CHAPTER SIX

Life's Second Chance

 

 

 

                When we got to the café the manager was behind the counter showing the new Employee what to do, I gave my greetings and went to the staff room to get change. When I got out Mr Lee was waiting for me, with the new kid beside him.

                “Eun Mi-sshi , since Yewon has a different schedule, you’ll be in charge of everything on weekends, especially in training new workers. So here’s Hwang Minhyun. I’ll leave you to it” and with that he left eh two of us.

                As we awkwardly stood there Minhyun and Ilhoon cleared their throat at the same time.

                “Oppa, let’s eat dinner together later. Okay?”

                “Okay. Txt me when you’re done. Or need some help cleaning up okay” he said he patted my head as I nodded and left leaving me and Minhyun at an awkward state again.     

                I’m not good at teaching how things work so I just ask him to watch me as I work on the costumer’s orders. He surprised me as he was a fast learner. Or I’m just good at doing things? Haha, maybe not.

                “Noona, I’ll just go clean that table” he said and left.

                Minhyun listened well to every orders I made, and it made me feel bad, so I decided to do them on my own, but he insisted on doing them by himself.

                The night went by swiftly, though there were a couple of problems such as kids running around, me spilling coffee on the floor, making Minhyun make it again. And of course, the girls who kept coming to order and not to mention flirt with Minhyun. He was a gentleman, he didn’t lead them on but he also didn’t reject them directly which would be an embarrassment.

                “Minhyun-sshi, Mop the floor, I’ll do the windows”

                “Yes, Noona” he answered obediently and started mopping the floor after cleaning the tables

                We cleaned without talking to each other. Thinking it will become awkward again. But I enjoyed his humming as he listened to music while mopping the floor.

                “Oppa? Where are you? We’re almost done cleaning” I asked, before he could even say hello on the phone

                “Okay, I’ll be there in a 15 min. wait for me okay” he said before hanging up

                After cleaning everything up, we locked the doors and stood awkwardly outside

                “You’re not yet going home Noona?” He asked, looking a little concerned

                “Uh? I’m waiting for my friend. You go ahead”

                “I’ll wait with you”

                “No, it’s okay. I’m used to waiting here”

                “No, I’ll wait with you” he insisted and sat on the bench beside me

                “Okay. Your choice”

                “Noona, where do you go to school?”

                “Ace High School. You?”

                “Me? Secret” he answered smiling. He looked cute when he smiled like that, the way his eyes form a cute half-moon.

                “Tell me. Oh! Yah, why do you keep calling me Noona? Do I look like I’m older than you?”

                “Oh? No, I’m not sure what to call you”

                “Eun Mi, Eun Mi is enough. Just not Noona, we’re the same age”

                “Really?” his confused look even looks cuter

                “Uhh”

                “Eun Mi!” Ilhoon interrupted, he was out of breath again

                “Oppa. Did you run again”

                He just nodded, he smiled proudly and took the bicycle

                “Let’s go” he patted the back seat with a smile.

                “I’ll see you on Monday Minhyun-ah” I said waving he waved back smiling             

                “Go home safely Minhyun-sshi” Ilhoon said before turning to the corner.