The Break Up

Wrong Number

 

****Minho POV****

“Hey, Minho!” people greeted me. I waved and smiled as I walked down the hallway.

Today was just like any day. I was walking to my girlfriend’s class to pick her up, like usual.

I walked toward the door and saw Ae Sook walk out with a frustrated face.

“Minho oppa~!”

“What’s wrong, baby?” She clings to me and pouts.

“Don’t you remember?” She snaps. I feel a light flick in my mind.

“Oh, yeah!” I quickly pull her towards a class room. We see a man sitting in the room.

“Choi Minho, you’re late. Are you ready for your exam?”

I nodded. I threw my sweater to the floor and went to the middle of the room. The music started to play as I felt a smile spread on my face.

Dance Time.

“That was amazing! We’ll call if you made it in! Good job.” I nodded and saw Ae Sook offer me a towel.

“Good Job.” She stated. I smiled and kissed her forehead. She pouted.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?”

“You messed up twice in your routine.” Ae Sook said, “You said you had practiced.”

“I did.” I stood in front of her and smiled, “It was just two mistakes! I’m in no rush to be an idol, either.”

“You won’t be known if you don’t make it in this business.”

We walk silently to the cafeteria as we see my friends sitting at the benches.

“Minho! Ae Sook!” Taemin walks up to us as Ae Sook smiles.

“Hey.” Ae Sook reaches for my hand as she pulls me to sit down.

“So…” Key said awkwardly as, "Have you guys thought about it?"

"You have to go! Anyone who's anyone will be there!" Jonghyun said as all our friends circled us.

I look at Ae Sook expectantly as she shook her head.

"Sorry, guys." I say, "I can't go. I need to practice my dance routine."

Ae Sook comes up to me and kisses my cheek.

Well, I might not be able to go to the party but at least I can make my girlfriend happy.

I pulled her into my arms but she pulled away once her phone started ringing.

"Sorry, I have to take this." She quickly walks to the bathroom, my friends look at me.

"Are you really happy like this?" Onew looks at me, "It seems like she only comes and goes when she feels like it."

"Of course!" I smile, "She is my girlfriend!"

I felt my stomach grumble as I frowned.

Man, I'm hungry. I can really go for cookies. And what goes better with cookies than...

"Milkis!~" I jump up. My friends laugh as I walk off to the vending machine.

To my surprise, someone had already beaten me to the vending machine. I see the can come down as I stare shocked.

“Oh, you like Milkis too?” 

No one at this school does!

She turns around confused. I laugh as she nods shyly to me. I insert the money and push the button as my can comes out.

“Aww, not Banana!" I whine as I look down at the girl's drink, "I really wanted melon."

I wonder if she got the hint that I want hers.

“I have melon. I wanted Banana so is it okay to trade?” she holds the drink out towards me as a smile crawls on my face.

I look up as I see her face.

Do I know her?

She has long dark hair and big brown eyes. She wasn't someone I exactly knew, but I know I've seen her face somewhere before.

“Are you sure?” I say, hesitating to take her drink.

“Of course,” she smiles. We both extend our hands ready to trade drinks.

A hand suddenly appears in between us and knocks down both our drinks.

“Minho stop putting trash in your system,” Ae Sook tells me. “You know you shouldn’t do that.”

“But Ae Sook…” I start saying, but am interrupted.

“Let’s go.” Ae Sook grabs my hand as she pulls me outside to the parking lot.

"Drinking Milkis is good for you. I don't see why you get mad when I drink it." I pout and begin to lean close for a kiss but she quickly pulls away.

"Minho, we have to talk."

I look at her confused as she sighs.

"You really are dense, aren't you?" she sighed once again as she started to talk, " Do you remember that guy who auditioned before you did in the dance auditions?"

"Yeah." I say, "What about him?"

"HE got a call back today."

"What!?" I say excitedly, "No way! That's great!"

"He also asked me out today."

I felt my heart drop and smile fade as I started to laugh in disbelief.

"But you did deny it. Right, baby?"

"..."

"Are you serious?"

"It was nice while it lasted, but I need a man who actually has a future."

"Ae Sook... I love..."

"Bye, Choi Minho."

She walks off as I am left speechless. It was too overwhelming to believe. Tears rand down my face but i didn't move an inch.

"Hey, we're leaving! Have to get ready for the party~." Taemin pats my back but suddenly jumps when he sees my pink eyes, "Minho!? Are you okay?"

"Hey, Taemin. Can I go to that party?"

...

It was night and we were barely pulling up at Aron's house. I hadn't been to a party like this since I was single. I looked down at my clothes that Taemin picked out as I sighed.

"Ae Sook didn't like purple."

"Well, you're not with her anymore! Minho, you have to be happy! You're free! Come on, let's go!"

Taemin was stuck with me for the first five minutes, but was taken away by his friends. I sat in the kitchen alone as Aron approached me.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Not really." I said, "I'm going through a lot."

"Well I know something that will help you through your troubles." Aron winks at me as he pulls out a pack of beer from his fridge, "Here, drink while they're still fresh!"

A voice called his name from the other room as he walked off. I was left alone in the room with 12 cans of beer.

I look at the drinks hesitantly but finally give in.

Well, one drink won't hurt.

...

Everything was moving. I tipped the can over trying to get the last drops but it was all gone. I threw the can in the pile as I cursed. 

"I bet Ae Sook wouldn't want me to drink like this..." I felt a wave of depression hit me as I walked off to the balcony.

No wonder she broke up with me, look what I do. I should be practicing my routine...

"I'll call her one last time." I whisper to myself as I pull out my cell phone and dial a number. A voice finally answers.

"Hello?"

"Hey, you." I said to Ae Sook as I tried to keep my cool.

"Who is this?"

"Don't play dumb with me!" I yell.

"I think you have the wrong number. Good bye."

"No! No! no." I plead as  Ae Sook stays on the other line, "Let me sing you one last song."

 

The line goes silent. I take a deep breath and begin to sing.

“In case you go far away, in case you might dislike me. I wanted to tell you but my lips
would not move. Without knowing, I call your name. When I see you, my heart trembles
from the start, I was attracted to your eyes. It’s been a while since I started liking you.”

My voice begins to crack, but I continue to sing.

“In case you go far away, I am scared. What if our relationship gets really awkward
and we grow far apart?”

It was getting harder and harder to stay awake. I guess it was time to accept it. Ae Sook was no longer mine.

“I guess this is goodbye,” I said, as tears ran down my cheeks. I quickly hung up and fell on the cold tile floor. My eyes closed shut as I fell asleep.

 

(A/N: UPDAAAAAAAATE. ^^ I hope you guys liked it! Next will be another Sulli's POV! Hope you like the story so far! Feedback is appreciated! Thank you for reading~

Gwang1)