The Trail Of Bread Crumbs

☀~♥~☂ A Twist In Fairytales [Apply Open Forever] ☀~♥~☂

 

  Cloud went striding on her way to the tree where talan 7 was spotted. She just finished yet another one of her assignments and that to make a oneshot about a house made of bread and candies and she was now off to deliver it to her requestor. She climbed her way to the top of the great mallorn tree. It was stated before that her broom was forgotten so, she has no choice but to climb all the way up.

Upon arrival to the talan 7 or was called as fleet in the common tongue, she knocked the door for three times. A girl opened the door and popped her head out. A charming smile was on her face as soon as she saw Cloud due to the knowledge she possess that whenever you see a mischievous witch infront of your door, a oneshot or more was made for you.

"Good morning HinataSnow" Cloud greeted, "Your request is here now. Here's the Onbook, read it after you settled yourself inside your fleet". HinataSnow cheered and took 50 bucks from her pocket and urged Cloud to take it.

"No, no. I couldn't" Cloud humbly stated, "It's my duty to fulfill your request dearest" And she turned her back on her. Cloud was about to go when her animal side persuade her to take the money because she didn't have any and based from the previous chapter, her 100 bucks was gone.

"On second thought" Cloud went back and accepted the money. HinataSnow opened her delivered Onbook as soon as she sat on her chair.


 There was a town built near the Marbadden Forest, it was small and dubious and it's named as Banana Bread Town. Due to the low exchange rate of won overseas and in the international market, the country of South Korea went down the hill and it cause a lot of poverty all over and the small unlikely Banana Bread Town was also affected. A great famine came and people with chinky eyes began to starve and some end up dead. The family of Kim was one of the million families who are starving because of the dearth cause by the low exchange rate.

The poor family no longer has eight meals a day, they only got seven and that's breakfast, second breakfast, eleven seasons, lunch, afternoon tea, supper and dinner. Yes, they are still starving with that. They could no longer afford the eighth meal which is midnight snack because the father, the co-head of the family is only a woodcutter. Jonghyun the woodcutter, has two sons with his former wife, Rinhyo, who died in a traumatic state because she couldn't eat midnight snack, the most important meal of the day. After the burial day of his former wife, Jonghyun decided to have a partner again so that he have another pair of hand in raising his two sons and this time he chosen to have a forbidden relationship with another woodcutter named Key and both of them started living with their unconventional bliss.

Young and innocent, the two sons of Jonghyun agreed to have Key as their umma eventhough it's so obvious that he's in the same gender with Jjong. Key has an upper hand in the family, he's the head and Jonghyun followed all his commands. Unknown to the father, Key maltreated Minho and Taemin, the fair children of Jjong because he thinks that those two could only disturb the outlawed relationship of JongKey.

"2min must die! 2min must die!" Key wished everytime he went to the wishing well. 2min is the nickname of Taemin and Minho and often people called them like that.

One day, the famine gone worst. The Kim family only have six meals a day, dinner was remove to their meals yet supper was still on duty and because of that Key, another woodcutter became selfish, it's not that he's not selfish, he's now beyond selfish, he's egocentric and he ordered Jonghyun to get rid of his sons so that there's fewer mouths to feed.

"Yeobo! How can you say that?!" Jonghyun exclaimed making all the beings inside their little wooden house jumped slightly. "They are my sons. 2min is my preciousss!"

"And they are not mine!" Key retorted while looking down at Jjong, remembering him that he's taller than him. "Jjong, we don't have any decent jobs, we're just woodcutters! Illegal woodcutters! How can we live and fight the grim reaper if we are starving? We have to eat 8 meals a day in order to live and your 2min is one hell of a problem with that!"

Jonghyun listened to what Key was yelling. The both of them will be added to the pile of deceased bodies that died in starvation if they couldn't eat eight meals a day. Jonghyun walked back and forth, contemplating if he'll agree to Key, if they will get rid of the 2min they can eat the minimum food requirements and the grim reaper won't visit them however if the 2min stays in the house, they are all going to die. ‘It's better to save two lives than saving no one, right?’ Jonghyun thought and gave Key his official agreement.

Key cheered in happiness that he couldn't help but jump and hugged Jonghyun romantically, "I know you love me yeobo" Key smiled and told Jonghyun the plan. "Tomorrow, when we go illegal cutting we'll bring YOUR precious 2min along and in there we'll play hide and seek and after that we'll go tree climbing and we'll eat bananas!"

Jonghyun stared very hard at Key. "Seriously? I thought you wanted to get rid of them". Key laughed, "I'm just kidding Jjong. Here's the plan, when we go illegal cutting the next day, we'll bring YOUR precious 2min along and in there we will play hide and seek. Let your babies count up to a million then we'll hide falsely but actually we will leave them while we go celebrate our victory in the nearest Bar House."

Jonghyun nodded eventhough he's very uneasy about it. He knew that his sons have no idea the way home from the forest so basically tomorrow 2min will lost in the woods and Key would be very glad. Jjong and his abusive live-in-partner continued talking about their bright future without the young and innocent 2min.

Unknown to them, on the second floor where the children's bedroom was built, Taemin and Minho overheard the conversation of Key and Jonghyun about getting rid of them. At first, Minho thought that it was all a prank but when he heard about the Bar House, he knew it was all true while Taemin has no idea what's going on. Everytime Key talked with Bar House in it, it was true and a negative effect along with it. And this time the negative effect was pointed at them.

"Hyung, we're going to play hide and seek tomorrow with appa and surrogate umma!" Taemin stated with glee, completely naive to the horrible fate they are going to face. Minho shook his head, "It's not just playing dongsaeng, it's getting rid of us" And so, the older brother one by one explained to the infantile Taemin the horrid scheme of Key.

Minho threw his arms around his younger brother, comforting him with all his strength. Taemin couldn't believe that his own father will do that thing to him. His heart was in great grief, it all started when Key set foot on their house. Now, Minho while ceasing the pain that Taemin felt was thinking of a good way on how they could avoid being lost in forest tomorrow. Within a blink of an eye, an idea came to him. That evening when Key and Jonghyun had gone to bed to sleep, Minho silently snuck out from the house and hurriedly gathered as many white pebbles as he could have and then he went to their sleeping quarters reassuring Taemin that tomorrow they would not be in vain.

The day that Key's been waiting for came. It was mid-morning when the whole Kim family went to the woodland. Key and Jonghyun brought their chainsaw for the illegal cutting of trees, their infamous deforestation project while Minho and Taemin brought quietly with them the white pebbles. Whilst walking, Minho laid a trail of pebbles on the paths they are passing. Key's glee was noticeable as he led the family deeper into the forest, just a few moments their malicious plan will took place.

"Agiyas!" Key turned around facing his household with a pleasant facade yet behind that face a mischievous smile was hidden. "Let's play sui- hide and seek!" Taemin was about to jump in excitement when suddenly Minho gave him a look, remembering him about the twist behind that game so, the poor Taemin just nodded melancholy.

"Because we are your PARENTS, we'll be the ones who will hide!" Key explained getting perky, "Now, count up to a million! Don't peek! Jjong, let's hide!". Taemin excitedly leaned on the tree's trunk and began counting however Minho followed what Key told them to do but his eyes were eyeing them silently.

"1... 2... 3... 4... 5..." Taemin counted with enthusiasm. Key let Jonghyun carried the chainsaw while they run and started abandoning the two. "To the Bar House" Key whispered to his partner in crime.

Evening came and two were still inside the forest with Taemin exhaustedly counting. Minho sighed at his brother’s dumbness.

"999, 998... 999,999... 1,000,000! Here we go!" Taemin turned around to see the dark surroundings with Minho staring at him. "Where's appa, hyung?", Minho just patted his head and then motioned Taemin to follow his league. The moon illuminated the white pebbles which shone like newly-coined silver pieces. They walked the whole night long, and by the break of the day came once more to their father's house. They knocked the door and Key opened it with a horrified look. "You came back?! I mean, I'm so glad you came home! I thought I lost you two". Minho rolled his eyes and the two brothers went inside the house. Jonghyun rejoiced, for it had cut him to the heart to leave them behind alone.

Days passed by and the scarcity gone beyond worst, the family only eat three meals a day and that made Key very angry. Key planned another sinister scheme and Jonghyun agreed to it again. Minho listened to it silently and prepared to leave to get some more pebbles when night comes but to his dismay when twilight came, he found the door was locked. He couldn't get out and it's impossible to escape.

Another glorious day for obnoxious Key arrived, his baneful plan taking in action as the whole family went to the forest for the second time this month. Jonghyun lead the group inside yet farther than before while on the way, Minho took a slice of bread and left a trail of bread crumbs for them to follow home later. Key urged the folks to play hide and seek again with the 2min counting up to a million justlike yesterday.

Unfortunately, after their selfish parents abandoned them, Minho found out that the trail of breads crumbs were gone, that the crows been eating the crumbs and with no more ado, they are officially lost in the middle of the woods. Taemin started crying while Minho was trying hard not to do same, he must be strong for the sake of his younger brother.

They walked and walked, maybe if they keep walking, they will soon find the way out. After years of exaggerated frolicking inside the woodland, the two young brothers came into the deepest part of the forest. In there, a very implausible house stood, it was so enticing in the eyes considering it is made of confectioneries. The walls were made of gingerbread, cakes with window panes of clear sugar. The pathway to the infrastructure is made of sweets that looked like pebbles. There's chocolate flowers blooming on the green bush and sort of pastries hanging like a vine.

"Hyung, thank you for bringing me in paradise"


...


"That's it? Where's the ending?" HinataSnow muttered as she scanned the Onbook. She left her hanging. Cloud nearly forgotten that she only handed HinataSnow the part one of her request. The young witch was now pondering whether she would climb again to deliver the part two or not to her. Her animal side won, so Cloud continued her walk to her fleet.

"Her request can wait. I will deliver it next time for I'm going to read some Haldiromance for now"


-Cloud, the exhausted witch.