Are We Lost?

Separate Spheres

"So..." Aiden looked back at Krystal. "Where are we?"

She was sitting on a tree stump. The two of them were stuck in the middle of the forest, with no real idea of where they were. Luna sent them somewhere random - not to Yuri's castle. Aiden was looking around for any sign of civilization.

"Are you going to kill me?" She glared at him. He shivered under her gaze.

"No." Aiden decides to climb a tree. "You're Yuri's... sister. And I'm sure you would kill me first."

"That's... not reassuring." 

"I promised Yuri I would protect you. So that means I can't harm you. His ghost would haunt me." Aiden slaps his head. Hopefully she would not catch that. "You can trust me."

"I don't... And I won't."

"I'm doing this because I care about you." Aiden shrugs. "You would too."

"You care about me? What's the world gone to now?" Krystal holds her head. "Could you give me some sign that I'm not going crazy? Reality is... hard to see."

Aiden looks back at her. "I think you're gone too far to be considered normal."

"... Okay then." Krystal sighs. "What are you exactly?"

Aiden tilts his head. "I thought we already told you. I'm a vampire."

"Then how come you're not burning up in flames? How come you can eat garlic?" She narrows her eyes. "Why are you wearing a crucifix and not evaporating?"

Aiden bursts out laughing. "Haha. Are you serious?" He holds his stomach while he laughs at the ignorant things Krystal spouted. "What are you? Five years old?"

She frowns. "This isn't funny. I need to find as much information about you monsters before I tell Yuri to burn you to the ground." She crosses her arms with a crazy glare.

"I think you are crazy." Aiden rolled his eyes. "And how would you burn us? With pitch forks and torches? Is this the medival age?"

"Flamethrower?" Krystal corrects. 

"Ooohh flamethrower..." Aiden mocks her. "I will burn like toast."

"You think it's funny now, bit wait till I get back to the castle." She declared strongly. "I'll make sure Yuri executes you."

"You can't go back." He retorts. "There's nothing there..."

"Excuse me?" Krystal throws a rock at Aiden. "Say that again?"

Aiden slapped himself. He just blurted out a deep secret he was supposed to keep. She won't believe him right? She won't. "You can't go back. Because. You're my prisoner."

She scoffs. "There we go again with this stupid acting." 

Aiden stares at her. "Let's go find some place to sleep. I think a town should be nearby." He jumps off the tree with ease, landing a five foot drop easily. "Sleeping out here is too dangerous. And cold."

"Why should I go anywhere with you?" Krystal remains seated. Her eyes were piercing daggers. Her aura was also intimidating. 

He contemplates for a moment. "There are bugs out here. Spiders. Worms. Beetles. Flies. Wasps. Lizards. Snakes. And rats. If you enjoy them as roommate, be my guest." He starts off in one direction. She would follow him. He just made it appear that the great outdoors is creepy and disgusting. 

Krystal bit her lip. He was right. There were a lot of bugs and revolting animals out here. Aiden kept walking with no sign or desire to stop. She groaned as she began to go after him. Her hand quietly reached for his shoulder . Aiden glances at her while he dodges her hand. 

"I'm just following you to the next town. Then I'm leaving." She mutters. 

"If we find one, that is." He returns to walking. "And you're supposed to be my caretaker. Remember what my sister said?" 

"Yes." She winced as they began to descend. Her hands touch her rib. It was surely broken because of Luna. 

"Something wrong?" He looks at her hand. "Are you in pain?"

She nods. "Your sister flung me like a pillow. I think I broke a couple ribs." She breathes heavily. "I'll be fine once we get to that town."

"Do you want some blood?" Aiden asked her. She returned his words with a gag. "My blood can heal you. Just saying."

She shakes her head. "I'm not getting involved in any more of your voodoo magic." Her hands pushed against the tree bark while she trudged slowly behind Aiden. 

He was getting impatient because she was slow. And loud. And complaining. So what did he chose to do? Pick her up and walk and ignore any means of resistance. Luckily for him, she didn't say a word. She just glared at him.

"How did we get to this forest?" She asked. 

"We were teleported by Luna." Aiden answered while dodging the trees. 

"How?"

"Magic, duh?" Aiden's hands tightened around Krystal. "You're heavy."

"How can you say that to a girl?" Krystal jabbed her finger into his shoulder. "Be considerate of others."

"I thought we agreed that you're a old hag." Aiden smirked. 

"I am the very definition of a girl. I'm young, pretty, and smart." 

Aiden rolls his eyes and continues to speed through the forest. Some time had passed since they started moving and no town was yet to be seen. 

"Jeez Luna sent us out really far, didn't she." Aiden muttered. 

"I bet Jessica's worried about me." Krystal grumbles. "When can we go home? I really misss my bed and I hate to admit it, my sister."

Aiden kept his mouth shut and kept running. They had to find a town soon, else they might have to sleep outside. Like he did on that deserted island. He shuttered. It was a horrible experience. 

"I even miss that dumb English teacher Suzy. And Yuri. And Kai." She sighs. Aiden gritted his teeth. Krystal didn't know the truth so, of course, she would like Kai. Nothing would have stopped Aiden from tearing his head apart because of what he did. 

"He's a bad seed." Aiden growls. 

"Don't be jealous because he's more handsome and taller than you. Plus he has manners. He's the perfect groom." Krystal slapped his shoulder. "If you want to find a girlfriend, use him as your role model."

"Girlfriend? What's a girlfriend?" Aiden frowned.

"You don't know what a girlfriend is?" She scoffs.

Aiden cringes as she flays her arms. "I know the girl and the word friend. I don't know what a girlfriend is. Explain it to me?"

"Well you know... Someone you like." She stutters.

"Someone you like?" He frowns. "What does that mean?"

"..." She sighs. "You know what, ask Suzy when we get back. She'll tell you all about it. In fact, she'll tell you who she likes."

"I don't think that's possible..." 

"Why not?"

"Cuz she's dead."