ღ Review | Infinite Songfic Collection

ღ ♥ Sueweetie's Boutique ✿ Graphics-Layouts-Reviews ♥ ღ {BUSY+NOT ACCEPTING}

stσrч títlє: Infinite Songfic Collection

rєvíєwєr: Suweetiesama

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ღ Title(3/5): I’m only eh-eh on the title. It sounded so plain to me. I don’t really know how to make it sound more attractive but I just know that if I saw it, I wouldn’t really click it. I like the idea of ‘Songfic’ but everything else? Not much.

ღ Poster&Background(3.5/5): The background, I like. The poster, not so much. The background completely represented Infinite which is nice. I liked how you used the Infinite sign instead of a group picture of Infinite because that would be so messy and stuff. The poster is okay but I don’t like it. This is where you should get a poster with Infinite on it and on the bottom, the title. The poster would look more neat and match with the bg.

The chapter posters are okay too. They don’t really catch me eye. I’m sorry if it sounds like I’m bashing your graphics but I’m not. You have a lot of space to improve but currently, the posters don’t jump to me yet.

ღ Forword&Description(5/10): First, I hate the different colors you used on the sentences. Sorry, they just looked so awkward and eye-hurting. If you decided to use colors, make them match instead. In the description, I suggest you to describe what your story is, like tell them that this is a ‘Songfic’ request place and that you write oneshots based on songs. Then for the persuasive talking you wrote should belong in the foreword. You should make a chapter for the requests. This ensures that your story is neat and organized.

ღ Plot’s uniqueness(18/20): You’re the first person to have achieved such a high score in this section! :D Not much users on AFF have nice and interesting plots or story line. I’m amazed you chose songfics. Honestly, I have never encountered a songfic fanfic so I’m pretty curious on how your story would turn out.

{This section is not counted} ღ Flow(-/20): Hmm, I honestly don’t know what to say in this section. The onshots are short and they should be since they are oneshots and I couldn’t really judge you on the flow. Most of the oneshots you wrote consists of inner thoughts more than talking and actions so that makes it hard for me to grade the flow of your oneshots. I decided to cancel this part. That means, this section of the review would not be counted!

ღ Grammar&Spelling(17/20):
Chapter 1: “Am I fool to think of him...” -> “Am I a fool to think of him...”
Chapter 1: “It take ages for me to fall...” -> “It would take ages for me to fall...”
Chapter 1: “His eyes are so mesmersing.” -> “His eyes were so mesmerizing.” You were talking about how mesmerizing the guy’s eyes were when they first met, right? Then that belongs in the past, you should use ‘were’ instead of ‘are’.
Chapter 1: “My heart kept pounding. Faster and Faster.” Technically, this is a fragment sentence. I like how the pause made the story sound better but well, it’s wrong.
Chapter 1: “I can’t say goodbye to him, even.” -> “I can’t even say goodbye to him.”
Chapter 1: “Forever I will love him.” -> “Forever, I will love him.”
Chapter 1: “He gave me a small smile. “Woohyun?” All our memories starting flashing through my head, making me smile at the thought. I was ready. I needed to protect him. He’s my top priority. I let my heart step closer to him.”

  • You aren’t writing the dialogue correctly. After someone speaks, the next sentences that comes after the dialogue should be started in a new paragraph.

Correction:
He gave me a small smile.

“Woohyun?”

All our memories started flashing through my head, making me smile at the thought of it. I was ready. I needed to protect him. He’s my top priority. I let my heart step closer to him.

Chapter 2: “It hurt to see this.” That doesn’t sound quite right. Try this: “It hurts me to see this.” Or “It hurted my heart to see this.”
Chapter 2: “I’m just standing there, frozen.” -> “I was just standing there, frozen.”
Chapter 2: “I couldn’t explain how hurt I was.” That sounded as if he was physically injured which I don’t think you meant it that way. Correction: “I couldn’t explain how hurt I felt.” Or “I couldn’t explain how much my heart hurted.”
Chapter 2: “It was as if it were a spell.” -> “It was as if it was a spell.”
Chapter 2: “How could he have meant those words” That sounds awkward and weird. I don’t even understand what you are trying to say.
Chapter 2: “Please don’t leave me Nam Woohyun.” -> “Please don’t leave me, Nam Woohyun.”

I have habit of pointing out mistakes one by one but that seems rude, no? So, I’ll stop here. Your main problem is just tiny stuff. There wasn’t any major problems. You’re forgetting commas here and there sometimes. You’re starting the dialogue in a wrong way and maybe you’re missing the verbs and articles sometimes. No biggy. Just remember to proofread your story before posting or have a friend proofread your story.
 

ღ Words(6/10): Your choice of words are okay. They weren’t fancy or anything but they weren’t THAT plain either. It was okay. It was like any other fanfic out there. I suggest you probably try to be a teeny bit more desciprtive and play around with your words to keep the oneshot even more interesting.

ღ Interest&Enjoyment(6/10): I admit that I was quite interested upon hearing/noticing that this was a songfic. Like I mentioned before, it was my first time encountering something like this so I had high hopes. I expected dialogue and more emotional things. Since it’s a song and you said you would be writing a oneshot that EXPLAINS the meaning behind the song but based on what I read, it was basically almost the exact same thing as the lyrics except the words were changed and more sentences were added. Let’s just say I was kinda anticipating a story. A story that tells the life of a person who wrote the song. I don’t know how to explain this properly but I had high expectations and I guess I’m sorta... disappointed. But overall, this wasn’t a bad idea. It did follow the song’s lyrics instead of getting off of track so thumbs up to that?

ღ Overall Grade: 73.13%

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kamsahamnida for requesting at Sueweetie's Boutique.
Don't forget to credit us in your foreword & description.
Special thanks to our reviewer!