The dinner

Can I hold you tight...?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

All four of them; Aya, Satoshi, Sho and Jun were surprised to see Masaki accompanying Mao and wondered what was the connection between this two.

“I brought him since I saw him on the way. Aya-chan, you don’t mind right?”
Mao gazed at the four and was overly happy to see Jun.

“Of course! More people, more fun.”
Aya smiled, hoping to know Masaki more. She was quite a fan of him from before. Satoshi and Sho welcomed him as well and they all headed into the restaurant.

“Hey Masaki.”
Jun caught Masaki’s hand and apologized for what happened earlier between them. He felt terrible for arguing and pushing him on the wall. Masaki accepted his apology as usual, knowing that Jun has short-temper.


“Cheers!”

All six of them held their drinks as they sat down in one big table at the VIP section. Aya had a glass of red whine, same with Mao and Jun. Satoshi and Masaki had a glass of beer, leaving Sho with a glass of water. Aya looked around and was amazed to see the décor of this restaurant, especially in the VIP room. There were sofas, beds, TVs, pool table, DJ set and more. Waitresses started to bring variety of food which was usually their usual. All of them started to eat and talk together but as the time goes, some of them were drunk, resting; like Satoshi lying down on bed and others were chit-chatting in small groups.

“So how do you guys suddenly know each other well? I didn’t know you were interested in Inoue-san, Masaki. Haha.”
Jun asked Masaki and Mao, still sitting down at the dining table.

“Well, we are just friends. We share same interest! That’s all! Right, Masaki?”
This was the first time she called Masaki with his first name. Masaki then replied.

“Yeah. Mao is just my friend. Oh, by the way, Jun is my friend since junior high.”
With this reply, how joyful Mao was. She now had a chance to get close to Jun.

“Aya-chan? Are you okay?”
Sho sat beside Aya on the sofa, seeing her being little drunk. While they were talking, Aya’s face started to get red and she could not talk properly.

“Mmmm… I’m fine...”
Aya rarely drank alcohol and was weak in it. She felt dizzy and her sight became blur which lead her to close her eyes. It was just a second for her to drift away into her dreams and she naturally leaned on Sho’s shoulder. How cute, Sho thought. He looked over to Aya who was sleeping soundly and thought how long her eye-lashes are and her fruity lips which made him feel embarrassed somehow.

“Ah! Masaki!”
Mao looked down as Masaki fell from his chair, drunk. He had been drunk for past few minutes while Mao and Jun were talking without him.

“Not again, he’s always like that.”
It was typical Masaki’s behavior. In the end, Jun had to always send him home.

“I guess it is time to leave.”
Jun looked around the room and found Satoshi already sleeping on the bed, Aya leaning on Sho’s shoulder and Masaki on the floor.

“Oi, Masaki, stand up. We’re leaving.”
Jun pulled him up as he grabbed both of their bags. Mao felt gloomy since the time had gone so fast with Jun.

“Hey, Sho. We’re leaving first.”
Jun looked over to Sho, holding Masaki up, ready to leave. Sho nodded and mouthed ‘Alright’ as he did not want to wake Aya up.

“Aren’t you coming?”
As Jun was leaving the VIP room, he looked back to Mao who was standing there looking shocked. She could have never guessed she could go back with Jun. She walked over to Jun and helped him carry their bags.

“I can’t let a pretty girl walk alone at night right?”
Jun smirked. He assumed Sho would go back with Aya. Mao looked down, hiding her red face which was not from her wine and walked behind Jun.

“Aya-chan. Aya-chan.”
Sho tried to wake her up but she wouldn’t move. He tried to call for Satoshi as well but he was already in a deep sleep. Finding Satoshi’s car keys from his pocket, Sho decided to drive them home. Satoshi and Sho lived in the same deluxe apartment so it was fine. But there was one problem. Sho didn’t know where Aya lived.

“Aya-chan, Aya-chan. Where do you live?”
He tried to get an answer from her who was sitting on the passenger seat while he was driving but she did not reply.

“Ohno-san, Ohno-san. Where does Aya-chan live?”
Sho asked Satoshi, who was sitting behind which Sho carried both of them into the car. Satoshi remained silent and there was a sigh from Sho who was clueless of what to do. Before long, they arrived at their place, parking on the right spot. Sho carried both of them up, Satoshi on the right and Aya on his back plus their bags on his left.

“Ohno-sannn, it’s your hoomeee.”
Sho opened the door with the key hanging together with the car keys. He placed them on the table and Satoshi walked himself to the sofa.

“Thaank yooouu, gooood, niighhhttt.”
Satoshi waved with his eyes closed and lied down on his sofa.

“Wait! Where does Aya-chan li-”
It was too late. Satoshi was already sleeping with a loud snore. Sho had no choice but to bring Aya to his place.

“Aya-chan, you’re at my place. Are you awake?”
Sho opened his front door and asked the girl on his back. There was once again no answer. He carried her into his room and placed her nicely on his bed. He sat down on the bed for a moment, his hands sliding down on Aya’s head, feeling the smooth of her hair. Slowly, Aya opened her eyes, feeling the warmth of Sho’s back had gone.

“Ah, sorry to wake you up. Good night, Aya-chan.”
Sho quickly stood up and was going to leave but Aya leaned over and grabbed his shirt from behind.

“Don’t go.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________