Welcome Prisoner

Separate Spheres

Aiden wrinkles his nose as he entered the room. If was the pungent smell of dead corpses. He distastefully glances at the ground to see skulls and rotting flesh. 

"You picked a good place to make a connector." He sarcastically remarks Luna. 

"It reeks so much you won't be able to tell a human is in here. And that's the purpose." Luna maneuvers around and opens a hidden door. "Anyways, it's my dungeon so no one cares."

He rolls his eyes. Luna was always like this, safety first.

These dead bodies were the people Luna fed on. It only takes a matter of seconds to kill someone, so the life span of a donor is short, very short. They weren't humans. They were vampires infatuated with Luna, they loved her deeply to give themselves away to her. Too bad it ended as an unrequited love.

Krystal was peacefully sprawled on his back. He had Luna mediate her to sleep using her charms. Seeing dead bodies would surely scare her. She was rather warm and he felt a pleasant feeling from his chest. 

Luna leads him to a corridor, and from there a hallway of rooms. She turns around and he halts. "I'm going to tell father that you arrived. As for her, I'll say you brought home a toy."

Aiden stared at the peaceful face of Krystal. "How can I convince father?"

"Hmmm... I don't know. There hasn't been a lot of vampire/human relationships that I know of, that are successful." Luna picks at her nails. "I need to go clean myself. Pick any room and mark it. I won't let anyone else enter except under your permission. "

"Thanks Luna."  He smiled at her warmly. He missed having a reliable sister. 

"I'll have a servant bring clothes for the both of you. I'll also look into some history for you." Luna heads to leave. "One thing I know for sure, she won't leave here unscathed. "

Aiden grimly nods and proceeds to open the rightmost door. He finds a bed and other smaller rooms for management. He places Krystal in the bed. 

He quickly moves to the front of the door and pulls out a knife. He cuts his index finger and writes his name onto the door. The name burns the wood and glows in dark purple before shortly fading away. The door was marked by him. He owns everything in the room and no one could enter without his consent. 

He closes the door and looks around. He jumps startled as Krystal pins him to the wall. Her glare was intense. 

"Where's my present." Her hands prevented him from escaping. 

Aiden gulped. "It's... uh..." He looks around the room. For anything. Anything remotely entertaining. His eyes catch onto something in the corner. "It's over there." His hand points to the corner. 

Krystal suspiciously turns around, her hands still on his arms. "What is it?"

Aiden replies, a bit more confident. "That.. That thing there." 

"Yeah where?" She turns back to him. He leans back as she was closer than before. It felt uncomfortable. Her face was inches away from his own. 

"The book over there." Aiden musters up the strength. 

Krystal bolts to the table and scavenges for the book. She picks it up and closes her eyes. Aiden let out a sigh of relief. She opens her eyes with annoyance. "A book that I can't even read?"

"Uhh. Exactly!" Aiden walks toward her. "I'll teach you how to read it."

"Your present to me... is a chore. You don't need to teach me." She rejects. "Where are we?" She takes a good look around. "This isn't Yuri's castle."

Aiden began to bite his nails. What should he tell her? What would she believe? 

She crossed her arms. "Tell me now Aiden."

A knock at the door saved Aiden. He cracked it open and Luna stood there with books. "Let me in?"

"Ah right." Aiden opens the door wider. 

Luna heaves the books in and drops them onto the floor. "These are all the vampire/human books I could find."

"We have another problem." Aiden glances at Krystal. "She wants to go home."

Luna laughs. "She can't." 

Krystal stomps her foot. "Speak Korean for crying out loud! You and you foreigners. Gah!"

Luna rolls her eyes. "She's perky isn't she?"

"What should I tell her? We can't let her leave this room." Aiden is deeply distressed. He couldn't tell her the truth. That Yuri and Jessica had been murdered by Kai. Or that Yuri's entire castle was only filled with corpses. 

"Just say she's a prisoner. That we kidnapped her." Luna shrugs. "I'll be going for real now. I need some rest." She heads for the door. 

Aiden nervously stares at Krystal. 

"Well?" She stares at him impatiently. 

He gives an awkward smile. "You're our prisoner. We kidnapped you from your brother-in-law's castle."

Krystal scoffed. "This isn't a time for a funny joke. Tell me the truth."

After considering Luna's idea, he felt it could work and gave a more confident approach. He approached her and gave a crisp smirk. He straightened up with a more defiant pose. "Do you think I'm joking?"

She scowled, her hand raised to smack him. He grabs her arm and swings her onto the bed. Aiden proceeded to pin her arms above her head while he hovered closely above her. Her struggle was weak, rather she was surprised he would do such a thing.

"Get o-" She glared at Aiden. 

He leans down to stare at her directly in the eyes. "I don't play games, nor am I in the mood for one. You should just be a good girl and listen to me."

She scoffs. "You're dead after this."

He grabs her chin violently. "Who said you could speak?" 

Krystal knees his stomach and he winces. She takes that opportunity to flip him over, her hand grabbing his knife at his side and place it on Aiden's neck. "Hmm? I did. You're my servant remember?"

He felt guilty as she was right. He was the one acting odd. She was naturally curious. He grit his teeth. However, she can't ever find out that her family is now dead. She must not shed a tear. He would not allow it. Because Krystal is prettiest when she's smiling. Hurting her is the last thing he'd want to do. 

Aiden surrendered on the bed. He raised an eyebrow at the girl straddling him. Her dress was torn and exposed a lot of her skin. 

Krystal assesses herself and turns tomato red. She jumps off Aiden, knife intact in her hands. "That wasn't what it looked like. I was merely defending myself."

"Keep that knife. You don't know when I'll attack you." Aiden sits up. 

Krystal holds her head. "What exactly is going on?"

"I told you. You're our prisoner. Your sister was naive to leave me with you. Especially since they don't know where I'm from." Aiden dusts off his clothing. "A perfect plan right? Now we can frame another kingdom for your disappearance."

She glares at him. "Lies. It disgusts me how you lie this much."

He smiles as she draws closer. She raises the knife instinctively. Paying no mind to the knife that was poking his stomach, he came to mere inches to her face. "But they won't ever find you. And you'll forever be locked up in here. I'll make sure of that." He pulls her chin close and captures her lips in a brief embrace. She pulls away shocked and slaps him. 

He laughs. "You're trembling." He looks down at her hand. "Hmm. What is this? Do you like me?"

Krystal breaks away from him. "Who'd like a llama like you?"

"Bad choice." He grabs her from behind and plants a kiss on her neck. She freaks and jabs the knife into his chest. 

He looks down to see the protruding handle. Blood begins to bleed through his clothing. "I'm going to need some blood."