Great Idea

Separate Spheres

Aiden woke up and he was on the floor. His back ached and his was another painful spot. That witch kicked him. He glared up at the bed and quickly stood up. He was taken aback at her sleeping face, peaceful and timeless, as if her beauty froze the world. He had a urge to bite her, maybe her blood was not as foul as that greedy man. Maybe she would taste delicately sweet, like cherries. He closed in on her neck, which was left exposed and with blood rigorously pumping the veins. He bared his teeth and was about to penetrate her skin when she suddenly rolled over, punching Aiden as she turned. 

He scowls and lefts out a growl. That witch... Is playing... With me... Aiden effortlessly used his index finger to push her off the bed and he claimed her spot as his. He laid and closed his eyes. "That should tell her."

The cold surface and hard wood floors aroused her awake and she scowled as she spotted the man animal sleeping peacefully with a smile. 

That animal... She would talk to Jessica and have him decapitated. No one treats Krystal like a second class citizen. She was the princess and her orders were absolute.

"Stupid mutt." She glares at him. "Beware. I'm going to remove you forever."

He lifts up his leg and let's out a loud fart. She grimaces and kicks the bed frame in frustration. "You don't know who you are dealing with!"

Aiden turns and hides his smirk. This girl needs to get a nanny. She is ill mannered. Maybe he should teach her a few things about humbleness and being polite. 

He finally returns to deep slumber and he gets a message from his father. 

"Aiden, where are you?" His father asks, with crossed arms. 

He smiled nervously. "The human world."

"What? Why?!?" His father growls. 

Aiden flinches. "I was dragged onto their boat by large men."

"Why did you not dispose of them?" His father sighs in disapproval. 

"I rid one and his blood was horrible. He tasted like cardboard." Aiden protested. 

"Taste is not the matter. A kill is a kill. Now. Do you know where in the human world?"

Aiden shakes his head in disappointment. "They couldn't let me find where I was."

"Your mother is worried sick." His father scowls. "On your rite of passage to becoming a man, you mess up."

"I'm sorry father." Aiden lowers his head. 

"Don't blame yourself, it was my fault for sending you to an exposed island." 

"I thought they couldn't see us??" Aiden exclaimed. 

"That island is a bridge from our world to theirs. Anyone who saw that has to be removed."

"Removed?" Aiden says nervous, he had become friends with Yuri.

"Anyway. I'll dispatch Luna to come fetch you. Don't make any unnecessary actions." His dad ends the call. 

Light shines down on Aiden and he scowls. Rolling over on the bed, he touches something warm. His eyes open to see that the witch brat girl was beside him This time her eyes were open and in them was disgust and anger. She kicked him on the belly and he was pushed off the bed. He grunted as a response and got up. 

"You have no manners!" She exclaims. "Sleeping on the same bed as a maiden like me!"

He rolls his eyes. He couldn't even understand her language. After a humans used such a complicated language, whereas vampires simply show emotions. 

He raises an eyebrow when she jabs a finger at the door, expecting him to leave. He let's out a laugh and watches as she becomes angry, for he doesn't understand her. 

"Leave!!!!! Now!!!" She commands.

"He does not know our language." A voice informs her from behind. It was Yuri. "He is a foreigner."

"... He looks like us.." Krystal turns to him in disbelief. 

"He is." Yuri shrugs. Aiden grins as Yuri walks closer. 

"He can at least use body language."

"Yyyoouuueeeee." Aiden says, grinning. Yuri pats his head. 

"I don't care! Make him leave!" Krystal whines. 

"He is going to leave only if." Yuri smiles. 

"If what??" Krystal asks, hooked and bent on getting that odd man out.

"Teach him our language and to be civil. It is that simple." 

"... Our language is vast." Krystal complains. 

"That or nothing else." Yuri cuts her off. "Think of it as a charity event."

"Charity events aren't fun." She scoffs. 

"Make it fun." Yuri departs for the door. 

"Have fun you two." Yuri smiles and leaves the two.

Aiden sits down, closely watching her every move. She crossed her arms and glared at him, as if trying to move him using her brain power. 

After a quiet period of time, she points to herself and softly says. "Krystal."

He raises an eyebrow and she glares again. "Kreeeestalll."

She scoffs at his attempt and repeat. "Krystal."

"Kreeestaall." He says again, smirking. She rolls her eyes and points to him. 

He frowns at at her finger. Did she want him to introduce himself? He taps his chest. "Aiden."

She scoffs again, seeing how they were actually making progress. "Aiden."

He nods content and gives her a smile. Maybe she wasn't bad after all. Perhaps he had a wrong first impression. 

She looks around. She had art class soon and her supplies were heavy. Her stand and paints would be a burden to carry with her tiny arms. 

She points to the supplies and points to him to pick it up. He frowns and she grabs one of her brushes and hands it for him to hold, then she brings her stand and hands it to him. He takes it, confused and is dragged out her room carrying her supplies. 

"Having a slave isn't as bad as I thought." She grins as he shuffles behind her with a pained grimace.