The Frog Prince? Part 1

☀~♥~☂ A Twist In Fairytales [Apply Open Forever] ☀~♥~☂

 

This is the sequel of Taembelina but this is Minho's untold part, the Frog life's story.

 One fine evening, there was a horrid looking Frog hopping in at the window in which one pane was broken. The toad was known by the name Minho. Minho hopped straight down upon the table where Taembelina lay sleeping under the red rose-leaf.

"That would be a beautiful wife for me!" he said, believing that Taembelina was a female in some weird kind of folk. 
After laying his two big eyes to the sleeping little creature, Minho fell in love instantly, it was love at first sight as he concluded it but actually it wasn't, it was just hormones inside his slimy green body.

Raging hormones to be exact, Minho was now in his late adolescence stage and he was suffering from his raging hormones, he also have mood swings that could be very annoying and he's very impulsive too, he wanted something or to do something immediately, all of these weird conditions were the effects of being in the late adolescence phase. Though he was a frog, that couldn't stop him from having raging hormones.

Because of being impulsive and having a terrible mood swing Minho quickly took the wall-nut shell where Taembelina lay sleeping and he hopped down the garden. He put the wall-nut shell on the middle of the pond so that Taembelina couldn't get away from him.

A very idiotic smile lingered on the slimy face of Minho as he thought about his future with the little creature beside him. If he will marry Taembelina and the two of them will fall in love with each other, there's a big chance that the curse on Minho will be lifted and he will turn to his original form again. That's the reason why he kidnapped the poor Taembelina, it's the only way that he could think that will break the spell bonded in his body.

A bright warm morning came and at that time, Minho could already hear the weeping of his prison, Taembelina. He quickly went to him and started his speech, that Minho have rehearsed in the whole night and it didn't give him any time to sleep peacefully, he was so nervous to say those words to Taembelina, who he really thought was a girl. This is the first time Minho will confess his feelings to someone. He gulped and opened his mouth.

"I will be your husband and together we will live in the mud." He declared and took the little bed with Taembelina with it. After saying those words, Minho groaned inwardly, it wasn't suppose to be like that, it must be,

'I was almost about to lose my slime............................
Was still dreaming but feared it was too high...........
But then you came along to my surprise........!!!
And stole my slime before my very big eyes................................
When I'm together with you like this....................................
I feel like I have the whole pond.................................................................
Until the end of time, forever, I'll love you...Uh, what's your name again?'

Yet because of being impulsive, Minho forgot to say those words of affection to Taembelina and instead it became an intimidating command.

He was deep in thought because he made himself a foolish bad frog infront of the creature he likes. Minho was brainstorming of what to say or something that could tell that he was apologizing or he didn't mean to say those things to him. While carrying the wall-nut and deep in thought, Minho didn't notice that they were fishes assembling behind him to rescue the poor Taembelina and with a split second, the fishes gnawed away the stalk and the leaf swan down the pond.

Minho gaped at the sight infront of him, the fishes took away his future bride and they went justlike that. His big eyes blinked and blinked, justlike that. Time seemed to move quite fast that Minho didn't even had the chance to chase or swim just get Taembelina back. He stared at the moving waters and tears began to fall from his big slimy eyes. The only chance that will change his life and break the spell just went before his orbs.

Now, Minho turned his back and started swimming away from the scene of the crime or the kidnapping spot. He decided that life must go on despite the fact that his future bride dumped him; he could still breathe and hop without Taembelina though. Being a frog was not that bad according to Minho's latest experience, he could swim, catch insects, he's green and could use some camouflage, blend with nature and the best part was his tongue, it was really long and he was proud of that.

A year later.

A year changed Minho's perspective in life, he was still impulsive though yet he became more aggressive than usual and the hope that someday he will find someone that will love him and break the curse that's within him, still lingered and was glued in his mind. He changed his habitat from the garden's pond, where he was dumped, to the woodland. He concluded that if he would stay in the garden the thought of Taembelina would never leave his mind so, he was now living his frog's life inside the woods, where a spring was located.

...

A sunny day came, the sun shone brightly and the birds were chirping at its best high above the trees. It was summer and a young princess came skipping her way to the woods. She was the youngest of the five princesses in their kingdom and her royal parents named her Yoongmun. Yoongmun continued to skip by herself, her older siblings decided not to accompany her for they were tired after the ball last night.

She spotted a spring and thought it would be refreshing to sit next to it and so, she went there and relaxed herself. 
She opened her bag and took her PSP, she was watching videos of Boyfriend and when the face of Jo Kwangmin was focused on the screen, she screamed and she started collapsing. After the weird action she did upon seeing the face of Kwangmin she went to watch the video again.

For the second time when Kwangmin appeared on the screen, Yoongmun began shrieking and her PSP slipped on her hand and it went into the spring.

FLUSH

There goes the PSP, into the water.

Yoongmun blinked and blinked, her PSP just jumped into the water justlike that. The princess looked into the spring after her PSP, but it was very deep, so deep that she could not see the bottom of it. She began to cry, that was her favorite plaything and besides it was Water Proof so, she could still use it.

"OMO! If I could only get my preciousss back! My precious water proof PSP, I would give all my fine clothes and jewels, and everything that I have in the world."

While Yoongmun was having her ballad, Minho put its head out of the water, and said, "Princess, why do you weep so bitterly?"

"Aigoo!" Yoongmun exclaimed, "A talking frog! Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Ewwness!!!"

Yoongmun never seen one of those before yet she was not afraid or anything at all. "What can you do for me, you nasty frog? My Water Proof PSP has fallen into the spring." and she pointed into the water.

Minho's eyes glittered as he thought of something. That's a princess and she might help him break the spell. He smiled in his own frog of way and started bargaining to her.

"I don't want your pearls, jewels, and fine clothes; Actually, I don't want you... Just kidding!" Minho began and laughed at his lame joke, he looked at Yoongmun who was glaring down at him, "Seriously, but if you will love me, and let me live with you and eat from your golden plate, and sleep on your bed, I will bring you your PSP back."

"There's a lot of 'and' in that, you nasty looking Frog" Yoongmun observed and she started thinking.

'What nonsense!' thought the princess, 'This silly frog is talking! What on earth is happening to frogs and toads these days?' She asked herself yet the answer she waited for didn't came,

 'Hmm... That Frog must be out of his slimy green mind! Of course, he can never even get out of the spring to visit me, that's for sure though he may be able to get my PSP... Alright! I will tell the ugly looking thing that he shall have what he asks. I'm so clever!!!'

Yoongmun, after contemplating, started her plan, fooling the frog. "Well... If you will swim down and get my PSP, I will do all you ask, Mr. Frog"

Then Minho put his head down, and dived deep under the water; and after a little while he came up again, with the water proof PSP in his mouth, and he threw it on the edge of the spring.

"My preciousss!!!" she exclaimed.

As soon as the young princess saw her beloved PSP, she ran to pick it up. She was so overjoyed to have it in her hand again; she will once again watch the videos of Kwangmin. She smiled mischievously and went running away from the spring, there's no way she will obey Minho's commands.

Minho's big eyes widened again, this is the second time he was dumped. The Princess have agreed that Minho will get the PSP back for her and as a payback she will do all his biddings yet based on the scene that happened infront of his eyes, it was all a lie.

Minho tried to swim fast, faster and run fast, faster to catch up with Yoongmun yet he was out of practice, so he just called maybe the princess might look back.

"Stay, princess... Uh, what's your name again?!!!" He yelled "Princess with no name, take me with you as you've said!!!"

But she did not stop to hear a word. She continued to run with an evil smile on her face. Take that Frog!

Minho stopped on his tracks and stared at the running figure of the unknown princess. He opened his mouth and said:

"Dear Readers and subscribers, I've edited the foreword of this fiction. Please go and read it for a lot of information has been posted there. Hurry!!!"

...

Part Two will be posted in due time...

-One of the Fishes.