Danger

Separate Spheres

Aiden stared at the door. Krystal was supposed to be out by dawn, it was noon. He sat criss cross with his right hand palming his chin. "Annoying. Yuck. I smell blood."

At that moment, the door opened. Krystal threw him a box. "Here."

"What is this?" Aiden inspects it. He opened it to see that it was filled with food. "Mine?" 

She shakes her head. "As if, it's for Kai."

"Kai?" Aiden scrunches his face. "Bad man."

Krystal smacks him across the back. "He's a nice boy. And I've known him since I was a little girl."

"You were little?" Aiden raises an eyebrow. The human language was easily learned, too simple. "When did you get so big?"

She stops walking and glares at Aiden. He sends her a small smile. "I don't know where you're from, but I'm a delicate and SMALL girl."

"You were a girl?" He peers closely at her. "You weren't a witch?"

She let's out a sigh. "A witch is also a GIRL!"

"A witch is a hag."

"..."

Krystal barges past him and he tries to catch up. 

They walk down a hallway into the courtyard and Aiden rolls his eyes as Krystal readies herself, checking her clothes and hair using a small mirror. Aiden brushed against her shoulder and accidentally knocked her mirror to the ground. She looked up with a angry scowl. 

"Why did you do that?" She pinched him and he reacted angrily. 

He pinned her against the wall and let out a low growl. "Don't you dare touch me."

She frowns as he realizes that she's close to him. Their faces were inches apart. He pulls away. Something was wrong. The air was thick. It had foul odor. And that was having a toil on him. 

"Ahem." A voice calls out. Aiden turns around. He grins widely and runs to her. 

"Luna!" He whips her in his arms, swinging her left and right. "I missed you!!"

The blonde girl groaned as her back cracked. "Nice to see you too brother."

Aiden smiled and held Luna's hands. "Why did it take you so long??"

"Some peasants were blocking the entrance to this kingdom." Luna shrugged. "I disposed of them."

"What?" Aiden frowns. "So you were the reason for the blood."

"Excuse me...." Krystal nearly screeches. The two people were speaking another language and she was getting frustrated. 

"Who is this?" Luna scowls as she peers at the girl, taking her face into her hands. "Human?"

"Who are you touching??" Krystal pulls the hands away. "Who are you?"

Luna frowns. "What is she saying?"

"Um." Aiden looks at Krystal who is glaring at Luna. "Is my sister."

"Sister??" Krystal narrows her eyes. "You don't have anyone you know..."

"She came to get me." Aiden grins. 

"But you are a savage. Found on an island." Krystal frowns. "I need to ask Yuri."

"Let's go home." Luna hooks Aiden's arm. "Father is very angry."

As they headed to the window, Krystal grabbed Aiden's arm. "He's my slave. Where you taking him?"

Luna frowned at the girl. "Did she just call you a slave? That word really sounds like slave."

"She's my master." Aiden replied sheepishly. 

"Master?" Luna scoffs. "You have no master. In fact, you're her master."

"I am?" 

"Yes. Humans are weak creatures. And this place is only for the convicted vampires." Luna says, sitting down on the window sill.

"So there are vampires here?" Aiden stares worriedly at Krystal, who was turning red. 

"Mhmmm." Luna says as a matter of factly. "This place is a feeding ground, basically."

"Feeding ground."

"Yeah, and while we're here. Let's have some." Luna states tantalizingly at a boy who walked up the them. It was Kai.

"Miss Krystal." He bows. "Are you still coming to the lunch?"

Krystal, still staring at Aiden, nods. "I'll be there soon."

"Ah yes." Kai stares at Aiden with a look of pure evil, smiling to reveal a set of very sharp teeth. Strangely his eyes were also a hint of gray, like a servant at Aiden's home. A new born. 

"She is with me now." Aiden says, pulling Krystal to him. "I will her there."

Kai looks distastefully at him again. "I don't talk to trash."

Luna appears beside him, with curious eyes. "Are you a vampire as well?"

Kai frowns at her. "Who is this?"

"Distract him." Aiden whispers and drags Krystal away. 

He could smell it. Blood. The palace was void of life. Beside Krystal and a few given servants. It must have been Kai. He spotted a dead man lying on the stairs. He quickly hid her eyes by covering them with his hands. 

"I have surprise." Aiden lies. "For you."

"For me?" She says excitedly. He suppresses a chuckle. 

"Close eyes. Long time." He says while they pass dead bodies. 

"For how much longer?" She asks, oblivious to the fact that there were the deceased all around them. 

"Until I say so." He heard a distant cry. Luna was behind them with a solemn face. 

"Someone turned the boy. And now he is killing everyone." Luna explains. "Let's go home."

"What of the girl?" Aiden says. 

"Leave her." Luna says with no concern. "She's bound to die anyways."

Aiden felt Krystal's breath against his hand. She was still under his guiding. She seemed excited. He frowned. "I can't."

"Then you have to explain to father why she should be kept alive." Luna shrugs as she opened the portal. "Don't drag me into this mess." She walked through and Aiden followed with Krystal.