Chapter 24: never say goodbye

Serendipity in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

today is our prom night, I actually don't feel excited on coming since I know Myung Soo won't be there but I'm glad that I'll be going with Jong Suk and Min Ho. I asked them yesterday if they have their own dates and it's okay if they don't accompany me but they insisted they will come together with me.

Sun Young help me with my dress, I went to grandma Jin and she gave me an advice regarding to my decision. 

Grandma Jin said "You did the right thing, Soo Jung. You just let him be with his family and I know you decided to let him go because you love him and I know Myung Soo felt it too." grandma Jin embraced me. While in the mansion, Carl said "Good afternoon, miss. You look lovely today." and I replied with a smile "Thank you, Carl." Carl continued "Sir Jong Suk and Sir Min Ho are already here to get you to the prom." 

I went out of my room, Jong Suk and Min Ho were waiting outside. As I saw them they looked very fine and handsome. Jong Suk and Min Ho welcomed me with a warm smile but I can't picture them without Myung Soo.

Jong Suk asked "Are you ready to go?" and I nod, Jong Suk and Min Ho offered their arms so that I can hold on.  When we were inside the car, Jong Suk and Min Ho kept making jokes and make me laughed maybe they know how sad I am, and I'm very thankful for such great friends like them.

As we came to the venue of our prom, everyone dress well and nice, the ones that I didn't noticed are very noticeable today like the smart kid in my first class, she shines tonight and I didn't noticed her without glasses. When we came to the venue, every girls came around to Jong Suk and Min Ho, like the usual way, most of their fangirls don't like me so they really don't care about me as I came in there, but some of my schoolmates that I met from the school's outing, they welcomed me. 

Some of them asked me where's Myung Soo, and all I can say is that he can't come. Jong Suk and Min Ho accompanied me on a table, and suddenly Min Ho came out from the room and Jong Suk said "We have a surprise for you Soo Jung." Min Ho opened the door, and I saw Sun Young. I smiled as she came to me and hug me. I said "Sun Young!!! I didn't expect this!" Sun Young smiled at me and said "Me either, but thanks to these two flower boys, I finally belong here." The sadness that I felt lessen as my best friend came to the event.

The current president of Jin Academy, came to the stage and made a speech "Good evening, seniors. We are thankful for coming to this event, and I know everyone looked forward to this because this is your prom. I hope everyone enjoy this night, make the most of it since this will be your last prom as seniors, so I hope everyone have the courage to step out and make a difference. See you all at graduation and enjoy!" 

In the event, there were group of performers to come on stage and juniors to pay tribute to their seniors. In my class, I was the one in charged to perform and I will be playing the piano. Min Ho assisted me to come on stage, and I felt nervous as I looked at the students who maybe curious or annoyed as I step on the stage. I took a deep breath and came towards the piano. 

Everyone was quiet as soon as I came to the stage, I looked at everyone, I saw Jong Suk, Min Ho and Sun Young giving me the courage to continue and have a speech.

I took a deep breath once again and said "Good...evening my fellow schoolmates...I'm Soo Jung and I'm the representative for class 4-B. I decided to play a piece that became a good memory to me. This song reminds me the day I felt sad and this person shared with me this beautiful song that changed my sadness in to happiness. That person said to me when you see someone who has a bad day and wants to cry, share this song at least so that they can feel that others care for them too. And when I think of it...that person is right...and since then this song became special to me."

I began playing the song that Myung Soo shared to me, the song he played in front of me the time when I got bullied and those times that I shared with him. The reason why I played it in front o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter