Love is in the air

Can I hold you tight...?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Good morning."
Masami came into the discussion room and all the staffs plus the five top models stood up to greet her. Mao and Masaki immediately stopped their so called exercise of star jumps. Sho just came in few seconds before Masami and he quickly took his place next to Erika which was the only spot close to the door and greeted her like the others.

"You, sit there."
As Aya followed behind, Masami told her to sit next to her and all the other people in the room sat down after her. They were gathering around one big table with a projector in front with some PowerPoint presentation slides on. The meeting was ready to start when the president came in.

"Good morning all."
He smiled and sat on the boss chair which was placed at the head of the table. One of the staff started to give out booklets of the plan for the fashion show to each and everyone in the room. While handing out papers, Kazunari gave a form to Aya.

"You're officially Diamond's worker. I need you to fill those up."
The form was just a simple identification with things like name, address, phone number and on the bottom, her signature. She quickly filled it up before the meeting starts and passed it back to him with regards.

"Please open to the first page."
As one of the staff announced, everyone flipped their booklet and the staff clicked to start the PowerPoint slides.

"The Diamond Collection 2010 will be held at-"
Just then, someone bashed into the room. Everyone looked towards the door and there was Satoshi panting with his hairstyle book in his hands.

"I'm sorry I'm late!"
He bowed down and quickly sat at one empty spot left for him. The staff went over and passed the booklet to him and whispered to open to the first page. As soon as he was ready, the meeting continued. The staff explained the planned venue, date, time, estimated detail of the stage, lighting and decollations. On the projected screen, there were pictures of imaged stage and decollations. Aya tried to note down most of the things the staff said and also the things written on the slides. So boring, Mao thought to herself and yawned looking back. She hated the staffs explaining to them about the planned fashion show hall. The only thing that she liked was looking at the perfect formed Jun's face. Masaki looked like Mao, looking bored and leaning back on his chair. Jun was concentrating on the slides but once in a while, he rolled his eyes to Masami to see what she was doing but all he saw was either her asking Aya to note things down or her looking at Kazunari.

"Hey hey, Mao-chan. Guess what. I saw the president and Nagasawa-san together at a French restaurant yesterday for dinner."
Seeing Mao bored, Erika moved closer to her and whispered. Mao's eyes opened up wide and she turned her head towards the side, interested to hear the rest of story. Sitting nearby Erika, Masaki and Jun could hear it too.

"Well, I went out to eat dinner with this guy, um, oh, I'll tell you about that next time."
Hearing Erika going out with a guy, Mao was surprised and curious about it but Erika continued. Sitting next to her, Sho heard her words and thought that must be the reason she couldn't accept him before but he didn't feel sorrow hearing it. Looking around, he saw Aya busy writing down notes and getting anxious when the slides moved fast to the next one. He smiled at her cute expressions and thought maybe he found another love again.

"Anyway, I saw them together going into the VIP section alone. No one entered there expect them so they must have eaten with just two of them."
Erika looked around to see if anyone was looking and she took her chance to speak the rest of the story when no one looked. Jun pretended like he heard nothing when Masaki turned his head to look how Jun would react.

"Ah! I knew it! So they are together!"
Getting excited, Mao accidently shouted out loud making the whole crowd to look at her. Erika looked down, quickly pretending to read the booklet and Sho had his hands on his face, thinking how stupid Mao is.

"Yeah, I know right! That lighting and the decollations comes in set! It's good that it's together since those bright lighting can only match those sparkling decollations."
Seeing Masami having her annoyed face beside, Aya quickly shouted something that could make sense to help Mao. The other staffs just nodded with agreement but the smart Masami knew Mao wasn't even paying attention to the slide show. Masami had her sarcastic smile on her face as she stood up, ready to scold Mao but Kazunari tapped Masami's hand, signaling her to stay calm and to sit. He didn't want any hassle anymore.

"I knew those decollations could only match that lightning. That's what I meant. Sorry for the shouting part."
Getting embarrassed, Mao hid her face behind the booklet while the others wondered and thought that Mao do concentrate on the meetings. As the meeting continued, Mao looked at Aya and thanked her with her look. Soon, the topic was moved to the dressing of models.

"These are some of the designs I have so far. The theme for this year is 'Fun at Shibuya'. We input some of the trend among youngsters since this year, our company is targetting the young adults."
Masami asked Aya to pass down papers of designs and the entire five models loved it. It looked fabulous and they once were impressed by the choice of design Masami made. They discussed which dress they want to wear for the fashion show since the five top models had the privilege of getting to choose what they want to wear. Now, Mao and Masaki looked interested.

"Write down who wants which design."
Masami told Aya to go around the model and ask. As she was told, she went up to them and as the five requested, Aya wrote down in her notebook. When they were done with the dressing, it was now about the hairstyle of the models.

"So these are the new hairstyles we could use for the next fashion show."
Satoshi stood up with his hairstyle book and opened to show some of the photos of styles.

* Flashback *

"You can just give it to me. I'll choose them matching to my designed clothes."
Masami went over to Satoshi and snatched the book. Satoshi sighed and sat down. Every year, he hoped he could talk more and explain the hairstyles but it was always ending up Masami taking the book back.

* End of flashback *

"Erm, here you go."
Remembering it, Satoshi went over to Masami and passed the book to her before she could snatch it away from him like every other year.

"Why don't you explain a little more and show it to the others as well? You can give me the book later."
Masami returned the book back and forced herself to smile. She taught herself to be respectable to others from the time when Aya argued back the other day and realized how selfish she was for the past few years. The other staffs and models except Aya was amazed at what she said since they all knew about the past.

"Um, so, Nagasawa-san had told me that this year's theme beforehand so these few styles are one of my favorites. Oh and if anyone has objections or ideas please don't hesitate to say them."
Going back to his own place, Satoshi couldn't help but show happiness on his face. He flipped though few pictures and the staffs started to comment and reviewed the styles. Seeing the meeting going well, Kazunari smiled and thought things have changed since Aya came in to their world.


The long meeting which continued till late had successfully ended and right now, Aya was rushing back home after Masami asking her to type out the notes she took today neatly by tomorrow morning. It didn't matter to her whether it was Saturday tomorrow; the other staffs were also busy as well with setting up and planning the show which was going to happen in next week. The models had to practice their walk on the stage and remember the timing too.

"Where did I put my keys...?”
Aya searched in her bag while walking to her doorstep and as she was near, she lifted her head up with her hands holding the keys. Her face gloomed when she saw the letter stuck on the door.

[I have no more patients in you anymore. Please get out. I changed the keys in case you are wondering why you can't go in.]

It was from the owner. Since Aya's mother died a week ago, she had no money to pay her rent. She was going to pay as soon as she got back from the money the president gave it to her. She sat on the floor, hoping the owner would somehow come back so she can pay the rent and could still stay in this place again. An hour past and she was still sitting down on the floor. She had no choice but to wait since she had no where else to go to. She flipped her phone for contact list and dial Mao but the phone could not reach, she must have changed her number since young. The same goes to Satoshi.

"So cold..."
As the time goes by, it was already midnight. Cold wind blew against her and she started to shiver. She was still squatting down in front of her door, waiting. The only lights she see are the cars passing by and she close her eyes to sleep.

"Mmmm..."
As the birds were chipping and the morning sunlight shined on her face, she opened her eyes and realized it was already morning. Next minute, she sees someone starring in her face in front of her.

"Oh, you finally woke up. Hi."
The face spoke. Aya needed time to figure out it was Kazunari because of his black-framed glasses and his casual clothes.

"P-President! Wha, what are you doing here?"
Aya stood up in hurry, swept her bottom as she was sitting down all night and asked. He was holding the form Aya wrote the other day and that was how he knew where she stayed.

"I came here to talk about..."
He thought for a while. Why did he come here? He didn't know the answer himself. His body just moved to come and he could not control what he was doing. Maybe he just wanted to talk to her or even just wanted to see her beautiful smile.

"Ah!"
Before he could finish his sentence which wasn't in his head, Aya shouted remembering the print out she had to make. The owner looks like he won't come back for a while and she had no time waiting for him. Aya thought how angry Masami would be if she is late.

"What's wrong?"
Kazunari worriedly asked Aya who looked like she was in a panic. When she explained, he promised her that he would help which was suppose to make her calm down and to show his kindness, the first step for making her fall in love with him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________