Job at `Diamond`

Can I hold you tight...?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Aya looked way up to see the entire building.
`Diamond`, the sign board said.

That was the company's name. It is the No.1 fashion company in Japan. It sells clothes, jewelry, magazine and all the top models were in this agency.

"This is huuugeee.."
Aya opened her eyes wide. She heard of this company before but she never actually seen the main building.

"Come on."
Mao pulled Aya's arms and dragged her in.

"Welcome back Inoue-sama."
The reception ladies greeted Mao and bowed.
Mao headed to the lift and Aya followed behind.

"Can I just see the designer first? I'm bit late and she's a impatient person."
Mao pressed the floor button.

"Of course. Whatever you say Mao-chan."

Mao quickly went off the lift as soon as the door opened.

"Inoue Mao!"
A lady called her name from far inside. There were lots of staffs helping her.

"Sorry, Nagasawa-san."
Mao quickly went near her and bowed.

Aya looked at the lady and was surprised. She was just about her and Mao's age and yet she looks like the leader and she had the control.

"Why can't you just be on time? Argh. Hey you, measure Mao's size."
Masami asked a random staff to measure Mao.
They were all busy that they never realised the existence of Aya there.

"Okay. All done. I'll see you later at the photo shoot."
Masami went over to see her sizes taken by one of the staff and dismissed her.

"Sorry for keeping you wait. Come, this way."
Mao took Aya on the lift again, pressing the top floor.

"She's same age as us. Nagasawa Masami. But I need to respect her since she's the top designer. AHHH."
Mao punched the lift. She looks annoyed.

"You're one of the top model too, right?"
Aya remembered seeing Mao everyday in the media. From television, magazines, advertisement and more.

"Well, yeah.. But there's rumour around the company that she's going out with the president. So yeahh.."
Mao told Aya not to tell anyone. She was not sure whether it is true or not.

"Right. Need to be careful then."

The lift opened and Mao knocked on the big door.

"Come in"
A young man voice came from the room.

Mao opened the door and went in, follwed by Aya.

"What do you want?"
The president didn't look at them but kept on looking down at his files, going through lots of paper works.

"My dear good friend is looking for a job and I just wanted to ask if she could..."

"I really really need a job really quick or else I'll be homeless!"
Aya interrupted.

The president looked up and saw Aya bowing next to Mao.

"Right.. Mao, will you excuse us for a moment?"

Mao went out of the room, leaving Aya who was still putting her head down.

"Err. Please lift your head up. I'm the president of Diamond, Ninomiya Kazunari. Nice to meet you."
Kazunari stood up from his chair.

"I'm Ueto Aya. Nice to meet you too."
Finally, Aya lifted her head up and smiled.

Kazunari was surprised to see Aya. He didn't expect her to be that pretty. He has seen lots of beautiful models and he thought Aya can beat some of them.

"Erm, right. Err. About the job.."
He tried to calm down.

"I will do anything. Anything. I promise. So please please, pretty please with a cherry on top! Give me a job..?"
Aya did her puppy eyes. It always worked with both males and females.

And yes, it worked for him too. It was too cute.

"You can be an assistant in diamonds. You just help any staff that needs help, alright? That's the only job I can think of that is left."
Kazunari looked at Aya's happy face.

"Thank you! Thank you so much! I'll start the job right away!"
Aya jumped up and down with joy.

"...Yes?"
Aya was staring at Kazunari that made him feel awkward.

"Can.. Can I get my pay early..? I need to pay my room rent.."
Embarrasingly, Aya asked.

"That's why you were so eagered for jobs."
He took few notes from his purse and handed it over to Aya.

"Err. It's not enough?"
He asked as Aya was still staring at him.

"No no, its enough! Erm.. Where do I begin my work?"
Aya was clueless about this job.

"The photo shoot for the models are soon so there must be something you can help at the dressing floor. You can ask Mao to take you there. She needs to go there anyway."

"Sure, okay. Thank you."
Aya went out of the office and saw Mao waiting for her. She looked at Aya and did the 'So how was it?' look.

"I got the job!! As an assistant."
Aya hugged Mao and thanked her.

"Never thought that president would be that young.. I thought they are supporse to be all old man with no hair."

"Haha. He's rare. Thats why all the staff in Diamond are crazy about him. He's rich and cute too, right?"
Mao laughed.

"Oh! Mao-chan, you like him too?"
Smiled Aya.

"NO! Don't say that. I, I like..."

"You like someone! Who? Who? Who?"
Aya loved hearing Mao's love life. She loved to hear love situations from anyone.

"Hey! We're short of time! Follow me to the dressing floor."
Mao changed the topic and rushed with her blushed face.

____________________________________________________________________________________________