water-damaged." 

"Is there a hotel phone?" Krystal went to the nightstand. There was no telephone. 

"Why would there be a phone?" 

"In America, they have hotel phones...How are we gonna get out?" 

"Room service! Room service!" he exclaimed.

"You need a phone to CALL room service. Ottoke..." She sat on the bed. She cried out in despair and laid down. 

"They'll be looking for us, right? It's about lunch time and we ALWAYS eat together for lunch." Krystal asked. 

However, none of the boys or Sulli came to look for them. 

"Yah, where's Krystal and Mnho?" Jonghyun asked. 

"I told them this restaurant, so I don't know where they are." Key said. 

"Call Minho's cell phone." Sulli said. Taemin dialed his number. 

"THIS NUMBER IS CURRENTLY OUT OF SERVICE. PLEASE TRY DIALLING A DIFFERENT NUMBER. *beep*." 

"I think he changed his number." Taemin said.

"Maybe they want some alone time." O-new said. 

They continued eating. By nighttime, Minho and Krystal were still locked in their room. Minho sat on the couch. Krystal sat on the bed. Minho went to go sit next  to her. 

"Where were you born?" Minho suddenly asked. 

"America. San Francisco." she answered.

"You're not native?" 

"Nope." 

"Is that why you have an accent?" 

"I do?"

"Yeah, a heavy one." Krystal slapped him playfully. 

"Aren't people in San Francisco gay?" 

"There's a lot, but not ALL of them are homoual." she said. 

"You have a mom and a dad, right? Not two of each?" 

"Yes!" she exclaimed. 

"Where are they?" 

"My mom died before I was born. My dad said it was cancer. And he died in a fatal car accident when I was 10. So I moved to South Korea to live with my aunt. I remember everything about my dad. How he looked, acted, talked, treated people, everything ."

"What was he like?" Minho was curious about this life she lived. 

"He was very kind, caring, and funny. But sometimes, he's so stubborn. I remember how his eyes twinkled when he smiled. I remember how he surprised me on my birthdays. One day, when I was at home with the babysitter, one of my dad's friend's came to our house. She took me to the hospital. My dad was in critical condition, laying there, lifeless," A tear rolled down her face. She quickly wiped it away and sniffled. She sighed,"I stayed with my dad's friend in the room, holding my dad's hand until late at night. I heard a beep. Everything was over. My dad died. I remember how much I screamed 'APPA!' and cried. That night, I spent the night at the hospital. During the funeral, when my aunt came, she took me to South Korea." 

"I'm sorry." Minho saw himself crying at this tragic tale she told. 

"It's not your fault." Krystal also found herself shedding tears. Minho went over and wiped her tears. He hugged her and comforted her. She didn't refuse because she needed comfort. She rested her head on his chest. She hugged him back even tighter. 

"The driver was a drunk driver. But didn't even come to say sorry or attend the funeral or anything!" she was sobbing now. 

"It's ok. Let it all out." Minho said. She sighed and tried to stop crying. She tried changing the subject. 

"Ugh, I wonder when we can get out." her voice quivered. She wasn't as strong as she looked. Minho thought. Krystal eventually fell asleep. Minho slept with her and put a blanket over them.