Leaving St. Hanbyul for Hanyang

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eubin, noooo! Eubin please… don’t leave me.”

“Erhmm. Alice?” I whispered, kind of embarrassed since most of the students were staring at us. It was so overly dramatic, you’d swear Alice and I were starring in the epic drama, “Missing You”, but it was kind of a laughingstock since I wasn’t even leaving St. Hanbyul yet.

“Alice, get up already,” I tried to pull her up, stopping her from clinging onto my right knee and preventing me from going to the principal’s office.

Okay, so now the number of viewers was unexpectedly increasing. This was getting embarrassing. She halted then finally stood up, thank goodness.

But now she was clinging on my left arm like a koala.

“Yah…” I pulled my arm from her tight grip.

“Why must you leave? Can’t you just continue your studies here?”

I really could sense the sincerity in her eyes. Alice was the only girl who could understand me, the only one I could ever put my whole trust into. She was my… friend.

Everyone was still staring at us. Perfect. Did I really have to create a scene before leaving this school?

I pushed Alice’s shoulder and dragged her into the hallway.

“Why?” she still insisted, and I sighed.

“It’s quite a long story,” I glanced to the other side of the hallway, avoiding her pleading eyes.

Alice finally got up straight and returned to her old self. I bet she had just realized how hard it was for me to step out in the school that I had considered to be my second home, knowing that I could only depend on myself other than my appa because my mom was already gone.

“Alright…” She grabbed my hands tenderly and gazed through my eyes, “It’s not like we wouldn’t see each other right?”

“Of course, idiot. And besides, it’s not like I’m off to nowhere. I’ll still be studying here in Seoul but in a different school, so we could still hang out sometimes,” I shrugged, “And it’s not like I’m going to study in Hanyang University.”

“Yes! You should find yourself a better place to study so that we could see each other more often. Aww! I will definitely be jealous if you have male classmates!”

She then unclasped my hands, and I was ready to submit the papers to the office. I fixed the documents as I entered the cold, spacious room of our head, anxiety building as I walked towards her table.

She greeted me with a smile, and I didn’t know how to respond to that. I was still so unsure. I definitely wouldn’t have been leaving if it wasn’t because of my father! But then again, there was nothing I could do about it.

I held the papers tightly as I handed them to her. Here it goes Kwon Eubin, the beginning of your terrible life.

She reviewed the papers one by one and glanced at me for a minute. “Ms. Kwon Eubin, is your mind set that you want to leave this school?”

Arghh! Why is she making it even harder? I just nodded weakly.

She got her pen and I could see a veeeeery sloooow motiooon of her in preparation to seal it with a sign. I still had time to back out.

“There you go.” I gulped harder. “You are now officially free as a student of St. Hanbyul, I do hope that you will study harder and strive even more Ms. Kwon Eubin.”

She stood up a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter