Goodbye

The Anatomy of Jung Daehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Several days had passed, days filled with laughter and happiness. Memories were made to be kept forever in our hearts and it seemed like the people who had arrived yesterday would bid their goodbye's tomorrow.

Eunji was clinging on to Minhyuk, I knew how she felt and I knew it had to be hard for both of them since the two got closer after that truth or dare game.

Sungjae stretched his arms wide. "Aigoo, I will definitely miss this school!"

I sighed, glancing back to the book, "This school will probably miss a dork like you too." I scanned the pages of the magazine Minhyuk gave me. Yes, he gave it to me although I just wanted to borrow it.

"She's so beautiful, I think I really have seen her before."

Sungjae inclined his head, the usual thing he did to interrupt. "Yes you have, yesterday."

I shoved his head away. "No, idiot. I feel like I've seen her somewhere, somewhere I don't remember."

"You might have seen her on Zelo's phone. Remember when Daehyun said he was a big fan of Shinae?"

I shrugged. Closing the book, I turned to him and said, "You know, I think I should treat you for lunch later."

He cocked his head and met my eyes.

"Perhaps, you have realized..." He arched his lips into a smile and waited several seconds before continuing.

I furrowed my brows. "Realized what?"

"That you like me more than your boyfriend because I looked more handsome and awesome," he snickered.

This guy's humor would surely be missed. I was about to whack his head when one of my classmates called me. I turned and saw Daehyun leaning on the door side, hands tucked in his pocket, eyes locked on us.

In the corners of my eye I saw Sungjae stand up and wave jovially at him. "I'll see you later after class like what you said a while ago. Same time and same place," he said.

Daehyun came to see Sungjae after all. He nodded as if Sungjae was reminding him then left after knowing.

"Who called who and asked for a meeting?" The curiosity just lifted up and I hoped it wasn't about me, though maybe I was just assuming. The two were good friends, almost had a good relation through their nonsensical jokes and acts that seemed to be bickering but you wouldn't notice until you saw someone narrowing his brow into disclosure.

Sungjae inhaled a breath of air through his nose and let it out through his mouth. "It was me who asked him and I want to have a good time with him before leaving."

I nodded and flipped open the book when a classmate called me again and this time it was Peniel, head popping out from behind the wall, looking hesitant to come in. I waved my hand to him and he entered, head down while rubbing his fingers against his left arm.

"What's up Peniel?" Sungjae exclaimed. Some of my female classmates exchanged gazes and started murmuring. Peniel was one popular guy when it came to his face and the innocent aura he carried with him.

"You see, we'll be leaving tomorrow and--." He slowly said with a soft voice.

Sungjae smacked his shoulder making Peniel flinched. "Oh! Come on! Spit it out already."

He gulped before uttering another word. "I've been admiring you- you-re, your--."

I couldn't understand his stuttering. He took a deep breath to finally let out the thoughts that had been lingering on his mind when suddenly, "Eubin, could you please give this to your boyfriend?" I turned to see my classmate. She handed a pen then flipped her long hair.

"A pen?"

"He let me borrow it during the re-take of our failed examination," she smiled then left.

Daehyun was here a while ago. She should have returned it to him herself.  I tucked it inside my pocket, now back to Peniel. His mouth opened slightly, he immediately snapped out as I went back.

"You were saying?" I asked, hoping he'd continue what he had started.

He quivered his head. "Uhm, I've been admiring your hair. Hehe. Yes, your hair. It looks soft."

I ran my fingers through my hair and chuckled. "Really? Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it. You were the first one to notice how soft my hair is."

"Though from the looks of it you don't wash your hair," Sungjae snickered.

I glared at him. "Don't you know that large Korean shampoo producer had fought for this hair?"

I didn't want to be lectured by some cosmetic dictator again, babbling about the proper ways to shower your hair and so on.

"Now I know how dense you are."

I paused, my eyes twitched, "What?"

He shook his head then plastered a bright smile on his face. Sometimes, I just didn't understand him. I really didn't.

"Uhm. I got to go," Peniel said.

Sungjae lifted his clenched fist while tapping the somewhat sagged shoulder of Peniel. "Don't worry Peniel, Japanese girls have softer hair than Koreans."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter