Chapter 1

For the sake of my love

 

AWKWARD

 

Yuri POV

Finally, I finish my painting. I check the time, almost midnight. Too lazy to drive, I decide to sleep at my studio.

Walking past a window, I look outside. It’s raining heavily with thunder, sleeping at the studio is a right decision.

I heard a beep from my phone, I take it. It’s a message from Taeyeon, my bestfriend. I open it.

From:Taeyeon

Hey, r u home?

It’s raining and she really afraid of thunder.

I’m with Jessica.

After reading the message, I grab my car key. I’m heading home.

It take me almost 30 minutes to arrive at my destination, the security guy greet me with a smile when I enter the building of my apartment.

I smile back at him and slightly nod my head. I walk towards the elevator and push the button. After a few seconds the door open, I enter the elevator and push the button labelled 15.

After 5 min, I arrive at level 15. I walked out of the elevator, heading towards my apartment.

I open the door of my apartment. It’s not totally dark in my apartment, I always set a dim light at the living room when I went to sleep.

I open the master bedroom door slowly, try not to make any sound. I don’t want to wake her up, in case she’s asleep. It’s still raining heavily, worse than before.

I’m in the process to change my cloth when suddenly,

BOOM!!

OMG! I can feel the building shaking, that’s loud.

Sobs…sobs…

I hear a sob.

I put my shirt and walk to the sobs sound. I stand beside the bed, examine the body on the bed. Confirm, she’s sobbing.

 What should I do?

Should I left? But didn’t Taeyeon texted that this girl afraid of thunder? So, I must stay here? Thank god there is couch in the room, I’ll sleep there tonight.

I must let this girl know that she’s not alone, I hope it will put her at ease.

I lowered my body to her level, I pat her shoulder slowly.

“Tiffany, Tiffany,” I call her name.

No respond. I try again, still patting her shoulder softly.

“Tiffany, I’m here. Don’t worry, I’ll sleep at the couch okay.” Still no respond.

That’s it, I’ve try my best to comfort her.

I’m about to stand up when suddenly she grab my wrist, she grip it tightly. Too tight.

“Hey Tiffany, relax.” I try to comfort her but suddenly,

BOOM!!!

 Again, the thunder is roaring.

The sound startled me but not as bad as this girl, she suddenly launches her body into my arm. I caught of guard, we fall backward due to the impact.

The back of my body and head hit the floor hard. Urgh..that’s hurt, what is she thinking?

I’m about to shout at her,

“Taetea,” she murmur my bestfriend name

‘Great, now she thinks that I’m her taetae.’ I curse in my mind.

“I’m not taetae!” almost shouting but I don’t think she hear me because she continue murmur.

“Don’t leave me, I’m scared.” She said in between the sobs while hugging me.

I’m not comfortable with the skinship, even with my close friends. Her hug left my body freezing.

Her body is stiff, she’s in a tense mode.

How to make her relax?

I don’t know how to comfort people, maybe I can ask Tae for help.

‘I can’t message Tae, Jessica will suspect something if she know her fiancée receive a message in the midnight.’

After considering my option, I decide to ask my other bestfriend named Sooyoung for help.

Then I realise that I don’t have my phone with me, I search around for my handphone.

There is my handphone, on the table beside the bed.

I extend my hand, try to reach for it. How I hope that I have a stretchable hand like that guy in Fantastic 4 movie right now.

I failed, I cannot stretch my hand further if I don’t want to move my body.

I give up, maybe I can try Sheldon way to comfort his friend.

I tap her back lightly while saying,

“There, there.” What else can I say?

It seems working, I can feel her body relax.

Okay, I didn’t expect it will be this easy.

Alright, now the next step.

How to make her release my body from her hug, get up and sleep on her bed.

Maybe I just need to tell her nicely, like what I did to comfort her earlier.

I’m about to shake her shoulder when I hear a soft snore from her.

‘Great, is she seriously falling asleep now?’ Now I left with only one option.

Get up from the floor and carry her to the bed, well it’s not too far from where we lay to the bed.

I find it’s hard to get up from the floor without disturbing her sleep, thus I just make myself comfortable and sleep on the floor.

I put my right arm behind my head, while my left arm holding her waist. So, she wouldn’t fall from my body. It sounds weird.

This is so awkward.