Blessed (Adventure Part I)

Baby Steps

Key shifted and whined weakly in protest when he was woken up by the ghosting of lips against his. He opened his eyes for the briefest of moments, to see a just-woken Onew smiling sleepily at him, before shutting them again. He heard Onew’s soft chuckle before hearing the rustling of the sheets and then soft sounds of padding across the room before sleep had overtaken him again.

The next time Key opened his eyes was because he felt soft lips brush against his forehead. He was immediately greeted by the familiar musky scent of Onew’s cologne. He unconsciously took a deeper breath in as a happy smile formed on his face. He cracked open his eyes again to find Onew, grinning down at him, all spruced up and seemingly ready for work, except that he had no pants on. Key frowned a little before looking back up at his boyfriend.

“Did I forget to put your pants out for you?” Key’s eye brows furrowed as he tried to recall. “I think I did but I might have dreamt it. I’m not sure…” He continued sleepily, having only stumbled into bed about an hour ago due to a last minute design change that he had to rush out for a client.

“Don’t worry baby, you remembered. You were just making such cute noises in your sleep that I couldn’t resist.” Onew’s grin widened until his eyes disappeared behind crescents. It was the smile that Key loved the most.

“Cheesy.” Key gave a weak huff and stuck his tongue out at Onew’s back, somehow getting satisfaction from the fact that the elder boy didn’t catch him doing so. But now that Onew had moved back to the dresser to retrieve his pants, it gave Key a full view of Onew’s and he really couldn’t help but stare shamelessly.

“Enjoying the view?” Onew teased as he bent forward to slip on his pants. Key could tell that he was smirking even though he couldn’t see Onew’s face.

“Hmm.” Key hummed out as he pretended to have to take a long moment to think, making Onew turn around and give him a questioning look.

“I would enjoy it more up close.” Key mentioned as casually as he could while fighting the urge not to smirk as well.

“Oh really? We’ll have to do something about that then, won’t we?” Onew replied, his voice going low as he slowly approached the bed again, all the while holding Key’s gaze.

Key absolutely loved it when Onew was like this. All prim and proper in his work wear but yet so y and not the least bit shy about using it to .

He couldn’t find a way to answer that wouldn’t make him sound desperate so he just settled for a nod, even if it was one that was a little too enthusiastic.

“Hmm..” Now it was Onew’s turn to hum in thought. “Tempting...” He said as he lowered his head down to the younger boy’s level.

“… but I have an important meeting early today with foreign producers remember?” Onew planted a swift peck on Key’s lips, causing a soft whine to escape from Key when the kiss ended so quickly.

Onew chuckled at Key’s cute reaction before reaching down to tilt his head up to look at him. “I’ll make it up to you tonight, babe.”

“You better.” Key pouted which made Onew lean down and give him another peck on his lips. He loved it when Key was all sleepy and cute but he knew that he’d only get scolded if he said anything so he chose to keep it to himself.

“Do you want me to bring Jaesung to you? You still have about an hour or two of sleep before he wakes.” Onew asked, the softness in his voice made it seem like they weren’t just talking about y times just a moment ago.

Key blinked blankly at Onew as his still sleepy brain struggled to catch up with the sudden topic change. “Yeah, okay.”

Onew was already half way out the bedroom by the time he managed to reply. Apparently, he already knew what Key wanted even before he did himself.

Onew took much longer than expected to return though, allowing Key to slip back into the haze of sleep, dozing off lightly only to be awoken when he heard the rustling sound of fabric being moved around. Onew was so busy building a pillow fort around a sleeping Jaesung that he didn’t realize that Key was awake until he finally looked up when he was done.

“Sorry, did I wake you?” He whispered the question to which Key could only smile and shake his head a little to say that he didn’t mind.

Onew smiled back as he walked over to Key’s side of the bed. “We had an unscheduled diaper change earlier on but everything is good now. Go back to sleep baby, I’ll call you later.” He said as he leaned down to place a peck on Key’s lips.

Key hummed blissfully after Onew pulled back and his side, pulling the comforter back up to his chin with a small smile still playing on his face.

Onew was halfway out of their bedroom when he heard a string of muffled words. He didn’t actually manage to hear most of it but he did catch the word “coat” and he instantly knew what his boyfriend was trying to say because he had forgotten to bring his coat to work the previous day and had earned a lecture when he returned home because winter was fast approaching. He smiled to himself and shook his head. Only Kibum could still have the energy to nag even though he was practically asleep but somehow, that also made him feel exceptionally blessed.

 

 

 

====

This update is actually the first of 3 parts of the chapter "Adventure". I wanted to post it before I changed my mind and decide to scrap the whole chapter. I've already written and scrapped quite a number of chapters because I just didn't feel that they were any good even after multiple rounds of editing. It's also not helping that I've been having the biggest writer's block ever but I'm determined not to give up on this story. 

If you're still reading this, thanks for sticking around ^^ I've been having so much fun watching SHINee in this year's gayos. They're really super duper cute!

PS: I've created a form where you can post prompts for me (anonymously if you want to) since I've been running low on ideas recently. Hopefully, it'll help me get back my writing juice but even if it doesn't, I can probably write a few one-shots to tide me over this dry spell. Comment if you wish and/or submit a prompt~ I look forward to reading either! :) 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and is enjoying the last few days of 2013~

[Edited to include the link to the form this time round. Silly me!]