Beast Meets Princess

Separate Spheres

Yuri woke up cold. The spot where his wife was supposed to be was vacant. He frowned and sat up. The moon light told him it was still dusk, and maybe dawn.  

She was sitting on the edge of the bed, hunched over. 

"Sooyeon?" He asks, reaching out for her. 

She turns to him, appearing a bit sick. "I had morning sickness."

His eyes widen. "Are you okay?" He touches her forehead, it was normal. "Let's go see Choi Sooyoung."

"No." She shakes her head. Yuri smiles. Her reaction was cute. 

"Why? If you are pregnant, we need to confirm it." Yuri insists, pulling his wife into a hug. 

"I'm sure it was the clams I had yesterday." Jessica tries to explain why she was sick. "I'm not pregnant."

"Why do you think that?" He asks, kissing her forehead. "Its a beautiful miracle."

"I don't want to have children." She admits. 

"Why?" He asks, frowning. "We need a son to be my heir."

"It makes me feel old." She rests her head on his shoulders. "I want to always be with you, forever. But if we have children, it just shows me that I'm not in my youth anymore."

He chuckles. "You'll always be my youthful princess. I still remember when I first glimpsed you, my third year of high school was it?"

She elbows him. "That means nothing coming from you." 

He grins. "And who can hate babies?"

"A minority of people." 

"But the majority love them, and you'll never grow out of your beauty." Yuri compliments her. "I promise."

"Beauty fades, meaning I will grow ugly. And stupidity is forever, meaning you must be a ignorant man to be thinking like that." Jessica rolls her eyes. 

"You're the exception." Yuri smiles. 

"Do not try to flatter me." She pulls away. 

"Why upset my dear." He scoops her up and lays her down on the bed. "Are you scared?"

She flinches at the question. 

"So you are scared... Of what?" Yuri holds her face, trying to make her feel better. 

"Child birth." She closes her eyes, shivering a bit. "What if I die?"

"Die?" He scoffs. "Rubbish. I will send for the best doctors and nurses, do not fret, and be positive." He comforts her, bringing her close to him. 

Her breathing becomes slower and she falls asleep in his arms. Yuri admires his wife, so vulnerable in his arms and kisses her forehead. "No one can separate us."

A man knocks on the door. "Sir!"

Yuri gently gets up and heads to the door. "What."

"We found the boy!" He exclaims. "He's currently with Captain Taeyeon."

"Good work. I'll be up there soon." Yuri dismisses the messenger and returns to his wife. He stares at her belly, she could possibly be pregnant, making her a mother and him a father. "I'll be back darling."

He grabs his overcoat and heads up to the captains deck, where Taeyeon waits and the boy was sitting down, bound in rope. "We found him."

Yuri nods. "Good, now take off the ropes."

"He'll run away." Taeyeon shakes his head. "I'm not letting him loose."

"He must be in shock." Yuri persuades Taeyeon. "And the ropes aren't helping."

Taeyeon sighs and hands his assistant the knife to release the boy. 

Once freed, Aiden looks around, anxious. Yuri pats his shoulder and smiles at him. "Nice to see you again Aiden."

The boy growls, feeling a bit scared.

"No more running away." Yuri reassures. "We won't hurt you." He leads Aiden to his room, without telling Jessica. 

He leads him into the living room. "Here's your bed." He points to the couch. Aiden stares at him. Yuri sighs and lays down, demonstrating. The boy follows and Yuri beams. Then he shows him the bathroom. He acted out doing his business and the boy followed his orders well. It was like having a son for Yuri. He smiled every time Aiden looked up with a curious glance, as if to ask him if he was doing it correctly and Yuri would nod. The boy was remarkably obedient. He wonders what happened to him to act so calm. 

Jessica, rubbing her eyes, walked out. "Yuri?"

"Yes darling?" He asks, and Aiden growls. "Shush."

Jessica frowns when she sees the boy. "Who is...?"

"He was found on the island." Yuri explains. "And I adopted him."

"Adopted...?" She stares at Yuri. "Why has this not been mentioned?"

"It was a very quick decision." Yuri tries to calm his raging wife. "It was for a good cause too."

Aiden walks up to her and sniffs her arm. He looks up and smiles at her. Jessica backs away, a bit nervous and creeped out. 

"Jessica." Yuri calls. 

Aiden frowns. "Jeeezzika?" He turns to Yuri who nods  smiling. 

"Yuri." He points to himself. 

"Youreee." Aiden smiles and lays on the couch, content. 

"Does he not speak Korean?" She asks. Yuri nods. "Will he not have to learn?"

"I was thinking of a solution. Possibly Krystal can?" Yuri suggests. Jessica glares at him. "She needs to be raised with a grateful heart. As of now, she is spoiled."

"She is my sister." 

"Do you not believe in your sister, that she could teach Aiden?" Yuri challenges. Check and mate. 

"..." Jessica crosses her arms. "Good night."

"We are almost home, sleep well." Yuri smiles as his wife shuts the door on him. He glances at Aiden, who is wriggling around the couch. He seemed like a dog rolling in grass. 

"Odd. But I think it's a great idea." Yuri smirks as Aiden bites a pillow, before tossing is away. 

*** Two days later ***

"Krystal!" Jessica hugs her younger sister. "I missed you!"

"Me as well! Any presents?" Krystal looks around, disregarding her sister. 

Jessica smiles. "Of course."

Krystal beams. "Where???" 

Yuri comes into view. "Hello Krystal." Behind him walks a cleanly dressed Aiden. His hair was cut and tidied. He looked out of place, for his eyes were wild. "Here is your present."

Krystal's excitement drains as she realizes it's a ugly boy with crazy eyes. "You must be joking."

"It's a challenge." Yuri smiles. "His name is Aiden."

"... Return him." She turns away and Yuri pushes Aiden to follow her. He was first hesistent, by followed his master's orders. He followed the girl to her room, where she turned around, and nearly fell in shock. 

"What are you doing here?!?!?" She exclaims. "Get out!!" 

Aiden tilts his head, then plops onto the ground, fascinated by the carpet. 

"Did you not hear me?!? Leave!" She shrieks out and boils with anger as Aiden pulls at her carpet. "Leave that alone." She slaps his hand and he growls at her, and it was not the friendly growl. It was a territorial growl. She backed up, frightened. "Get out?"

Aiden returns to the carpet. It seemed like animal fur. A deer? No... It was a bear. No... What was this?!?! Not an animal, but a soft fabric. 

He then turns his attention to the girl, who was shrinking in her bed. He jumps up and walks to her. She hides under her covers, scared. He jumps onto the bed and lays down, tired. 

"Tieeard." He says. His master taught him that she he was exhausted or sleepy, this word. 

Krystal glared at him and pulled her blanket, he was under it and she cursed loudly. "You are like a dog!!!"

He scowls and opens his eyes, staring at her. He thinks for a moment, then puts his fingers to his lips, like how Yuri did when they dragged him to the barber. It meant silence. 

He would be honest. Aiden did not understand these people. He was on a rite of passage, suggested by his father, but these humans came and took him, here. He was a vampire, but the humans here were all corrupt and contained foul blood, he found that out after draining a man named Grant. Their language was also very odd. They used many words with a long line of letters. 

This girl he was beside was a brat. He could tell from her behavior. She needed discipline and he could do that. 

He yawned and stretched, revealing his scar across his back to Krystal. She frowned at it and turned away quickly. Aiden sighed and closed his eyes again. 

"I'm calling my security." Krystal got up, but the door opened itself, with Yuri and Jessica coming in. 

"Oh ho? Friends already?" Yuri teases. Krystal glares at him. "Its not a permanent challenge. Just do it was six months, then we can talk."

"Six months is my 18th birthday!" Krystal screams out. Aiden scowls. He grabs her face and pulls her so that she's laying down, and quiet. 

"Aiden, gentle." Yuri says, Aiden adjusts his grip and releases her. 

"Jental." He repeats, snoozing fast. 

"Care to expains what he's... What he is? He growled at me, the princess!" Krystal looks to her sister for answers. 

"Here's the deal." Jessica starts. "We've been thinking."

"We?..."

"Yuri and I, we think it's time you learn responsibility." Jessica gives her a small smile. "We want you to teach him, for six months, on how to be civilized."

"This fake animal... Into a person? No." Krystal snaps. 

"Do it, or leave my house." Yuri says. "I don't mind you leaving at all, it reduces one of my expenses."

Jessica hits him. "She's my sister!"

"Not of royal blood." Yuri reminds her. "I'm the king, my family has ruled for generations. You were born to a arisocrat."

"I'm a princess!" Krystal kicks her feet. 

"You are not my blood relative, I can remove you." Yuri stops, as Jessica glares at him. "I'll let you stay here, if you look after him."

"Why?" Krystal frowns. "What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing. But it's time to grow up."