Be my...

I...love...yo---

 

After seeing you off, Lu Han and Jonghyun went on their way to go home. This time, Lu Han was driving since he was the one who borrowed the car. They were driving in silence when Lu Han spoke.

 

            “You know, I don’t think I can do this bet anymore”, he said carefully.

 

            “Huh?” asked Jonghyun who looked like his thoughts got interrupted. “Why are you saying this all of a sudden? Is it because I look like I’m not doing any progress?” he chuckled and looked outside the window. “That girl, Janna, she seems to like me. Hahaha! So, you don’t have to worry about me”, Jonghyun said with a wink.”I’m sure I have a chance in winning before you do. I mean, we already exchanged numbers and stuff. It won’t be long until she falls head over heels for me. Then, I’ll win!” he said as he punched his fist in the air.

 

            “Ha! Is that so?” Lu Han said looking rather pleased.

 

            “Yep” nodded Jonghyun.

 

Again, silence.

 

Lu Han stopped in front of SHINee’s dorm. Jonghyun thanked him and bid him good night when Lu Han spoke.

 

            “I like her” he said looking straight at the car’s lights glowing in front of him. “Nikka, I like her”, he said and looked at Jonghyun’s eyes. “I know we just met. But this feeling is strange. It’s like I’ve known her for a long time. Whenever we talk, it’s only her that I see while everything is a blur. I want to care for her and protect her. I don’t know why but I just feel this way. I want to be with her and I definitely won’t hurt her or play with her feelings. I’m withdrawing from this bet. You win” he said with conviction.

 

Another silence.

 

            “Well, it’s been two crazy weeks. I had fun working with you. Good night” he waved as Jonghyun went out of the car and drove off.

 

Jonghyun, who kept quiet all throughout Lu Han’s sudden confession, went in the building. He pressed the up button and stared off to space while waiting for the elevator. As he got in the elevator and pressed the 10th floor button, he looked outside the door waiting for it to close.

 

            “But I like her too” he said quietly as the door closed before him.

 

-----

 

After World Date, you and Lu Han managed to keep in touch though it was really hard. They just released a new MV and they were preparing nonstop for their comeback while you’re preparing for your exams. You skype often when both of you have free time. It was weird, but it was a good weird. Your family knows him and most of the staff in SM that they work with, knows you too. It was almost like you two are together. Even the EXO members are teasing you two whenever they would see Lu Han having skype with you. Somehow, during these two months of contacting each other, you got really close with Lu Han to the point where you’re always going home early in hopes of seeing him soon. Today, after taking your last exam at school, you went straight home for the big event: EXO’s comeback on stage.

At home, after tossing your bag to your bed and changing clothes, you automatically opened your skype to see if Lu Han is online with spare time to talk with you before going onstage. To your disappointment, he’s not online even though it was half an hour before Music Bank airs. After getting annoyed and frustrated about slow internet connection and not finding a good streaming website, you finally found a good site that has less lag. At exactly 5:10 pm, the site came to life and the show started. Seeing the rankings and knowing that EXO made a huge impact with their new song, you were positive that they were either in Top 2 or even Top 1. The show was coming to a close and your EXO was done performing and it was now time to announce who the winner is. You close your eyes and crossed your fingers and muttered, “EXO~ EXO~ EXO~” repeatedly.

 

            “EXO!! Chukhamnida!!” announced UEE who was an MC for MuBank.

 

You screamed so loud in excitement that your mom rushed in to see what’s happening. When she saw you in tears, she was frantic with what was going on but when she saw your laptop, she sighed, shook her head and left. You were fangirling so hard and can’t almost stop when Lu Han took the mic from Kris and spoke.

 

            “Ne, everyone thank you so much for waiting for us and supporting us. We dedicate this win to our parents, SM Entertainment, manager hyung, the staff, and our fans that cheered us on and loved us until now.”

 

He paused for a while and looked for approval from Kris. Kris nodded and so Lu Han continued.

 

            “I also want to thank a special person from the Philippines who really supported us continuously and gave me the strength I needed. Really, thank you”, and with that, he bowed and the MCs ended the program.

 

The site went offline and you were just there, staring at the screen.

 

Ba-thump! Could it be?

 

You were still staring at the screen when a call crashed to your thoughts. It was Lu Han calling through skype. For the first time, you weren't sure if you should answer or not. You just sat there for another minute when you finally answered it. The dark blue screen suddenly came to life and there he was, blushing and smiling at you, not saying anything.

 

            “Hey…” you started. “Uhm…I just finished watching Music Bank” you said as you shifted your gaze from his. “Congrats!”

 

            “Ah! You watched it?”

 

Ask him…..Ask him…..

 

            “You did, huh? So…did you hear what I said before our encore?” he said innocently.

 

BA-THUMP!

 

            “Ahh…Yes…” you said while holding your hands and looking down. “Uhm---”

 

            “Then, I won’t beat around the bush,” he said with conviction and nervousness obvious in his voice. “Will you go out with me as my girlfriend?”