Seventeen

Tortoise and Turtle

 

Sungyeol led me to the famous Jeju cliff I forgot what it is called. I cannot think properly this time. Seeing Junhyung propose to Hara AT LUNCH was devastating. At lunch.. That was what I told him. I want him to propose to me at lunch. To me. Not to Hara.

I tighten my hug to my knees. Sungyeol sat beside me.

“Hey, are you alright?”

I nodded weakly.

Silence.

The sea breeze touched my cheeks as if it’s caressing me empathetically. I inhaled deeply then looked up at the sky. My mind’s a great mess. Junhyung filled it. Junhyung-Hara. Hara-Junhyung. Memories then tried to flash in my head. I flushed it all out before I could picture anything. I don’t want to remember anything about them anymore.

I peeked at Sungyeol who’s beside me.

I should move on. Wholly and totally.

With eyes closed, Sungyeol’s head was propped up looking the sky.

I smiled at the scene before me.

Sungyeol looking so peaceful and calm with mountains and sea behind him.

He suddenly opened his eyes. We’re both shocked and surprised to look at each other’s eyes. It’s as if our souls were bare between each of us. Our eyes grew wide, pupils dilated.

He then laughed breaking the awkwardness.

I laughed with him. I laughed with him like being the carefree that I am, forgetting the drama I had before.

His stomach suddenly growled. We both looked at his belly.

Just then, my stomach growled too.

“I think we should eat now,” he laughed.

I didn’t realize that I’m hungry. I also forgot that he’s hungry too.

Selfish me.

I stood up with all the happy energy that I could muster. I hopped for a couple of times trying to shake the negatives vibes and sadness off from my body then looked down at him.

“Come on! Come on!” I held his wrist then pulled him up.

The touch sent bolt of electricity through my veins I almost jolted.

“I’m allergic to lobsters,” he suddenly said as he was dusting his pants, making me look up at him and forget the rumpus I felt.

I chuckled gawkily, “Me too.”

 

“What?!” CL screamed through the phone. “You break up, what? But why?”

I tried not to sob.

“Hey, Jaein answer me! Where are you? Are you home? Do you want me to come over?”

“No,” my voice croaked not cooperating with the strong stance I want to demonstrate.

“Shoot! You’re crying! I’m coming over!”

“I’m not at home,” I lied while my chest heaves up and down. I can’t suppress my sobs anymore.

“Why did you two break up? Is it because of that Hara?”

That was the last straw.

Hara’s name stabbed my heart brutally with a knife.

“He told me he loves her more.” All my cries liberated itself from my chest. I wept at the phone as if there was no tomorrow.

 

 

***

How's CL as bestfriend? I love her swag x)

Comment & subscribe. Thank you! ^^