TOP's Past

Meant 2 Be Forever (BOOK 2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TOP’s POV

 

I was busy at the car shop making decisions on the new advertising strategy we’re planning to do when my secretary’s voice spoke in my intercom.

 

“Sir, you have a call on line 1. It’s from your mother.” She said.

 

“Thank you, I’ll take the call.” I answered and then picked up my phone and pressed 1.

 

“Mom?” I asked.

 

“Seung hyun…” Yes that’s my name.

 

I’ve been using Top since I live on my own and it’s the name my friends call me at home as well; but for my parents, I’ll only be Seung hyun.

 

“How are you mom?” I asked. I’m wondering why she called.

 

“Seunghyun, I need you to come home. Your Dad is not really well and I need you here. We missed you” She explained.

 

“Of course mom… I’ll get a flight early tomorrow. You take care of yourself okay. I’ll be there.” I told her; she never calls me like this before, something must be up for her to ask me to come home.

 

“Okay. Travel safely, I love you. Bye” and then she finished the call.

 

 

I immediately told my secretary to book a flight for me and then I call the radio station to tell them of my emergency.

 

I then thought of Sandy, I took my phone out and dialed her number.

 

“Hello?” she answered.

 

“Hi babe! What are you doing?”

 

“Nothing much.Why did you call? You missed me right?” she teased.

 

I chuckled. This is one of Sandy’s random moments. She’s not really the teasing type, and when she does it I can’t help but be amused.

 

I decided to back.

 

“No… actually I thought you’re missing me so I decided to call to save you the trouble.”  I answered smiling foolishly.

 

“Conceited!” she murmured. I laughed out loud.

 

“Okay, honestly… besides because I miss you, I just want to tell you I’m leaving for a couple of days… maybe even more.” I told her as I stood up and walk over the window.

 

“Oh…” I heard sadness in her voice. “Where are you going?”

 

“Home…There seems to be a family emergency.” I told her.

 

“Okay… if that’s the case, be careful then. Call me when you get there.”

 

”Yes ma’am… I’ll miss you. Sorry if I won’t be able to visit you later. I’ll have to finish a lot of work here and then I’ll be packing my bags so I’ll be ready for tomorrow.” I told her as I moved back to my seat.

 

“I’ll miss you too. Bye” she said then hangs up.

 

I placed my phone back in my pocket. I sat back on my chair and rest my head back.

 

It’s been too long since I came home.

 

Flashback:

 

13 years ago. Top = 12years old

 

Top’s POV

 

My parents brought home a girl in our house. I saw her clutching a big doll as if it’s about to be snatch away from her.

 

My mom took one of her hands and took her to the second floor; I suppose to show her her room.

 

My father called me to his study.

 

“Seung hyun… I have to tell you something important.” He told me as I sat in the chair in front of his table.

 

“Yes father.”  I answered; anxious on what I was about to hear, am I to have a new sister? An adopted one?

 

“That little girl you’ve seen earlier, she’ll be living here with us for a long while. She’s the daughter of a close friend… a very close friend. But unfortunately they’re dead.” This is the first time I saw my father look so down. That friend seems to be really impo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter