chapter 32

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's the matter, Eubin?" I instantly crumpled the paper before facing Eunji.

"Nothing." I shook my head, putting a reassuring smile upon my face.

It had been days since I started receiving threats saying I should leave Daehyun alone. At first, I thought it was just a silly prank from one of his fangirls, but the threats were getting more and more intense as days passed by. I reopened the crumpled paper as soon as Eunji left. *Die you . You look like a , no match for Jung Daehyun.*

Okay? I should have just thrown it away the moment I saw the paper stuck inside my locker. It was really too much, but I wouldn't let that piece of paper bring me down. I'd always tell myself not to take the letters seriously, though it still wouldn't entirely leave my mind.

It felt like almost everyone was staring at me as I passed along a bunch of girls wearing short skirts and heavy makeup, or maybe I was just being paranoid. Either way, the one who had sent the letter must have be around, lurking. Who knows? Creepy.

---

"Hey. Eubin. Hey."

I winced in pain as he pinched my arm. It could have been considered a form of skinship for couples like us. He was fond of doing things suiting the definition of a sadist.  

"What?!" I stared at him through narrowed eyes.

"Are you perhaps daydreaming again?" He examined my face for a couple of seconds then went back to checking his notes.

I gently rubbed the part that was sore. It was painful yet he couldn't manage to say a single sorry. We were inside the cafeteria doing some sort of tutorial, since he was the kind of guy who couldn’t grasp what other people were trying to explain. That was definitely him.

Seated across from me, he pushed his book towards me while pointing at the highlighted section. "I don't understand this part."

"Would it kill you to listen even just for a day?" I rolled my eyes and heaved a heavy sigh.

I examined his notes and it looked like codes needing to be deciphered. For once, I felt inept. "Again. Would it kill you to listen even just for a day?" This time, my voice wavered.

"I couldn’t come up with a good excuse to be with you if I were to listen," he mumbled.

"What did you just say?" My eyes were still fixed on the words that were challenging my mental capabilities.

He shrugged.

"Anyway, I think I forgot this lesson, but I'll try to review it so that I can help you."

"Would it kill you to listen even just for a day?" He tried to mimic my line.

I rolled my eyes, not in the mood to argue with him.

"Let's just go home for now. I'm tired." I stood up, clutching my bag.

He grabbed my arm. "We’re not finished yet. I've got hundreds of questions. I didn't pay attention to the teachers all day."

"Who is to blame for your acts?" I stared at him, signalling to let go. I searched for my notebook inside my bag then handed it to him.

"I don't want that," he pouted, thinking it suited him. Bleh.

"Okay. Fine." I was about to put my notebook back when he snatched it away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter