Thirteen

Tortoise and Turtle

 

“But only Jiyoon noona’s back was seen!” Ilhoon laughed loudly one morning. Mrs. Byun went to the mainland for three days & I was fully in charged since then. We decided to eat breakfast together in the café every morning. The night before was when the cf Jaejoong oppa endorsed was shown all over Korea.

True, it was only Jiyoon’s back and side profile that were seen. Since she only substituted the original model may be the reason of too little exposure.

Jiyoon whacked Ilhoon’s head. “At least the part where Jae oppa held my hand and gazed at me lovingly were there,” she dreamily said.

“Jae oppa? Jae oppa!” Ilhoon laughed yet again. “I didn’t know you two have term of endearment in the short time you spent together,” he snickered.

“Aish, you annoying boy!” Jiyoon was to whack Ilhoon again when Sungyeol butted in. “She caught people’s interest though.”

We all looked at him grippingly, willing to listen.

“I went online last night and saw reviews about it. Many were wondering who you are. You know, the girl that Jaejoong held hands with. You’re actually at the top 10 search in the internet.”

“Really?!” Jiyoon asked bewildered. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I thought you knew,” Sungyeol shrugged.

“The girl who Jae oppa held hands with.. What a cute and long nickname noona,” Ilhoon joked. Jiyoon didn’t mind him at all for she’s already busy logging in the internet at her phone.

“GUYS!!” We heard Bomi shout from the door. We all went to her and saw that she was carrying a little boy. Sungyeol opened the door and let her in. She was panting when she said, “I’m a babysitter for the day.”

 

“Hyung, can I have a cake?” Youngjae, the 4-year-old nephew of Bomi, asked Ilhoon several times who was busy slicing white forest cake a customer ordered.

No one was left in Bomi’s house to take care of Youngjae so she brought him to work. The toddler placed himself in a chair observing Ilhoon while trying to behave well. We decided to leave him in the kitchen while Bomi does her job. I looked at them by the counter. Jiyoon was busy cashiering and Sungyeol was making three large glasses of coffee.

“BOMI!!!!!” Ilhoon shouted making Youngjae almost fall on his chair. “Youngjae is being noisy!” he whined. Unfortunately, Bomi was on the 2nd floor giving orders so she didn’t hear him at all.

“Aigoo,” Sungyeol turned to them and caressed Youngjae’s back who began to cry because of Ilhoon’s screaming. He carried him in his arms while hushing him.

“Hyung is bad. Ilhoon hyung is bad,” Youngjae cried in Sungyeol’s shoulder as he pointed to Ilhoon. The latter just stuck his tongue out at the little boy.

“See!” Youngjae cried once more. “Meanie..”

The scene of Sungyeol carrying and hushing Youngjae left a warm feeling in my heart. I went to them and approached Sungyeol. I reached out my arms and in return he gave Youngjae to me. I was quite surprised when I carried him, he was quite heavy. He’s chubby, explains the reason. Nonetheless, Youngjae calmed slowly in my arms. I patted his back and hum a lullaby. “I’ll give you cake later Youngjae. Stop crying now, huh?”

The little boy nodded. Minutes passed as I lull him in my arms, he drifted off to sleep. “We’ll be at the office,” I told them.

Sungyeol nodded. I gave Ilhoon a stare and he mouthed a sorry. I shook my head telling him I’m quite disappointed with what he did.

“Sorry,” he whispered.

 

I placed Youngjae on the small couch inside the office. He stirred in his sleep but then closed his eyes again. “Must be tired being with Ilhoon hyung at the kitchen, huh?” I asked him quietly even though I know he wouldn’t have heard what I’ve said. I smiled at Youngjae as he slept peacefully with a small smile in his face and curled little hands. This little boy is so adorable. He’s so cute. I wonder what he’ll look like when he grows up. Will he look different from what he is today? Babies grow differently but they still grow. My thoughts don’t have direction at all. I sighed and continued to gaze and smile at Youngjae. Somehow, looking at him made me sleepy.

Knocks were on the door and then Bomi went in.

“I’m sorry manager unnie,” she said tiredly.

I placed a finger in my lips. “Youngjae’s asleep,” I smiled. She nodded while looking at his nephew.

“Could he sleep here?” she asked while bending down to brush a strand of hair away from Youngjae’s face.

“Sure. I’ll be working on some papers here so I could watch him.”

“Thank you manager,” she bowed.

“Go, now.”

“Gomawo.” She then left the office.

I gazed back at the sleeping Youngjae and smiled as a thought came across in my mind. How did Sungyeol look like when he was a little boy?

 

 

***

Youngjae baby ver.

 

Youngjae when he grows up..

Cool, right? Adorkable much. So, how about Sungyeol when he was a kid?

Tenenen! ^^

 

Kke. Our little chubby boy. Aigoo~

 

Comment guys! They are highly appreciated :)