Missing

Separate Spheres

Yuri nearly had dragged the boy to the hallway. The child was desperate to break away, trying to jump off the darn ship, he tried to jump out the windows. He groaned as the boy kicked his shin and bolted. 

*** Fifteen minutes later *** "Do you regret your decision?" Taeyeon asked as he searches the engine room.

"Not one bit." Yuri sighs and opens a door. Empty. Where on earth was that boy! He couldn't have jumped off, for the boat's exits were locked after they left the island. 

"Well I regret it." Taeyeon kicks a barrel. "I lost one of my good men. Grant."

"My condolences. I'll hire a new replacement when we return." Yuri walks down the hall, checking each door and room. Nothing.

"No need. I shall retire after his voyage." Taeyeon grins. "In three days I shall be with my wife and child."

"Lucky you." Yuri slams the door, frustrated. "Where is that boy?!?"

"Do not fret. I'll have my men search. Go to your wife, she must be worried about you." Taeyeon pushes him up the stairs. 

"If he is found dead... Then his death is on my conscience." Yuri braces himself as the boat churns strongly. "What was that?"

"The storm we ventured into seems to be following us." Taeyeon sighs. "Go up. If any harm shall come, we will be prepared to fight it."

Yuri slaps his hand on his friend's shoulder. "Thank you."

Yuri then heads up and returns to his room. Jessica dashes to him and hugs him. "Where were you."

Yuri sighs, smelling the scent of her hair. He smiled. "Looking for a boy."

"A boy?" Jessica frowns. "What boy?"

"We found a boy on the island. Now he's disappeared." Yuri holds Jessica's hand. "But we will find him."

"A young boy?"

"More like a young man. He was nearly as tall as me, but thin." Yuri reassures. "He fended well for himself and I must imagine that he can do it again for the next two hours."

She sits down on a nearby couch and pulls Yuri with her. She makes a grunt as he falls on top of her. 

"What is the occasion?" Yuri smirks, kissing her. 

"I am still fearful." She admits and Yuri holds her face in his hands. "What is to be afraid of my dear?"

She closes her eyes, embracing his hands. "I feel like we are bringing home trouble."

"I will protect you." Yuri promises. "Even if I must die."

"Don't speak such nonsense." Jessica slaps his shoulder. "You will jinx it."

"As long as my wife is safe from harm, I will say whatever I wish." He smiles and kisses her forehead. "Rest, we will return home within the week."

Yuri pulls Jessica into bridal style and gently places her on the bed. "Sleep." She nods and Yuri climbs in after her, bringing her close. 

"Krystal must be so lonely." Jessica notes as she closes her eyes. "Let us return quickly."

Yuri stares as his wife falls asleep and sighs. Upon returning home, he would have to arrange Krystal's suitors and Jessica would be very defensive. 

And the boy... He had to be found. 

"We must find the boy." Yuri mutters and closes his eyes.