That Guy

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

As I entered the gate of Hanyang, my eyes caught several students aligned in rows. As I walked inside, I could feel such a drastic change on the cleanliness of the school. The walls were repainted and you couldn't see any vandalism anymore. Himchan was talking to a group of people and, by the looks of it, they were probably members of the student council. Youngjae was there, too, and it was odd seeing him wearing glasses since he had the looks behind those thick frames, although he still looked pretty cute.

Eunji popped out from behind some guy's broad shoulders, then jovially waved at me. I suddenly realized that they were the welcoming committee for the exchange students from another school, and I was chosen to be one of the guides.

I walked rapidly to Eunji and hid behind the guy. Himchan was too busy with his phone to notice me.

"You guys were pretty early. Is this the welcoming committee?" I stared at the part of their banner that was still on the ground. They were too lazy to carry such a large piece of paper, tch, students of Hanyang.

Eunji nodded then gave me a rectangular banner which had a symbol written on it.

"I heard that their school is popular in Japan."

I batted my lashes several times before her. "Did I hear it right? Japan? I'm guiding a Japanese? I don't even know how to speak Japanese."

She slapped my arm lightly. "It's nihonggo you silly. No they are not Japanese, they are all pure Korean which were sent to Japan because of their amazing skills."

Well that was a great relief. I could now breathe normally. "So that's the reason why they needed to be welcomed."

"Plus, I guess you are already aware that this school is that of delinquents and slackers and naughty notorious guys, right?"

I nodded. I totally knew what she meant. Daehyun was just an example of a slacker and those guys who beat up Jongup were delinquents and gangsters. Scary.

"That's why we need to make a good impression towards them and prove that our school is not that bad at all, although it really is," Eunji sighed, and I patted her shoulders. I totally agreed with her.

Our thoughts suddenly shifted to Mr. President.

"They're here! Grab your banners and remember to be polite and say Ohayoo Gozaimasu," Himchan said.

"Oha-yu Go-zi-mash," everyone followed. They sounded weird, but Himchan was amazing. It was really cool for a President to speak such language, and I wondered if he knew how to speak Chinese. I'd have to ask him to sub some EXO-M shows, then. That would be really awesome because I just stare in front of the screen looking at their faces without even knowing what they were saying, and if they laugh, I laugh too. Pretty crazy of me.

We glanced at the cars as they entered the school's vicinity.

"They're here!" Eunji exclaimed excitedly. She was almost crumpling the banner she was holding.

I wasn't that thrilled to meet them, I was kind of nervous. What if I failed to answer one of their questions and didn't succeed on making an impression?

The cars stopped in front of us and one by one Japanese teachers came out.

We all greeted. "Ohayoo Gozaimasu!" In a not so favorable chant with different timing. I could see Himchan faking a smile, his face hiding his disappointment.

The teachers chuckled and smiled. "Annyeonghasseyo!" They all examined us and then nodded in satisfaction. There was something I'd been proud of since I entered Hanyang and that was our school uniform. It looked great and was more comfortable to wear than that of St. Hanbyul.

Himchan went to them then talked using a language which just passed through my ears without comprehending what it meant. Must be that nihonggo language. They were all laughing in their own little world, only they could understand.

The door once again opened and a shiny black shoe stepped on the ground. It must be the students. I could feel my arm being squeezed by Eunji. She was squeaking and I couldn't understand a word she was uttering.

I then returned back to the students who were coming out one by one. Their uniforms were cool with such nice patterns, and they all looked so fresh with smiles plastered on their faces.I had to admit, they did have that charismatic Japanese aura even though they were Koreans. The six of them stepped in front of us, and then bowed before greeting.

"Annyeonghasseyo!" Wow. Such perfect accent even though they were sent to Japan. I guess they didn't let the Japanese culture affect them.

Hmmm. This was nice. I got the feeling that everything would be perfect and flow smoothly according to plan.

"I'm calling the entire student comittee to please step forward. We will be assigning now," said Himchan.

Eunji grabbed my hand and walked briskly, hitting th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter