Chapter 7

For the sake of my love

 

Jessica’s pov

I’m on Taeyeon’s car, we are on our way to Sooyoung’s restaurant for taste test the new recipe.

Sooyoung said that the whole gang will be there plus a few people, which mean Yuri and her wife will be there too.

The thinking of me being in the same room with Yuri makes me feel nervous.

I don’t know how to react in front of her.

Should I react as if nothing happen?

What are we now?

Still a bestfriend or just ex-lover?

It is normal right? Since this is our first meeting after we break up 3 years ago.

If I’m nervous because this is my first meeting, I wonder why my girlfriend looks restless over this meeting.

I know when something bothering Taeyeon, we have been together for 3 years now.

What is that in this meeting that bothering her?

If I remember correctly, she has been reacting weirdly since I come back from Paris.

Once I caught her secretly checking my phone.

Why she need to do that?

Is there by any chance that she thinks that I’m cheating on her?

If it is true, what made her think like that towards me?

Is there something happen to me that I’m not aware of?

Nothing

 

Nothing

 

Nothing

 

That’s it, NOTHING happen to me!

So, what is it?

Should I ask her?

I look at my girlfriend whose attention is on the road,

“Honey, is everything okay?” I ask her

“Y-yeah, everything is alright. Why?”

“You look a bit off tonight.” I pause, searching for any change in her and then continue, “Actually you’ve been acting strangely since I came back from Paris, is there anything that bothering you?”

“Am I? Sorry babe, I didn’t realize it. It is just works, yeah. A lot of problems at work so, yeah that’s it. The problems at work that’s bothering me, a lot you know but don’t worry. I’ll work it out.”

“Owh, is that so? Why didn’t you tell me earlier? Honey, you do realize that you can always share your problems with me don’t you?”

“Yes, I do. Thanks babe and sorry for making you worry.” she smile at me reassuringly and she put her hand above mine on my lap. She squeeze my hand gently, I feel warm. Yes, her touch always have this effect on me, on my heart to be exact. No one can ever give me this warm feeling as her, not even Yuri.  

Speaking of Yuri, suddenly I remember something.

“I heard that Yuri’s,” I didn’t manage to finish my sentence when she cut me off.

“Look babe, we have arrived. I think everybody is here already.” She looks at me with an innocent smile and I smile back at her.

This is one more thing that make me curious about her, she always find an excuse to avoid talking about Yuri.

Why?

Is she jealous?

She opens the car’s door and I step out.

She offers her hand and I take it.

I inhale deeply and tell myself, ‘You can do it Jessica.’

I exhale slowly and walk towards the restaurant door, side by side with my girlfriend.

 

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

Here I am, waiting for my friends to arrive. It have been long since we meet each other like this, I miss those moment when we were still happy together, when we will chose our friendship over anything, when something called fate still being nice to us.

I didn’t blame the fate because I believe that everything happen for a reason.

I love my friends so much, Yuri, Jessica, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. They all are my family that I get, I love them more than my own flesh blood.

And it is so sad seeing your family breaking apart.

It is all started 3 years ago, after Yuri’s father death.

Yuri didn’t take the death well and she becomes a loner.

She lives in her own world.

She made a biggest mistake,she ignore the love of her life and it is already too late when she realize her mistake.

The price for her mistake is not cheap.

It left her broken.

 

Flash back.

It has been 6 months since her father death, Yuri’s condition getting worse. She spending her time only on her apartment, she didn’t left her apartment even once in those 6 months.

She always spacing out.

She didn’t talk.

She is on her own world.

Everybody is worried about her but not everybody can stay by her side all the time since they have their own responsibility. Jessica her girlfriend is a model and also a director at her family company, Taeyeon is a director at her family company, Hyoyeon is a new  photographer, so she need to double her effort to build her name and reputation. In conclusion, everybody is busy. Owh, before I forget, there is still one person that close to her. Her cousin named Yoona, she still a student and she’s studying at Japan. So, it is also impossible for her to take care of Yuri.

Only I that manage to stay by her side all the time.

Why?

Because I’m not working.

It is not that I’m lazy, just I didn’t find any work that interest me.

Alright, back to Yuri.

I heard her phone ringing, this is the third time. I decided to check who have been calling her, so I walked into her bedroom. She was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling.

I took her phone that placed on the night stand, checking the caller id.

It is Jessica.

“Yuri, it is Jessica. Answer it.” I shoved the phone to her, as usual she just ignore me.

Sigh.

I answered the call.

“Hello,” she sounds happy.

“Hello Jessi,”

“Soo?”

“Yeah, this is Soo.”

She thought it is Yuri, poor her.

“Where is Yuri?”

I look at Yuri.

“She is on her bed.”

“Owh, still staring?”

“Yep,”

“Tell her, I’ll come back tomorrow but I’ll went straight home. I want to get some rest first.”

“Sure,”

“Thanks Soo,”

“No problem,”

She ended the call.

I placed the phone on the night stand and looked at her.

“Yul, Jessica said that she’ll come back tomorrow but she’ll went straight home.”

No respond from her.

That’s it, I cannot take it anymore.

“Yul, I understand that you are sad. You lost your father but Yul, you are not alone. You have me, us, your friend, your grandmother Edith and most importantly your love one, Jessica. In case you forgot, may I remind you that you love her so much! So much Yul! Yes, it is true. Your mother left you, your father left you, you think everybody left you alone. Everybody that you love left you. Let me remind you again Yul, there is still one person that you love who not left you yet. YES, YET! THERE IS STILL JESSICA YUL! IF YOU CONTINUE TO IGNORE HER, SHE’LL LEFT YOU TOO. SOONER OR LATER. JUST REMEMBER ONE THING YUL, IF THAT HAPPEN IT IS YOUR FAULT! YOUR OWN FAULT!”

With that, I left her bedroom.

I took my car key, my wallet and my jacket.

I walked out of the apartment.

I cannot take it anymore, I cannot stand to see her like that.

I always think that she’s stronger than that.

I went inside my car, started the engine and drive.

I ended up at the bar, I drink.

Just anything that will make me drunk, I want to get drunk.

I want to forget my friend misery life.

I drink, keep on drinking.

Until I totally drunk.

Luckily my cousin was at the bar that time, he ended up bring me home.

I woke up next morning with a head ache.

I look around me, I’m not in my room.

Where the heck am i?

Then it hit me,

OMG!

I left Yuri alone all night.

I look around, searching for my car keys and wallet.

I spotted it on the night stand.

I took it and dashed out of the room, in hurry I bumped my cousin.

“Where are you going?” He asked me.

“Home,” I replied back while running to the door, without looking at him.

I exited his house and again ran to the elevator, I pushed down button.

The elevator’s door opened and I step in. I pushed B button as I’m heading to the basement to take my car.

Again, when the door open at the basement, I dashed out hastily.

I searched for my car, then it hit me.

How the hell am I supposed to know where my car is if I don’t even remember how am I ended up at my cousin house?!

! I cursed under my breath.

This time instead of using the elevator,I used the stairs.

Thank god I got such a long leg, thus it didn’t take long to arrive at the 1st floor.

I ran out the building and hailed a cab.

I enter the cab and informed the driver the address.

!

I cursed again because I left my phone at the apartment last night.

‘Please don’t let anything bad happen to her,’ I prayed in my heart.

After 15 minutes, I arrived in front of Yuri’s apartment building.

I paid the driver without taking my change back.

I ran into the building, went straight to the elevator and push the button.

When the elevator door open at level 15, I ran out of it to Yuri’s apartment.

I stop in front of her apartment,I rang the door bell.

I don’t know why I did that, I know she’ll never answer the door.

I’m about to rang the bell again when the door opened.

Yuri.

She answers the door.

Am I dreaming?

I slap my face to make sure I’m not dreaming.

“No, you’re not dreaming Soo.” She said while smiling.

I touched her face.

OMG, this is real.

This is my friend, Kwon Yuri.

She’s standing in front of me, she talks to me and she’s smiling to me.

“You don’t want to come in?” She asked me.

“Yeah, of course.” I walked in the house.

“Let’s have breakfast together.”

“Breakfast? You cook?”

She nods her head.

This is new, she stop cooking after her father's death.

I took a seat in front of her.

“Soo, I need your help.” She said.

I looked at her and nod, as a sign to continue.

“Sica will be home today right? So, I plan a surprise for her. Like you said, I might lose her if I continue on neglecting her. So, will you help me?” she looked at me expectantly.

“Of course buddy! Welcome back Yul!” I’m so happy.

“So, after this let’s do some shopping. I want to cook for her tonight.”

“Alright but I need to shower first.” With that, I left her at the table to take my shower.

We went for shopping as planned, she bought some groceries since she wanted to cook for Jessica.

After bought all the things that needed, we went straight to Jessica apartment.

She’s happy, I know that.

We talked.

We joked.

We laugh.

Non stop, as if there is no tomorrow.

Maybe there is no tomorrow.

Yuri unlocked Jessica’s apartment and went inside first.

I just following her without looking, suddenly I bumped onto her.

I looked at her with an intention to scold her but I stop when I saw her intent gazing.

I follow her gaze, the moment my sight caught the scene on the couch my body became numb and my mind went blank.

It is half Jessica under half my other bestfriend, Taeyeon.

Due to the shock, all the shopping bags that I hold slipped off my hand.

Made a loud sound, enough to make that two person stop their activity.

Shocked and scared was written all over their faces.

I looked at Yuri, she looked calm.

Slowly, she put down all the shopping bags on the floor and walked out from the apartment.

She didn’t run, she just walked, calmly.

I followed her, I can hear Jessica voice.

Calling for Yuri but Yuri keep walking on a very calm manner.

Nobody uttered a word on our ride home.

Her phone keeps on ringing, it is from Jessica.

After the nth time of ringing, Yuri stopped the car on the safe side and answer the call.

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon, I let you go today. I set you free. We are over.” She ended the call.

Still in a calm manner, she opened the window and threw her phone out of the car.

How can someone look so calm in this kind of situation?

Unless…

I looked at her again, she focused on the road.

Her calmness scared the hell out of me.

From that moment I know, she is not the same Yuri anymore.

After that day, our friendship broken apart.

I didn’t blame Jessica or Taeyeon, it just that I don’t know what should I do.

The only things I know is Yuri need me and I’m willing to be by her side.

 

“Boss,boss!” one of my worker calling me while waving his hand in front of my face.

“Yes, Kai?”

“Everything is ready and it looks like your friend is here already.”

“Owh, okay. You can go home now, I’ll close the restaurant later.”

“Alright boss, see you tomorrow.”

I just nod at him.

I go to greet my friends.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for a very late update and a lot of grammatical error.

just feeling lazy to edit.

hehe.

TQ for reading.