Rock Candy

Please Like Me

 



Kyungsoo admittedly was not entirely expecting Kai to be standing on his doorstep, even after Luhan had sent that rather ridiculous text. Kyungsoo also admittedly wasn’t expecting Kai’s shirt to be soaked through, cotton stuck to skin as he attempted to wring it out with long fingers.


On his doorstep.


Almost but not altogether . Basically.
On his doorstep.


Kyungsoo admittedly did expect Kai to be stupid enough to run halfway across the city in nothing but those ridiculously tight jeans and that cardigan that Kyungsoo had come to enjoy wrapping his fingers around. Without an umbrella no less.


Yes, Kai was completely saturated. His hair was matted from the rain and it stuck to his forehead, but Kyungsoo really couldn’t find anything about a wet Kai to detract from his feelings for the taller teen at all. Kai could have been wearing one of those stupid Snuggies for all he knew and he’d still look ridiculously attractive to Kyungsoo.


“Kyungsoo, at least open the door for him,” Sehun calls softly with a knock.


Kyungsoo has holed himself up in his room, because this is all a bit too much. If Kai knew all of this was just some stupid game maybe he’d realise just how much of a Kyungsoo could obviously be, and although keeping the appearance of a cute but sarcastic Korean teen was quite high on Kyungsoo’s priority list, he was more concerned of the fact that there was the potential for Kai to leave him for good.


And it scared him.


“I don’t know, Sehun,” he shouts back.


Kyungsoo’s eyes scan the room. There’s nothing of particular interest in here, just one of Kai’s old jackets sitting under the bed. And that packet of rock candy he bought the other day. Kyungsoo has the false hope that maybe Kai didn’t get that stupid text and maybe Kai is just back for the ugly jacket to spare Kyungsoo at least a little bit of his misery.


“Kyungsoo, open up! You’re even more of an if you don’t talk to him. He can’t stand at the front door in the rain forever,” Sehun says softly.


Kyungsoo takes a deep breath. He inhales, exhales, then inhales again, before reaching across the room and tugging at his door handle lightly.


It doesn’t budge.


“Sehun… the door won’t open!” he yells, shaking the door handle once or twice for good measure. Still, nothing.


“Did you try unlocking it?” Sehun bites sarcastically.


“Ah…” Kyungsoo trails off. Kyungsoo grunts, drooping to his knees before fiddling with the lock. It’s definitely open.


“Nope. Wait. No, it’s actually unlocked. It’s not moving, and I can’t open it!”


Kyungsoo checks the door over. The hinges were always creaky but that’s never been a problem so he pushes the thought out of him mind. He grunts as he squats, running a finger over the bottom of the doorframe. It’s stuck; literally stuck to the wooden floorboards that must have expanded with the stupid rain.


“Oh.”


Kyungsoo decides to check the upper part of the doorframe. He walks across the room, wheeling the sleek black desk chair that he never uses across before jumping up onto it awkwardly, balance completely askew. He lets out a small whine as he notices a crack in the roof, small water droplets flittering through to warp the wood of his bedroom door.


“Sehun, it’s actually really stuck.”


“Hang on, I’ll try push it!” Sehun shouts from the other side, and Kyungsoo almost falls off his chair with the thud that reverberates around the room. Kyungsoo can hear Luhan laughing, sending his mouth into an angry scowl.


“Luhan, this is not ing funny!” he screams.


Kyungsoo wonders vaguely what Kai must be thinking about all this. Kyungsoo’s bedroom is located pretty much right next to the front door; it’s the first room one passes in the hallway to get to the kitchen. With all the screaming going on between himself and Sehun, mixed in with Luhan’s unsympathetic giggles, surely Kai would be completely turned off by the idea of even being with Kyungsoo.


There was nothing normal about the teen at all.


Not even his face looked normal.


“Just open the door and let Kai in!” Kyungsoo shouts through the door. Kyungsoo hears the shuffle of footsteps and a light knock on the other side of the door.


“Kyungsoo…”


It’s Sehun.


“He’s not there. I think he left.”


Silence.


“Kyungsoo?”


A sob.


“Leave me alone, Sehun. I just want to be alone.”
























Kyungsoo lets out a high pitched girly scream as he falls off his chair, hitting the floor with a loud grunt. His back hurts as he attempts to pick himself up, rubbing his angrily as a soft growl escapes his lips. There, sitting on his bed, is none other than Kai, in all his saturated glory.


“What the actual ?” Kyungsoo screeches.


“I climbed in through your window.”


Kyungsoo can see grass stains on his knees where he must have climbed into the flowerbox by his window. Kyungsoo's eyes widen in horror as he imagines the state of his petunias. Where they squashed? Did Kai kill them? There’s a muddy stain next to the glass pane and Kyungsoo wonders just how long he’s been there, listening into the conversation and watching Kyungsoo sobbing over him madly as he pounded uselessly on the jammed door, still perched rather awkwardly in his desk chair.


God, Kyungsoo thinks to himself, he must have looked like an absolute retard.


“I’m sorry for being a jerk and not letting you in,” Kyungsoo says with a shaky voice.


“But I guess you were very practical in taking the window route.”


All seriousness evaporates as Kai lets out the loudest, most stupid of laughs that Kyungsoo has ever heard before in his life. He sounds a little like a strangled hyena giving chase to a gazelle, about to be trampled by an elephant. But Kyungsoo wouldn’t have it any other way.


“Sehun told me about your little prank,” Kai says, tapping the sheets next to him. Kyungsoo bites his lips, stepping over and plopping himself down nervously next to Kai. Kai lets out a chuckle before slinging an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Kyungsoo giggles awkwardly as Kai’s fingers tickle at his neck, drawing him closer.


“You’re super weird Kyungsoo, but I like that about you. I know I’m not the best of boyfriends, and I’m a little too forward sometimes, and also a little too awkward…” Kai trails off.


“Please like me,” Kai whispers.


“I know you’re not sure, but please give me a go.”


Kai is tugging at Kyungsoo’s heart strings with those ridiculous puppy dog eyes, and before Kyungsoo knows it he’s nodding his head, smile gracing his lips.


“OK.”


 


OK, who wants ?? ;)

The next chapter will be the final chapter, and I promise I'll try writing some actually decent (I cannot write to save my life)... A few of you guys said you wanted so I intend to give it to you~ Also everyone loves hahahaha cough cough

I hope you all enjoyed this story! I know it differs a lot from the tv series but I hope I did alright with the characterisation. Everyone being awkward as . Yeah. Thanks to all those who've commented and subscribed up to this point, I really appreciate it! ^^

KachoFuugetsu signing off~