The Phone Call

Wrong Number

 

****Sulli POV****

The bell rings and I head towards the classroom exit.

“Wait for me,” Krystal tells me. I stand next to the door.

“Hurry,” I tell her.

Someone pushes me against the wall. I look up and see Ae Sook dashing out the door.

“Minho oppa~!” Ae Sook yells while clinging onto our senior.

“Picture perfect couple,” Krystal says while helping me stand up straight again.

“I guess. I’m hungry. Let’s get lunch,” I tell Krystal.

We walk towards the cafeteria. We grab our food and find our friends.

“So are you guys going or no?” Amber asks.

“Where?” I sit down.

“You haven’t heard of the big party going on tonight at Aron’s?” Luna asks.

“We’re going right?” Victoria turns to look at me.

I nod no. “No I don’t think so. I have singing lessons till eight.”

“This is the third lesson this week,” Krystal says while taking bite off her sandwich.

“I’m committed,” I tell them. Krystal coughs and I pat her on the back. “Want me to go get you a drink?”

Krystal nods yes. I get up and head towards the vending machine. I press the button and a bottle of “Milkis” rolls down. I grab it and straighten my back.

“Oh, you like Milkis too?” a voice comes from the side.

I turn and find Minho, a kingka, smiling at me.

Is Minho talking to me? I don’t usually like talking to kingkas, so what do I say?

I nod yes awkwardly as he chuckles. He inserts the money and pushes the button.

“Aww not Banana,” Minho says. He turns and faces me. I look at the flavor of my drink and see Minho also staring. “I really wanted melon.”

I sigh and turn to face him. “I have melon. I wanted Banana so is it okay to trade?” I hold the drink towards him.

Minho looks at my drink then me. A big smile spreads on his face.

“Are you sure?” Minho asks.

“Of course,” I smile. We both extend our hands ready to trade drinks.

A hand suddenly appears in between us and knocks down both our drinks.

“Minho stop putting trash in your system,” Ae Sook tells him. “You know you shouldn’t do that.”

“But Ae Sook…” Minho starts saying, but is interrupted.

“Let’s go.” Ae Sook grabs his hand and walks off.

I look down at both our drinks and pick them up. I slowly walk back to my friends.

“Why did you take long?” Victoria asks.

“Long line?” I says unsurely.

Krystal grabs a drink then looks at the other. “Why did you get two?”

“For whoever wants it,” I say.

Amber reaches out and grabs it. She starts opening it, but her phone rings. “It’s Aron. He is probably going to ask if we’re going.”

“Yoboseyo?” Amber answers. “I think we’re going after we have dinner later.”

Amber hangs up and everyone looks at me.

“No I’m not going,” I tell them. “Have extra fun for me.”

We finish eating and Luna drives me home.

“Good luck in singing classes,” Luna says while I open the door to get out.

“Have fun,” I tell her.

I open the door of my house and walk in.

Singing lessons, yeah right. Even a singer needs some time alone. I laugh to myself.

I run to the kitchen and grab a box of cookies, popcorn and soda. I walk over to my living room couch and sit down.

“This week on…” The TV says as I turn it on. I open the box cookies.

-Several hours later-

“Thank you for watching this week’s marathon.” I turn of the TV with the remote.

“Gosh that was good,” I say while wiping my tears away.

I reach to grab some more junk food, but realize it’s all gone. I get up sighing as I walk to check on the time.

“Wow it’s late,” I say to myself out loud. “I wonder how the party is going.”

I bet they’re having fun. It’s not that I didn’t want to go, but I can’t stand pretty guys hanging all over me. Either way there was a good marathon tonight and I couldn’t miss that.

I walk over to my mess and start picking up. My phone rings. I answer it expecting my friends’ voices since they’re the only ones that seem to have my number.

“Hello?” I answer.

“Hey you,” I hear a guy say in an upset tone.

“Who is this?” I ask.

“Don’t play dumb with me,” The guy answers.

“I think you have the wrong number,” I say as I pull the phone away. “Goodbye.”

“No! No! no.” his desperate voice comes through the phone. “Let me sing you one last song.”

I stay quiet as he starts singing.

“In case you go far away, in case you might dislike me. I wanted to tell you but my lips
would not move. Without knowing, I call your name. When I see you, my heart trembles
from the start, I was attracted to your eyes. It’s been a while since I started liking you.”

I hear his voice begin to crack, but he continued to sing. I want to hang up, but something about his voice stops me. I put my ear close to the phone. His beautiful voice draws me in.

“In case you go far away, I am scared. What if our relationship gets really awkward
and we grow far apart?”

The phone line becomes silent. I can hear his heavy breathing.

“I guess this is goodbye,” he says while crying.

The phone call ends. My ear still remains stuck to the phone. His beautiful sorrowful voice continues to play in my head. What a voice, but who’s the owner?

 

A/N- I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! I 

want to hear what you guys think so comments

are accepted(: There are two people working on 

this story. My name Gwang2 so when I update my 

author's note will be purple.

-Gwang2