Killing Camp

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of people shouting and screaming in excitement inside the bus woke me up, and I learned that we had arrived.

I pushed my shoulders back to stretch and yawned for the very last time.

And then there was this guy beside me whose eyes were still closed, asleep amidst the loud ruckus of the students. It had been a long ride and I had to sleep, or else there was no telling how many more gallons of omelette I would vomit, especially when I already poured a cup of it onto someone whose name must not be mentioned.

Was he alright?

I nodded, answering my own question. How stupid of me to throw up on him, making him my personal handy toilet.  I tilted my body to him and waved my hand in front of his face like a pendulum clock. I thought he really was asleep, but then I suddenly felt a grip on my lap.

"Omo!" The grip tightened so much that it made me nervous – maybe not nervous, but it gave me goosebumps. I suddenly held my breath. What was he doing?

"Noisy puking monster," he groaned.

Hey! He was awake all this time.

"Yah... take your hands off my lap," I whispered, staring at his hands from afar.

I closed my eyes, hoping for someone to save me!

"Alright, we have arrived and be sure to be responsible of your things or else---."

"Himchan!" I immediately stood up, shoving Daehyun's hand and freaking the students out. They were all staring at me, jaws agape.

I suddenly heard a chuckle beside me. I tuck the strands of my hair behind my ears in embarrassment as I sat back down in my seat.

Argggh! Jung Daehyun!

Himchan cleared his throat, and I looked at him as I slowly mouthed the word 'sorry' for him to read my lips. He nodded and continued on what he was saying.

"So, yeah. Where was I? Uhm. We will not be responsible for the things you might misplace. Be prepared and guarded all the time, and stay out of trouble or else I'll feed you to the crocodiles in the lake. Arasso?" Everyone nodded in silence. Only later did I realize that I interrupted not just an ordinary student, but the president himself. I pressed my palm against my face. Late realization. Fail.

"Eubin are you alright?"

Shouldn't I have been excited about camping? So why did I feel so nervous, like something bad was going to happen? All I ever wanted was to enjoy this camp and roast marshmallows and sit around the bonfire.

"Eubin?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at Himchan who was confused. Ugh! One thing I hated about wandering in my thoughts was that I spaced out of reality.

"Hehe! Yeah?"

His lips curled into a smile, and there was a sudden shift on his expression.

"You are aware that you're the only one sitting here inside the bus, right?"

What?! I glanced around the bus and it was completely empty! My jaw dropped wide opened as I saw the students happily sightseeing through the windows.

That stupid Daehyun didn't even bother to call me out or to even tug my shirt or pluck a strand of my hair. He just passed me! That stupid ruthless devil with a heart of ice that only cared about sleeping would definitely have a taste of his own medicine. Just wait until I stuff all of the roasted peanut and squid into your mouth while you're fast asleep. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

"Eubin?"

"Hmmm?"

"You're kind of spacing out again. You alright?" Himchan grabbed my bag and helped me stand up.

"Ah. He-he! I'm super-duper ultimately fine to the power of 100!" I raised my thumbs up. We then walked out of the bus, and I felt refreshed as the cool breeze pass through my tough body. The grass was green and covered the ground almost as far as I could see. There was a huge pile of twigs and leaves encircled by medium sized stones. Yay! We'd be having a bonfire. I did well in my research.

There were two huge cabins facing each other in the opposite direction. We would probably sleep there. Large canopies were also set up for the clinic and for the teachers, I assumed.

Eunji, Bomi and Hayoung were sitting on the bench under the shady tree with their bags beside them, and there was no sign of that ruthless jerk around, as he was probably sleeping somewhere else. I hoped that some crocodile would swallow him up.

"Uhm, Himchan it's fine now. I can manage my bag. Thanks for calling me out."

I tried to reach for my bag but he wouldn't hand it to me.

"No it's alright. I could carry it for you."

"Hmmmm?" He nodded. He sure was a very trusted and responsible President.

"Gomawo!" We walked our way to where Eunji and the others were resting.

"All of the students went hopping their way out and you were left alone."

"I just thought of something. Hey Himchan, what is this camp all about? You were right when you said that the place would be awesome. It's more than awesome!"

It took several seconds before he replied. "Uhm. Just wait for the teacher's instruction. It will be great and... fun."

We had reached the girls, so Himchan handed me my bag.

"Thanks again!" I said as he left us.

"I seriously thought you were out with Daehyun, that's why we didn't bother finding you," Eunji narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"Were you with President Himchan all this time?"

As if Daehyun would actually tell me that we could already get off the bus. If it wasn't for Himchan, I would probably still be wandering in my thoughts alone inside the bus.

"He just helped me carry my bag, since it's heavy."

"Okaaaaay?"

I took a deep breath. "I've got chocopies here!"

Her expression suddenly lifted up to the sound of chocopies.

"Alright!" she grinned happily. I bought one for her because she told me once that it was out of stock in the grocery store near them.

"Eubin, do you have some water there? My throat feels dry," Bomi asked, caressing her neck.

I rummaged through the things in my other bag. I had medicine in there, some food, some other food, some more food, and water. I grabbed the bottle of water and handed it to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter