First mission- Riddle

Zero Escape

Dujun's p.o.v

As the voice announced that we would die if our time ran out Hyuna started crying placing her head in between her knees. Leejoon stared at me. " Go" I mouthed gesturing him. He went and hugged her. She continued to cry in his arms as he stroaked her hair. My anger started boiling. How could they capture someone so young and fragile like her. All of a sudden the speaker came on and a door opened.

" What should we do?"- Leejoon.

" Your only goal is to escape" the voice said.

" Let's go" I said darkly.

As we walked in the door closed behind leaving us in the familiar room with metal walls but there were two doors on the opposite side. I looked at my watch only 29:48 left. What could be so bad that it needs half a hour . I opened the first door and it also had metal walls. There was two glass doors and a exit sign on top.

" That was easy" Hyuna said.

We walked in to see a portrait of a fish hanging on the wall.

" Is there something behind it?" Leejoon asked.

" Nothing" I said.

" Let's just get out" Hyuna said impatiently.

" It's locked" Leejoon said.

" Should we just break the glass?" Hyuna suggested and I shook my head.

" We need a four digit code" Leejoon said. Annoyed, I looked at my watch 21:14

"We only have 20 minutes left" I said worried.

" We can't guess it has to be here.." Hyuna was interupted by the voice.

" Just so you know only two of you will come out" 

We all stayed quiet looking at each other, horrified that knowing one of us won't come out. After a long period of silence and processing my thoughts I remembered that we are timed 10:54

" Only ten minutes left, better one then three"

" Let's try the other room" Hyuna suggested and Leejoon walked away.

" Hyuna, we should be together. I hate to leave Leejoon, but we have to survive" not being able to speak. Hyuna nodded.

" Good" I said.

" Dujun, Hyuna!" Leejoon screamed.

" Coming" I said. In the room was a table with a phone, book on it and a locker. We searched and there was nothing else. 7:18 left. Hyuna stopped and looked at the book. It was about a moth like species called Tyrims. They were poisonus species that swarmed their prey. Hyuna found a paper in the book with the numbers 7921.

" That's it" I was so happy now that my survival was guarenteed.I rushed to the exit and entered the code 7-9-2-1. I was so angry when it said incorrect. I tried the locker and it was incorrect.

" What now?" I yelled in fustration to Hyuna who was talking to Leejoon. She turned to me with sadness.

" Try the phone" she said quietly. Picking up the phone I entered 7-9-2-1

" Good job" the voice from the phone said. " Now a riddle. What is as cold as death, lives without breath, has shinning armor and does not clink?" The call ended. As seconds started passing I lost hope.

" Is it a fish?" Leejoon asked and I nodded.

" Yeah!" I screamed. Immediatly I took the portrait and smashed it finding the numbers 9820 on the back.

" 9820!" I screamed to Hyuna seeing there was only 1:27

She and Leejoon bolted out. I entered exactly as the glass doors opened and a swarm of Tyrims came out. I punched Leejoon in the stomach and Hyuna hugged me.

" I'm sorry" she whispered kicking me. I fell backward, shocked as Leejoon and Hyuna entered the room. I can't beleive I actually started liking her and then she goes and betrays me. The swarm of Tyrims engulfed me as my tears blinded my vision forever..