Chapter 1: The Hospital Visit

Is Love Fate?

 

It was one of Hana's longer visits and it lasted about a week. Hana always miss schools in short or longer intervals, depending on however bad her hearts starts to contract. Hana became a wallflower when she found out that there was no cure. Besides that, only her teachers know about her illness. Hana was laying on the hospital bed waiting for the doctor to come to her room to examine her.  She knew what the doctor was going to say, he tells her every time, "we will try to find a cure for your rare disease. We just need to observe your conditions a bit more." 

 

She was waiting on the hospital bed. She became bored but she couldn't fall asleep because of the pain in her heart was hurting too much. The doctor finally arrived and injected pain killed in her IV pouch. He said, "We may have a cure for your heart disease but it is very risky and it does involve surgery. After the surgery, we must observe you after the surgery to see if there will be any major problems. We will let you think about the surgery and it is free because of the risk we are taking to have the surgery. Tomorrow we will examine your body and prepare for surgery if you want it."

 

Hana was quite surprise that they have found a cure; even if it was risky it didn't matter because she will join her family in heaven. Hana immediately agreed to the surgery and after a few minutes, she fell asleep.

 

--------

Hana was dreaming but her dream felt so real that she thought she was awake. In her dream she met a boy named Park Jaehyung and he told her what is her fate. Park Jaehyung took her through a tour of her life. Her happy childhood, to her sad preteen years, the finally though her high school life when she practically became silent and isolated. 

 

"You should have make friends. Your life would have been a bit brighter. Soon you might go through a risky surgery that may take your life away. Do you believe in fate or soul mates?" He asked her.

 

"No, I don't because would fate really want me to be lonely throughout my life when I really needed company? It shouldn't have!" Hana told him angrily.

 

"But what if fate gave you something you would love and cherish more than your relatives and parent combined?"

 

"What would that be? My rare heart disease? I was diagnose when I was 6 and I had my parents to take care of me! Now I have no one!" 

 

"That is not true. You have him," Jaehyung told her while showing her a picture of the Seungri High's dancing machine. 

 

"What does that guy have to do with me? I don't even know him."

 

"He is your classmate and soulmate. If you die, he will always feel empty and will never be able to truly love someone except you."

"I don't talk to that boy! My surgery is in a few weeks and I might die then and there...."

"You cannot put a time on love."

Then Hana's dream blurred out.

 

-------

Kai was in the hospital visiting his grandma and he was sleeping over t the hospital the same night Hana was staying. He went out of his grandma's room to stretch and he saw a room with the name 'Lee Hana (18)'. Kai knows who she is, she is the wallflower in his math class. 

 

"Lee Hana," he said out loud. 

 

A nurse walked by and heard Kai, "Do you know her?"

 

He began to think, did he know her? "She is my classmate," he told the nurse. 

 

"Watch out for her, okay? She is so kind and sweet but she has that rare heart disease that we cannot cure," then the nurse began to walk away.

 

Kai was quite surprise and he quietly walked into Hana's room an heard her heart beat slowing down. Actually a little too slow, he began to panic and he called a nurse to help. 

 

The nurse began injecting liquids into the IV and slowly Hana's heartbeat went back to normal.

 

Then Hana woke up and the first thing she saw was Kai.

 

"Oh my god, stupid Jaehyung oppa," she muttered.

 

"Are you okay? I am Kim Jongin but you can call me Kai, if you like."

 

"Hi... I am Lee Hana. You go to Seungri High right? The dancing machine…?"

 

“Ah… Yes, I am the dancing machine. You are kind of a wallflower right? You are in my math class and we also went to middle school together.”

 

“Oh. It is nice to meet you but if you don’t mind, can you leave so I can go back to sleep?”

 

“Oh! N-n-no problem. Sorry I came in here without your permission.”

 

“It is fine. I will see you at school. Bye.”

 

Then Kai left to accompany his grandma and he felt content when meeting Hana. He actually smiled while thinking about Hana.