Mysterious Island

Separate Spheres

Yuri stared out the window. It was a stormy day and the boat was churning, flaying side to side. Jessica wrapped her arms around him. "I feel distressed."

"For what my love?" Yuri turns around and pecks Jessica's forehead. "It is a mere storm. Nothing to be fearful of."

"It is not getting any smaller." Jessica whispers. "And this ship of yours is not in the best of quality."

He chuckles, tightly hugging Jessica. "I would not allowed my queen to board such a useless ship, would I? Do not fret, the storm shall pass."

"What is that distant land over there?" Jessica frowns. "It is in the middle of the storm."

Yuri peers outside, and almost misses the little chunk of land across the horizon. "A small island? Here? Impossible."

 "Why?" Jessica looks at a confused Yuri. "Whats the matter?"

"That island should not be there. It is nothing but ocean on the map." Yuri pulls away from Jessica and unrolls a map. "This ocean was documented, how is this possible?"

"Is it a horrible find?" Jessica is a bit worried. 

"No." Yuri shakes his head. "It is a new find! We must dock there."

"Dock there? It is at the center of the storm!" Jessica seems a bit scared. 

"Sooyeonah, this is important. If they have merchants, we can trade with them." Yuri puts on his coat. "I will be back, I am going to order the captain to dock that island."

Jessica doesn't stop him and Yuri leaves the room and climbs up the compartments to the captains room. 

"Sir!" The sailors salute. 

Yuri nods and looks for Captain Taeyeon. He finds him staring outside the window, perplexed by the storm. 

"Taeyeon." Yuri calls. Taeyeon turns around. 

"Yes King Yuri?" He salutes. 

Yuri sighs. "How many times must I tell you to stop calling me king? I'm your friend for petes sake."

"Sorry... What do you need?" Taeyeon asks. 

"You see that island over there?" Yuri points. Taeyeon grimly nods. "Dock there."

"Ehhh???" Taeyeon gasps. "Why?"

"I have a feeling something good lays on those lands." Yuri nods. "My gut is telling me to go there."

"It's dangerous.... The island is dead center of that storm."

"This boat can handle it. I've seen you do much worse." Yuri crosses his arms. "I'll double your pay. Now go."

Taeyeon nods and calls his crew to turn the ship. It took a bit of time to point the boat in the direction, but with Taeyeons expertise, they managed to aim for the island. 

Getting closer to the island, the storm became stronger, as waves crashed against the hull, the crew outside was hit with cold tall waves. The crew had to come inside because the waves began to pull at the people. 

Taeyeon gritted his teeth as the boat almost flipped. "Steady." Taeyeon glared at the storm and managed to drive the ship into the island's shallow waters. 

Oddly as the closer they got, the storm grew exponentially, but once they hit the shallows, the strong disappeared completely. 

Taeyeon was flabbergasted. The storm was there one second and the next it was gone. "This is witchcraft!"

Yuri frowned. "How is this possible?"

"Yuri this is some evil area! We must turn back." Taeyeon puts his hand on Yuri. "Let's go back to the original course."

Yuri shrugs off his arm. "I'm telling you no. If it's magic let it come to me straightforward."

"Are you telling me we head into this unknown island." Taeyeon adjusts his hand. "Do you not realize that there must be a reason why this island was not mapped? It's evil."

"Shut your mouth. Dock." Yuri commands firmly. 

Taeyeon sighed reluctantly. "If I miss my newborn child's first birthday I will never forgive you."

"There is no danger." Yuri reassures. 

Taeyeon calls out three men. "Go use the paddle boat and dock onto the island. I'll give you all of today to find anything mysterious or odd. Bring them to me." 

"Yes sir!" The three depart feeling a bit nervous about the island. Usually Taeyeon sends more men, but three was so that the group would be mobile quickly. 

Jessica frowns in her room as she watches the three men paddle to the island. "This doesn't feel right."