Chapter 2 - One Big Happy Family?

Brotherly Love

"How about we go out for dinner and get to know each other, sounds good?" Mr. Shin suggested, looking at all of you.

"I think that's a great idea! We can carpool." Your mom answers.

~At the restaurant~

"So...how old are you two?" You asked Soohyun and Dongho.

"Well I'm 24 and Dongho's 19, you?"

"I'm 20 and Hoon's 22."

"Aww! I'm STILL the youngest? I was hoping to finally be called hyung for once...this !" Dongho pouts. You all chuckled.

"Sorry...we're just a year apart...so I'm sure we will get along better."

"That's true! We'll be close before you know it!" Dongho exclaims, excitement in his voice.

"NO!" Hoon's outburst startled everyone. You all turn to look at him.

"I...I mean, we've just met...so being close to one another will take some time..." Soohyun nods.

"That's true, but we have plenty of time for that."

"So noona...do you have a boyfriend?"

"No I don't...why?"

"Do you want one?" Hoon spits out the water he was drinking and starts to cough.

"You okay?" Soohyun asked as he pats his back.

"I-I'm fine." He gasp.

"So why don't you have one? You're so pretty!" Dongho continues. You blush.

"I...I was never looking for one..."

"But surely you have been asked out?" Soohyun asked.

"Y-yeah...but I always reject them..."

"Why? Did you not like them?" Hoon asked.

"It's not that exactly...I just...Well..." You turn to your mom for help.

"Boys, enough questions about her. Now what about you two? I hear Dongho's quite the mischievious one." Dongho frowns.

"Did my dad tell you that? It's not true! I just like to play pranks sometimes...once in a while...when I'm bored..." Mr. Shin and Soohyun laughs.

"That's such a lie! Don't listen to him." Soohyun said.

"What about you then?"

"Me? I like to keep to myself...not that I'm anti-social or anything like that, I just like my alone time." You nod.

"So basically you two are the opposites of each other? How interesting!" Mr. Shin laughs.

"I guess you can say that."

"How about you, Hoon? What's your story?" Soohyun ask.

"I was adopted into our family when I was 12 and ever since then, I have been looking after Ruby."

"Oh, yes. Ever since Hoon arrived, he has been VERY protective of our Ruby."

"Why is that? She doesn't seem like the fragile type."

"Because she's precious to me! And if either one of you EVER hurt her, I won't hesitate to hurt you back!"

"Whoa there! Chill! You must really love your sister."

"Of course I do! How could I NOT love her?"

"Sounds like you're a bit obsess to me..."

"What's wrong with being a protective brother?"

"Nothing...but there is such thing as going overboard with it...sounds to me like you have a bad case of sister complex..."

"I do not! You just don't understand since neither one of you has ever had a sister!"

"True...but since we will be living together, we will find out, right?"

"Are all boys this protective over a girl? Or is it just my brother?"

"Well when a guy is this protective over a girl, it's usually because they're in a relationship...however since you two are siblings, it's a bit weird..."

"I'm just being a good oppa to her...tell me Dongho, is Soohyun a good hyung to you?"

"In a way...he does tend to get angry at me easily..."

"That's cause you act childish all the time!"

"See what I mean?"

"Anyways! Back to the point, Ruby, don't you find Hoon's overprotectiveness suffocating?"

"Why would she? It's not like I don't give her space!"

"I was asking her, NOT you! So?" You shrug.

"Hoon has always been like that since we've met, so I suppose for others it seems weird, but I'm used to it. Besides, isn't it a brother's job to protect their sister?" Soohyun and Dongho exchange glances.

"We wouldn't know..."

"Oh right! Well what about girlfriends, then? Do you two have one?"

"No, hyung's picky when it comes to girls and as for me, I like too many to be tied down with one."

"The player type, huh?"

"It's not like they don't know when they date me..."

"And here I thought you were the cute and innocent type."

"I can be when I want to." He winks at you, making you laugh.

"It's types like you whom I am trying to protect her from." Hoon mumbles.

"Oh relax, would you? He was only kidding! Besides, I think he's cute!" You say as you pat Dongho's head.

"You four are already acting like you are a family, I'm so glad!" Your mom and Mr. Shin smiles.

"Just because we are, doesn't mean we approve of this marriage." Soohyun answers.

"We told you, marriage isn't what we are after right now...it's for all of us to get along." Mr. Shin replies.

"Well it's not hard with such a pretty noona!" Dongho gushed. You grin.

"Aww...I wouldn't mind having a dongsang like you!"

"Really? I'm so glad!" He takes your hand and gives it a squeeze.

"Noona neomu yeppeo..."

"You did NOT just quote SHINee..." Hoon groans.

"That is so lame." Soohyun adds.

"Well I think he's adorable, so hush!"

"Don't tell me you are already replacing oppa with Dongho as your favorite!" Hoon exclaims in panic.

"What? Why can't I like you all?" You frown.

"But I'm still number one, right?"

"Give it a rest, would you? You are waay too obsess with her..." Soohyun mumbles.

"I AM not!" Your mom looks at all of you in amusement.

"Well...it's safe to say if we ever do get married...this would make one interesting family..." Mr. Shin laughs.

"It would...wouldn't it?"