The Tousle-haired Guy is a Jerk

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I lazily swung my arms beside my hips as I dragged myself out of the basketball court. An hour of patiently waiting for a bottle of water is not that bad at all!

"Ouch!" I yelped in pain as I clenched my right hand. That Daehyun was a jerk.

I figured I should probably go back to the room, Eunji must have been surprised about my sudden disappearance. I was about to step on the stairs when suddenly my arm was grabbed...again. I rolled my eyes and stared at his hands clasping my arms, a signal for him to release it.

"I told you to wait for me." He was kind of gasping for air as he ran his fingers through his messy hair. By the looks of it, he could have run a marathon before reaching me. I waited for almost an hour, how could I possibly have stayed there and have a one-on-one conversation with the balls?

My eyes caught the bottle of water he was holding. He did buy me one.

"Here. I had a hard time getting one for you."

Wow, was it that difficult to buy one bottle of water compared to weeding and wiping the whole gym?

"Oh no..." Yes it was really a no. I opened the bottle and took a sip of water. Refreshing! But my eyes caught him staring at something.

His sudden grab almost made me choke and spurt some liquid into the air. He led me behind a green bush and I caught myself from falling to the ground. I tried to lift my head but his hand prevented me from seeing what was behind the bush.

"Why are we hiding?"

"Shhh." I took a peek and there were several men wearing black suits roaming around.

"Who are they?" I asked. It suddenly made me tense up, and silence spread between us. Don't tell me he stole this bottle of water and ran for his life and now several men were looking for him and I'd be caught up in jail too because I took a sip of what he had stolen! Suddenly I could feel something crawling on my left arm.

"Kyaaaaah!" I jumped up and down and shoved the huge bug that made my whole body shiver. Goosebumps. I hated bugs! It reminded me of the time when one went right into my left ear. Good thing my mother got it way before it slid towards its new home.

"Yah! Shut up or else we'll get...caught." Too late! They had already found us, their eyes locked on us although it was hidden behind their black shades. Busted!

I stood up, frozen as they stared at us in great skepticism.

"Ruuuuun!" Daehyun grabbed my hands and dragged me out of the school. I turned my head back and saw them following us too. All of them, somewhere between 5 and 8 I guessed, versus the two of us!

I tried to catch up with him. He sure was used to this like he was already a pro when it came to being chased by monsters. I found myself running around the streets of Seoul, dodging the busy people, cars and the bystanders.

My legs were all worn out, and I desperately needed to take a break. Why was he giving me such a hard time?

"Wai-wait a minute," I halted and bent my knees, exhausted, "Could you please give me a minute?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter