Wake Up To Reality

Confessions of a Runaway Bride

This must be another cruel dream again, isn’t it? Just like the one I had with the chocolate cake. But I couldn’t deny the fact that I could feel someone breathing on the side of my face. I cautiously opened my eyes and turned my face towards where Siwon was sleeping, and instantly found myself looking into his dreamy eyes.

“Siwon…” I mouthed in disbelief. There he was, the man of my dreams just inches away from me. I had not notice this before, but he had beautiful, long eyelashes that I now wanted to touch so badly.

I started to have some difficulty breathing and took in deep breaths to try to stay calm. Nope, that wasn’t helping at all. Instead I could feel my heart palpitating, as though it was going to jump out of my chest any moment.

That was when I felt his incredibly soft lips planting a soft kiss on mine. It happened so fast, like a flutter, but it happened I was sure about that! As if on cue, he sprung back immediately and laid his head back on his pillow.

He stayed silent for the rest of the night, and so did I. Not before long, I fell my eyelids become heavy and lost consciousness.

__________________________________

When I woke up the next morning, my first instinct was to turn to his side of the bed. Emptiness. I reached out and felt the warmth on the sheets. He had woken up not too long ago. Soon after, I was further awaken by the aroma of hot pancakes with chocolate sauce and cappuccino. I sat up from the bed and looked towards the dining table where the food laid.

“Good morning, Yuri…”

Siwon emerged from the bathroom and greeted me rather sheepishly.

“Good morning, Siwon!”

He gestured to an empty seat at the dining table as he took a seat opposite it.

“I took the liberty to order some breakfast for you as we’re running a little short of time, I hope you don’t mind.”

Well of course I didn’t. I got cleaned up and dressed for the day, before taking the seat that he had prepared for me. As I dug into the food, I kept my eyes away from his but I could sense that his glance was fixed on me. When I looked up at him, our eyes met and we smiled, albeit rather awkwardly.  We both stayed silent, until he surrendered. 

“Yuri, I like you.”

It was short, but I got the message. Before I could react, he had reached into his bag and took out a small gift box. He handed it to me and I opened it, only to find the ear studs that I had wanted badly. I gasped in disbelief and ran my fingers over it. Oh my God, this time it was for real.

“I bought this for you, while you were on the date with Yunho. I know you like it and I wanted to give it to you. But after seeing the luxurious gifts he gave you, I know that nothing I give you will compare to them. I thought that you will be better off with him, so I kept this to myself until now.”

Hot tears were welling up in my eyes as I looked up at him.

“Don’t be silly, I’m not a greedy person. I love this gift so much more, because you gave it to me. I like you, Siwon. I like you for who you are, and not for what you can give me.”

A silly smile appeared on his face.

“So last night wasn’t a dream. It was real, it had happened. When you had kissed me, I was in disbelief. I can’t believe this…”

Like a little boy who opened his favorite toy for Christmas, Siwon jumped up from his chair joyfully and came towards me. I stood up as well and was instantly engulfed in his arms. I leaned on his muscular chest and inhaled his manly scent, which I now loved so much.

He planted kisses on my head before releasing me as I caught my breath.

“I’m sorry, I should not have kissed you on the lips last night. I felt like I was taking advantage of you when you were helpless.”

I laughed at his silliness.

“No, I like that. I really did. It was so cute.”

“Really, you did? That was my first kiss.”

I pinched his cheeks and giggled, before grabbing his face and planting a big kiss square on his lips.

“Now, how’s that for a second kiss?”

“I think this one would be better.”

And before I could give a snarky reply, I fell his lips on my giving me a passionate kiss which seemed to last forever.

When we broke apart, I leaned onto his chest as we swayed form side to side in each other’s arms.

“Kwon Yuri, will you be my girlfriend?”

As if forgetting that Kwon Yuri wasn’t my real name, that I was engaged halfway across the world, that I was living a lie for the past few months, I said yes to be the first girlfriend of the incredibly handsome, yet evergreen Choi Siwon.

__________________________________

Unfortunately, the competition was starting any moment now and we had to leave the room to prepare for it. God knows what might have happened if we had stayed any longer, though I sure wouldn’t mind if things got heated. I can’t wait to tear the clothes of this man with the beastly body.

We got to our baking station and the professional and serious Siwon had returned. I, on the other hand, played a sidekick role for the day.

“Welcome to the annual Asian cake creation challenge, where bakers from all around Asia gather to compete for the title of Asia’s Top Baker! This year, we are holding the challenge in Tokyo, Japan where…”

Blah, blah, blah.

The announcer went on and on about the challenge as we stood there just waiting for it to start. I could care less about what we had to say, as I focused my attention on the walking, breathing y God who was standing next to me, and who now belongs to me!

That was until I heard a name that was all too familiar for comfort, which shot me out of my lustful mood.

“This year, we have invited Mdm Kim Soo Ji, founder and CEO of the largest Korean Traditional Bakery chain with more than 40 outlets across North America, to be our judge!”

“Mdm Kim Soo Ji, that’s someone I really admire!” Siwon whispered excitedly into my ear as I responded with a nod.

As Mdm Kim Soo Ji stood up from her seat and gave a wave to the crowd, her sight fell on Ms Choi Anna aka me aka Ms Kwon Yuri aka her daughter who ran away from home.

I cleared my throat nervously as a solemn expression appeared on her face.

Busted.

The challenge started. I was in deep shock and wanted to disappear before she could get me, but there was nowhere I could go. I had to be there for my boyfriend as he lived his dream in competing at an international baking challenge. He was swift and focused, and everything was going well as planned. We worked well seamlessly and completed our task ahead of time.

“Yuri, we made it!” Siwon cheered as the oven went off to signal that the cake was ready. He grabbed me tightly into his arms and lifted me in the air.

But our celebration was short-lived, as we heard someone standing in front of our counter, clearing .

Siwon put me down on the ground and bowed to the esteemed judge standing before him.

“Greetings, Mdm Kim.” He said in all seriousness.

She paid little attention to him, but instead focused her sight on me.

“Ms Kwon Yuri,” she read out from the nametag on my chest. “That’s a lovely name you have there, my dear.”

“Mom…” I called her as she nodded.

“Mom?” Siwon asked incredulously. 

“Siwon… It’s a long story. Will you hear me out later? After the challenge is over. I promise I’ll tell you everything.”

That didn’t quite reassure him, as the perplex look on his face from that moment onwards gave it away.

It was time for the cake tasting and Mom came back to our station to taste the cake. It was good, I’m sure of that, and I could tell from Mom’s expression that she liked it too. But I knew that we were not going to win. There was no way she would let us win with her daughter in the team; people were going to talk about her if that happened.

I felt so guilty inside as I knew that Siwon’s dream of being crowned champion was not going to happened because of me. I looked at him, and from the down casted look in his eyes, I think he knew too.

When the top three winners were announced and none of them was Choi Siwon, I threw my arms around him and his back.

“It’s okay, Siwon. You did well. You’re always the best in my heart.”

Siwon rubbed me on the back gently.

“I’m alright, Yuri. I already feel like the ultimate winner because I have you. You’re the girl of my dreams.”

“Let’s have a talk at the garden, shall we?”

I knew it was now or never.  I had to come clean to him.

__________________________________

Goodness, it has been more than a year since I updated this story!

I'm sorry for disappearing for so long, but I decided that I want to try continue it now that I have some spare time in my hands.

Is any of my old readers still here? :)