Spoons

Please Like Me

 

 

 

“Uh… well I don’t really have anywhere for you to… uh…”


“You’ve got a big bed, I can just crash there.”


That was all for conversations, Kyungsoo reminds himself, before he was set in this obscene predicament. Kai, in only his underwear, sitting all too provocatively draped over his bed.  Kyungsoo has this weird feeling in his stomach, as he thinks on the fact that Kai is certainly comfortable presenting his open legs to another guy, and he looks so hot doing it. Kyungsoo sincerely hopes that nothing is tenting in his undergarments because that could be awkward as .


Kyungsoo walks over to the edge of it and picks up his pyjamas, marching across to the door and pulling it all the way open until there’s a little gap between it and the wall.


This is where Kyungsoo attempts to get changed, fumbling around awkwardly and bashing his knee repeatedly on the wood of the door. It opens a little and squeaks stupidly every now and then, but that’s not the most awkward part.


Kai is watching him with amusement.


When Kyungsoo finally finishes getting unchanged, he runs a hand through his messy hair, jumping over shirts and other discarded clothing before sinking into his mattress, all too aware that Kai is still staring. He reaches over to his nightstand and flicks off the light, shuffling around until he’s pulled the covers over his tiny frame, head resting on his pillow.


Kyungsoo shuts his eyes, waiting for sleep to take him out of such a ing awkward situation. He realises all too suddenly that Kai’s hand is clenched in his. Kyungsoo breathes unsteadily as soft fingers trace up his arm slowly, and rest just by his head. He can hear a shuffle and Kai roll over, facing him. The hand rests on his chest, and Kyungsoo almost opens his eyes, but then he feels lips on his and he can’t help but moan into the kiss as he stretches to better Kai’s access of his neck.


Once Kai is done and on Kyungsoo’s neck, their lips meet once more. Kyungsoo can feel his chest pounding erratically and he thinks Kai can probably feel it too.


“Is this OK?” Kai asks, breathless as he pulls away.


“Y…Yeah,” Kyungsoo stutters.


Their lips clash once more, and Kyungsoo finally loses himself. He’s kissing a boy, his brain tells him it’s so wrong but somehow it just feels right. They fit together, somehow. Kyungsoo snakes an arm up around Kai’s neck and pulls him closer, groaning as Kai’s hot tongue pushes past his lips and works its way around inside his mouth. Kai on Kyungsoo’s bottom lip before pulling away quickly, leaving Kyungsoo breathless.


“Is that… blood? Can you taste blood?”


“What?” Kyungsoo snaps. Kai’s eyes scan Kyungsoo’s face warily, a small smile gracing his features as his eyes soften.


“Oh your lip, it’s bleeding.”


“I… cut myself shaving,” Kyungsoo mumbles. He jumps up, hand fumbling around on the nightstand for a tissue. He holds it to his face, letting out a growl of annoyance as he hears Kai behind him rolling back into the covers.


“Uh… what are we meant to do now?” Kyungsoo asks.


“I don’t know.”


“Do we just… wait for me to stop bleeding, or?”


Kai hesitates.


“I might just go to sleep. I mean we can try again in the morning.”


Kyungsoo doesn’t completely understand why he’s so upset by this, but he lets it slide as he slips his legs back under the sheets, tissue still pressed to his lips. He lets out a sigh of resignation as his head hits the pillow once again.


“Do you prefer big spoon or little spoon?” Kai asks awkwardly.


“Uh, I don’t know.”


Kai leads, rolling Kyungsoo over until he’s facing away from Kai. Kai snakes an arm over Kyungsoo’s chest, and Kyungsoo can’t help but like the warmth that Kai has to offer him, even though it’s hot like summer in the room and they’re both sweaty. Kyungsoo twitches as Kai leans into his neck, breath steady on his skin.


“I don’t really get the big spoon little spoon thing… I mean surely they’d be the same sized spoons…”


A pause. Kyungsoo can hear Kai’s steady breathing, and his has this feeling Kai’s already deeply asleep. He sighs, leaning back into the touch as he shuts his own eyes, placing his bloody tissue on the edge of the nightstand.


“Different sized spoons don’t fit together like this…”








Kyungsoo gingerly removes Kai’s arm from his torso, grabbing his phone off the nightstand before basically stumbling into the bathroom, hair messy and clothes disheveled. , he’s slept in again. It’s almost midday. He places his phone on the charger as he grabs his toothbrush off the top of the bench, coating the top with toothpaste and running it under the tap for a few seconds. He hears a couple of pings from his phone, letting him know he’s got messages. Kyungsoo groans, picking up the incriminating device before flicking through them.




iMessage from Dad, 11:30am
Kyungsoo, it’s your father. Don’t worry… mum’s OK. She’s OK… She’s been moved to a ward. Are you awake?











iMessage from Dad, 10:15am
Kyungsoo, it’s your father… where are you? Call me back!











iMessage from Yuri, 9:00am
Hey Kyungsoo. Your dad called me. I… I didn’t tell him we broke up… He told me what happened. I just hope you’re OK. If you need anything, please just let me know.







iMessage from Dad, 8:30am
, Kyungsoo! ! Mum! ! Call me!















iMessage from Mum, 8:07am
Kyungsoo… Love, I need some help.







Kyungsoo slams the phone down on the counter, glancing up at the mirror as tears streak down his eyes and he starts to hyperventilate. Sehun walks past the bathroom and peeks inside as Kyungsoo slumps on the bench.


“Sehun, I think you need to drive me to the hospital…”


“What?”


“I need you to drive me to the hospital!”


“Which hospital?”


“I don’t know, just get in the car!”


“What the hell happened last night?”


“I don’t know!” Kyungsoo snaps.