Jealousy?

Baby Steps

Onew lounged on the couch in front of their smart TV as he hit the play button on the remote to start the DVD that he had just put in. A rather big bowl of butter popcorn sat in his lap. He really shouldn’t have made so much since it was just him tonight but he had been far too lazy to halve the portion when it was already in a convenient package for microwaving, so he ended up just popping the whole packet into the microwave.

It was a Friday night and it was supposed to be their movie night but Key had called just an hour before to apologise and say that he would only be home really late since his deadline was fast approaching and since Onew had witnessed firsthand just how stressed out Key had been lately, he decided not to make a big deal out of it, settling instead on reminding the younger to get something to eat and to come home as soon as he could.

Watching movies were never Onew’s thing, it only became part of his routine because Key loved watching movies. It didn’t matter whether it was action or horror or romance, Key loved them all. It didn’t matter that some movies didn’t even have Korean subtitles because he understood it well enough and Onew never complained either. He loved the time they spent together when they watched movies and he loved it when Key unconsciously snuggled into his side no matter what genre of movie was playing. But the best part of it all, was watching Key’s face when his attention was fixed entirely on the screen. There were many times when he couldn’t help but kiss the younger, only to earn a light smack on his chest with Key complaining about how he was distracting him from the movie.

Onew surprised himself by actually making it through most of the movie though, but he probably fell asleep in the last few minutes because the next thing he knew, he was awoken by someone lifting the popcorn bowl off his lap and then his vision was filled with an all too familiar face as Key straddled his thighs and settled onto his lap.

“What time is it?” Onew asked behind squinty eyes, the bright lights from the living room blinding him.

“Just a little after midnight.” Key answered, amusement in his voice as he watched Onew with a sparkle in his eyes and a warm smile on his face.

“Mmm.” Onew hummed sleepily. “Did you manage to finish everything you wanted to?” Onew asked, finishing with a yawn.

“Yup, I did.” Key’s smiled widened as he stretched his hands out over Onew’s shoulders and locked them behind his neck, pulling himself closer to Onew and placed a kiss on the other’s lips. He had intended for it to be a simple peck to greet the other but he didn’t pull back when he felt Onew’s tongue brush his bottom lip. Instead, he parted his lips and allowed the older to deepen the kiss as he ran his fingers through Onew’s soft, fluffy hair.

Onew let out a low sound of approval as his hands moved up and down Key’s thighs. They were breathless and panting heavily when they finally pulled apart. “Hi.” Key greeted breathlessly, chuckling a little when he saw that Onew was now fully awake.

“Mmm. You taste of all my favourite things— butter, popcorn and Jinki!”

Onew let out a short laugh before wrinkling his nose. “And you taste and smell of barbequed meat and soju.” He commented rather curiously.

Key leaned his forehead against Onew’s. “That’s because Woohyun treated me to a late dinner there when we were done with work and I only drank a tiny bit.” He bit his lip as he revealed, not sure what to expect since especially since he knew Onew wasn’t all too fond of his best friend.

Onew surprised Key when his only reaction was to let out a rather loud breath. “Did you have a good dinner then?” Key could hear the sincerity in his question. There wasn’t even a hint of sarcasm and it threw Key off, not that it wasn’t a good thing though. It was just totally not what Key was expecting at all.

He could only nod as he continued to observe Onew apprehensively. “You heard me though right? Woohyun was with me?”

Onew looked up at Key with a smile and nodded.

“You’re not jealous? You’re not upset right? Because if you are and you’re just keeping it in because you don’t want to make me upset, then you can just let it out, I promise I won’t get upset. It’s not good to keep-” Key never got a chance to finish because Onew’s lips were on his.

“Are you really not-” Key tried to ask again but was cut off yet again but this time by Onew’s finger against his lips.

“I’m really not jealous or upset, baby. I’ve just decided that since I trust you, then I should also trust you when you say that Woohyun knows that you belong to me.” Onew said with a little more than a hint of possessiveness in his voice. His hands, now on Key’s hips, tugged the younger forward to press up against his front.

Key’s smile turned into a smirk as he looked down into Onew’s eyes, seeing the slightly darkened look in them before leaning in until their noses were barely brushing and whispering, “I’m so proud of you, baby. Would you like me to give you a reward?”

“Hmm. What do you have in mind?” Onew asked playfully.

With that, Key was suddenly gone from Onew’s vision and it took a moment for him to realize that Key had stood up and was walking off. “I need a bath.” He said, pulling at his top and taking a sniff as he continued walking towards the stairs.

Key had made what he said sound so innocent and so harmless but he knew what the younger was suggesting so he quickly scrambled off the couch and went after Key.

- - - -

It was only much later that night that Onew and Key finally settled under the covers of their bed. Exhaustion had finally caught up with Key as he laid his head on Onew’s chest and snuggled into Onew’s side, tangling their legs up together as well.

Onew watched the younger burrow sleepily into his side before gathering him in his arms and burying his nose in Key’s hair and placing a kiss there.

There was silence after they had settled into a comfortable position and Onew had thought for a moment that Key had fallen asleep. “You know, earlier, I was thinking more along the lines of chicken for dinner tomorrow as your reward, but… you obviously had other things in mind when you ambushed me in the bathroom.” Key playfully teased and Onew could tell that Key was smirking even though he couldn’t see his face.

“God, you’re such a tease.” Onew said into Key’s hair as he tightened his hold around him.

Key tilted his head back and let out of soft laugh before looking at Onew with a look of pure love. “Thank you for trusting me baby. It really means a lot to me.”

Onew held Key’s gaze for a few moments after, contented just to look at Key and feeling that he understood everything that he wanted to say. “I love you so much.” He said before lifting his head and kissing Key.

“I love you too, so so much.” Key replied after the kiss ended, laying his head back down on Onew’s chest and letting his eyes flutter shut.

“Baby?” Onew said after a few moments of silence had passed.

“Mm?” Key hummed in response, not wanting to have to say anything since he was already on the brink of sleep.

“Can we still have chicken for dinner tomorrow? Please?” 

 

 

====

Just had to incorporate some Onew-chicken love into my Onkey fluff ^^ 

They're just getting too cute. Everytime I start typing another chapter, I tell myself not to make it too fluffy but it always still ends up being SO fluffy =/ Sorry~

Still hope that you'll enjoy it!