Big Trouble

Can I hold you tight...?

____________________________________________________________________________________________  

After Jun left the scene, Aya, Mao, Sho and Masaki were still standing at the same spot waiting for Jun's call. The four talked about recent gossips and happenings as the topic never dies.

"Oh, it's Jun."
In the middle of their laughter, Masaki's phone rang and the others softened their voice.

"He's on his way now, we should get going."
Shutting his phone, Masaki told Aya. She nodded and picked up her bag, ready to leave.

"Bye."
Aya turned back, waving to Mao and Sho who smiled and waved back. Just as Aya turned away, Sho had lost his smile. Mao didn't miss the chance to .

"Someone's lonely."
Mao could feel Sho's being acting happier than before around Aya. She has known him for a long time. Long enough to understand each other’s feeling without told. She was happy for him, it was an indication that he moved on.

"Oh, shut up."
He pushed her to the side gently and walked away. He could still hear her laughing from far behind. Oh, god. How loud can she be, he thought.

 

"What are you waiting for? Hop on, hop on."
Masaki took out his spare helmet from underneath the seat and passed it to Aya.

"You like my motorbike? I know it's cool."
Looking at blanked face Aya, he nodded proudly to his stickers stuck on the vehicle; sunflowers, butterflies and smiley faces. It looked more like children's bicycle except it was with a motor.

"Yeah! Pretty."
It was funny how he looked seriously proud of himself with the stickers and shockingly, Aya loved it. People usually tell her she has bad taste in designs and she could never understand why.

"Finally! Someone stylish enough to understand this."
Getting such a compliment for the first time, Masaki felt indescribably happy. Aya smiled seeing him in joy, she sat behind the seat.

"I didn't know you're that kind of person who drives bikes or cars. I thought you would prefer to walk or take a bus."
Seeing Masaki on TV, he seemed like a slow silly stupid-in-a-good-way kind of person to her, not like Jun who clearly looks like a guy with sports car or those super fast motorbikes.

"I used to take busses but after my face was published to the public, I couldn't dare to take those transports."
Turning on the engine, he puts on his helmet. He remembered the day when his fans got over excited that caused big trouble on the bus.

"Ah, I see. By the way, is this the fastest you can go?"
Going on the road, loads of motorbikes are taking over them and even the bicycles at the side moved faster. The speed of this bike was so slow that walking would save more time.

"I prefer to be slow and steady. Safety first, you learn that in kindergarten girl."
Masaki purposely drove slower and people around them started to stare at this one turtle bike, so slow that even looked like it's stopping once in a while which made Aya embarrassed to be the one who's riding on it.

"You're just scared to speed up isn't it? It's okay, you don't need to hide!"
She didn't want to lose, she shouted loud as they stopped at a red light so that people could hear her and embarrass him like he did to her.

"Oh yeah? You better hold on tight and take your words back!"
Just as the light turned green, Masaki speeded hundred times faster than before. Aya almost lost her balance but she gripped her hand on the seat, uncomfortably.

"You're gonna fall if you don't hold on tight to me."
Sensing imbalance of Aya, Masaki still remained the speed and continued driving. Without any reply, he felt her thin arms softly wrapping around his waist. He speeds up more and she held it tighter.

"Okay, I take my words back! You can slow down now!"
Getting scared of the fastness he drived, Aya took her loss and yelled.

"Well, we're here already."
He slowed down the speed and parked his bike at his reserved parking spot. Aya didn't realize since she had her eyes closed for the past few minutes. As he stopped the engine, she opened her eyes and quickly let go of her arms around him.

"Oh. Erm, right. Okay, Good."
Her face started to blush when his slight six pack abs feeling was still present in her arms and she now sees that he is not just a thin guy.

"Come on, lets go! Jun doesn't like to wait."
Masaki took off her helmet for her as she looked down to hide her red face and he took her hand, leading to their place.

 

Like every other morning, Mao woke up, changed her clothes, brushed her teeth, drank coffee, took her usual bus and entered the Diamond building. The only thing different were the attitudes of staffs and the stare from everyone working there. She didn't get her usual greeting from the receptionist nor her junior models but feeling uncomfortable with all the stares she got. Running for the elevator, the staff just closed it knowing she is coming.

"Argh. Fine, I'll just take the stairs."
When she was about to walk up the stairs, she got a light tap from behind. It was Erika. Without a word, Erika dragged her up the stairs and checked if no one is looking.

"Is there something wrong with me today, Erika-chan? Argh, they're treating me like I'm their enemy."
Mao started to complain but froze when Erika showed a magazine in front of her face.

"This is not good!"
Mao took the magazine from Erika in her hands and on the front page; there she was with Toma posing on Crystal magazine.

"I'm sorry Mao-chan. I thought it was for fun like Toma-kun said...”
Erika spoke softly as Mao flipped through the magazine and sees loads of her pictures inside. No wonder people are starring at her, she thought.

"What do I do now? This is crazy. The president is going to scold me and I can already imagine Nagasawa-san's mad face!"
Mao started to worry as the fashion show was just three days ahead and she couldn't dare to make any problems right now.

"If they find out that Aiba-kun and I are also behind this, what will happen to the fashion show?"
Erika started to drop tears as Mao tried to comfort her. She knew it was her first big event of the year and she had worked so hard for this.

"I thought we are friends."
Sighing, Erika dropped her head down. Mao felt bad for her but she didn't know what to do. Should she tell the truth? Or make up a story to cover them.

"Fine. If you're going to tell the truth, go ahead. But remember, I'll haunt you down forever and destroy your life until you're left with nothing."
She looked up, her expression was totally different. There was no Erika that Mao knew of. It looked like as if devil took over her body.

"I was only going to reveal my true self later but oh well; I guess I have to change the plan."
Leaning on the wall, she crossed her arms and legs, looking like a villain as she continued.

"I only got close to you because you are close to Sho but I guess you too could be used, like him."
She laughed and sat next to Mao who was sitting on the stairs with shock.

"Wha, what do you mean?"
Mao's voice was trembling. She feared the true Erika; she looked down, refusing to have contact with her eyes.

"Don't you get it? I only got close to him so I can easily get into the top model with high reputation. I acted cute and kind in front of him so he would help me but I can't believe he fell for me."
She told Mao that the only reason she refused him is because she found someone else that can be used.

"I knew you would still be my friend after I turn him down. I decided to use you instead, my dear Mao-chan."
She smoothed Mao's hair down, smiling when Mao started to drop tears.

"What is your wish? What do you want?"
Mao finally turned her head and looked at Erika.

"If I tell you that, it will ruin my plan. I'm not that stupid to spill everything to you. Well, I hope you go with the right choice. We're powerful than you can imagine. Good day, Mao-chan."
Tapping Mao's head, Erika stood up and left the scene and went in a group of other models and greeted like nothing happened. Mao felt worse when she noticed at the word `we` used by Erika, meaning there's something more is behind her.

 

Humming her favorite song, she walked to the bus stop, playing with her new keys in her hand. She loved her new place, simple yet cozy and most of all, they guy she is starting to like is her neighbor. He offered her help to transfer her clothing from her old place by his so called `cool` bike which was kind of him but failed since his bike is to small to fit bags of clothes and ended up Jun helping her instead. But Aya interpreted that as cute, plus she love his humor she got to know yesterday while they were having dinner together. She smiled, imaging the fun time but suddenly felt there's something wrong when she entered the building. The atmosphere wasn't the same as usual and she hears lots people whispering about something with a magazine in their hands. Looking around, trying to listen what they are talking about, she entered the elevator and pressed the top floor.

"Excuse me."
Knocking on the door, Aya entered the room where Kazunari was sitting down reading the Crystal magazine. He closed it and looked up, seeing the girl he adores right in front of him first thing in the morning was like heaven.

"I just moved house so I thought I should change the detail on the form I filled in a few days back."
Aya wondered why everyone is reading the same magazine since this morning. She tried to peek to see it but Kazunari took the form out and placed it just on top of it.

"Right. So the owner didn't come back huh. Oh, you're living in the same place as Jun and Masaki."
Seeing Aya erasing and writing her new address with her neat handwriting, Kazunari wondered why she decided to move there. Is she living with one of them? No, that can't be right since the unit number is different. Don't be a stalker, he reminded to himself.

"Can I see that for a moment? Is there anything interesting ‘cause I see lots of people holding that in this building."
Just as he removed the paper and put it in the file, Aya pointed at the magazine.

"It's just Mao on the Crystal magazine. There must be something misunderstanding since I do trust Mao as the top model of Diamond."
Kazunari passed the magazine to her and protected Mao but he was still worried about the fashion show since lots of Medias would be attending and he didn't want any bad reputation for Diamond.

"I'm sure Mao-chan didn't appear there on purpose."
Aya took a closer look at the front page and realized it was Mao with the top model in Crystal. She heard that both companies are fighting for number one all the time and it is a rule for both the company to not get too close with one another.

"As you're her best friend, I believe your thoughts."
Kazunari smiled and took back the magazine. Aya smiled back and rushed to see Mao. She knew she still would be in trouble and Aya couldn't stand seeing her in one. She went down to the studio floor, hoping to see her practicing her catwalk with the other models.

"Aya-chan."
Sho called her name as soon as he saw her presence. Not only he wanted to see her close, he was also worried about Mao's trouble just like Aya.

"Hi, Sho-kun. Have you seen Mao-chan?"
Aya smiled and was relieved to see Sho who could hold some information about Mao.

"No, I haven't but I heard about the happening. The rumor says that she is planning to move to Crystal but I don't believe it."
He loved Aya's smile but now, he had to focus on Mao's issue. Satoshi came rushing, holding the magazine and looking around eager to see Mao.

"Satoshi!"
Aya called his name and he too knew about Mao's trouble. He believed Mao is innocent and he is willing to help her in anyways if he can.

"Have you seen Mao? Hey, you. Have you? Argh. How about you? No?"
Masami came to their floor, searching for Mao. She looked pissed and she was rough against the models. Aya needed to calm her down and explain to her that there must be a misunderstanding before Masami sees Mao.

"Nagasawa-san! I need to tell you something!"
Aya walked fast to her but Mao walked in first and reached in front of Masami.

"Ah! Mao! Do you know what you have done?!"
Before Mao could explain, Masami shouted and held her shoulder, shaking them, waiting for answer.

"I'm ready for any punishment."
Mao looked right into Masami's eyes, there was no fear shown in her eyes.

"What's going on?"
Unable to read the situation, Masaki walked next to Aya, coming out from the elevator. He was always blurring.

"Look."
Satoshi handed the magazine he was holding. Masaki focused on the front cover and finally understood the tense atmosphere.

"Nagasawa-san. This is not how it looks like."
Masaki went up to them, trying to explain the truth but was cut by Mao who saw Erika in the corner, standing and starring at Mao.

"I am the one responsible for that cover picture. I offered them; I was careless that it would go on public."
Mao bowed down and apologized for the trouble she caused. Masaki tried to interrupt but Mao didn't let him. She even told him to shut up.

"Is that the true, Mao?"
No one realized that the president was standing in front of the elevator for the past few seconds until he voiced out. Mao nodded and Masami sighed.

"I need to think how I'm going to deal with you but for right now, please leave now and lock yourself at home until this matter clears up. You will not be able to attend the fashion show."
Kazunari didn't want to say this but he had to as the trouble had gone bigger than he thought. There was loads of calls from the media, his sponsors and complains from the fans.

"That is not fair! You told me earlier that you believe my thoughts! You even said there must be some kind of misunderstanding! Why? Why are you being like this?!"
Aya stepped in as she couldn't stand anymore. She wasn't satisfied with his temporally deal with Mao.

"I also said I trust Mao. If she is saying the truth, I trust her and will believe what she tells me."
Kazunari replied to Aya who looked like she was going to cry any minute and that made his heart ache.

"I hate you!"
Ouch, that broke his heart. Seeing her cry created hatred to himself and he wanted to bang his own head on the wall if he could.

"It's none of your business! Stop putting your head in everything, it's annoying!"
To everyone's surprise, Mao shouted at Aya.

"She just wants to help. She cares about you. Like we all care for you."
Sho went up to her and held her shoulder. He has never seen Mao act like this before.

"Just leave me alone."
Mao pushed his hand away and walked out from the circle, the floor and this building. The only person smiling on this floor was Erika, she was still standing in the corner and no one realized her smile. She flipped her phone and dialed a number as she went down the stairs.

"First stage accomplished. I'll see you tonight, I love you too, Toma."  

____________________________________________________________________________________________