Chapter 4 - Breaking Down Walls...

Brotherly Love

"So basically she's like that because her dad abandoned her? No wonder it's hard for her to trust any guys..." Eli said.

"But that doesn't explain why you're so protective over her..." Kevin added.

"I'm her brother...it's my job to protect her..."

"Aren't you going a bit overboard though?" Kiseop asked.

"...I don't think I am."

"Seriously?!" They all exclaim, looking at Hoon.

"If you're so obsess about her safety, why did you let Dongho take her out?" Soohyun asked innocently.

"...! Where the hell did he take her?!" Hoon immediately pulls out his phone and starts dialing your number.

"Relax! I doubt he's going to try anything with her..." AJ said.

"You never know..."

"Hello? Where are you?"

"At the park."

"Is Dongho with you?"

"Yeah..."

"Let me talk to him. Dongho! How could you leave with her like that?"

"What's the big deal?"

"Because I need to know where she is at all times!"

"Why?"

"What if something happen?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know! Just bring her back!"

"No."

"What do you mean, no?"

"Because she doesn't want to come home yet."

"Put her back on."

"Hello? Ruby! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine...relax!"

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

"I don't need your permission to leave the house!"

"Yeah...but-"

"Look, I don't want to talk about this right now, I'll see you later, okay? Bye!"

"W-wait! Hello? Hello?!"

"I can't believe this! I'm going to find them..." Kevin grabs Hoon's arm.

"Calm down! Just leave them alone!"

"How can I? What if something went wrong? Or Dongho takes advantage of her? Or...?"

"My brother wouldn't do something like that!" Soohyun exclaim.

"How do you know?"

"Our parents are dating and we are living together, do you really think he's an idiot and will try to do something with her?"

"..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He's mad, huh?" Dongho asked as you hung up. You see him flashing you another smile. You laugh.

"Yeah...but he'll get over it..so what do you want to do?"

"Hmm...What else would piss him off? Whatever it is, we should do that!" You shake your head and giggle.

"Ooh, you're so bad!" Laughing, you lightly hit his arm.

"I'm serious! Like you don't love the idea?" He raises his eyebrows. You your head and think.

"Hmm...well if you really wanna make him mad..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay hyung, we'll see you guys soon! Oh, and don't tell Hoon!" Dongho hangs up the phone and turns to you.

"They're all on their way." You smiled.

"This will really upset him...but how are they going to leave him without him being suspicious?"

"I'm sure they'll think of something..."

"Dongho?"

"Hmm?"

"Although I think messing with my brother is fun and all, I'm really not sure about hanging out with all of you at once..." He takes your hand.

"It'll be okay...you don't have to be afraid of them...they're really nice."

"I know...but still..."

"Don't worry, noona! I'll stay by your side the entire time and if it's too much for you, I'm sure they'll understand and leave. You trust me, right?" He gives you his best puppy-dog eyes. You smile and pinch his cheeks.

"Aigoo, how can I resist such a cute face?"

"YAY!" He hugs you.

"I promise you'll have fun!"

~20 minutes later~

"Hyung! Over here!" Dongho waves at the guys. You felt a mini panic attack coming on as you grip onto his hand. He turns to you.

"It's okay, noona...Just try to relax...Take deep breaths and exhale slowly." You did as you were instructed and started to feel a bit better as they all approach you guys.

"Are you alright? You look a bit pale..." Eli asked as he places his hand on your forehead. You flinch and quickly back away.

"Eli! Remember what Hoon said!" Soohyun exclaim. His eyes widen and he drops his hand to the side.

"Sorry...I forgot..."

"He told you guys?"

"Yeah...we were worried." Kevin responded.

"Oh..." You look at the ground, not knowing what to say.

"I don't really understand though...if you don't trust guys that easily...how are you clutching onto Dongho's hand without flinching or shaking?" Kiseop ask. They all turn their attention to your hand. Your eyes widen in surprise.

"Oh! I didn't even realize..." You were about to let go, but Dongho tightens his grip, his other hand yours.

"It's okay...you're doing great..." He whispers, flashing you his adorable smile. You couldn't help, but smile back.

"You're slowly improving..." Eli said quietly. You look at him as he slowly reaches out his hand and gently touches your left hand. You drew back your hand on instinct.

"I won't hurt you..." He said. You nodded slowly and shut your eyes as you felt his warm hand holding yours.

"See? It's not bad, right?" You peer open your eyes and look at his hand, which were clutching onto yours and smiled.

"N-no..."

"You know, we can help you through this." Soohyun offered. Looking up,.you saw all of them nodding and smiling at you.

"Only if you want us to, that is." Kiseop added.

"I don't think-"

"Noona, please let us help you." You look at Dongho's adorable face and slowly nodded.

Okay..."